VW GX3

Started by anti_analog, January 04, 2006, 02:05:31 PM

anti_analog

Story Here...

Yeah, $17,000, 46mpg, 0-60 in 5.6 and 1.25 lateral Gs?!  Good lord!  They could actually convince me to buy one of these things!

I wonder how "safe" it is compared to a regular car...How much it costs to insure...Will I need a motorcycle liscense...

Run Away

Now there's a VW I would buy.  

Fire It Up

If they just added another wheel on the back I'd take it. Otherwise it looks goofy.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Catman

It'll need one of these

I'd be concerned about it being missed by other motorists.  But, overall it'll most likely be safer than a motorcycle.  Must be a hoot to drive, looks awesome. :rockon:  

Catman

Catman

QuoteIf they just added another wheel on the back I'd take it. Otherwise it looks goofy.
Why add the components and weight if it's not needed?

giant_mtb

QuoteIf they just added another wheel on the back I'd take it. Otherwise it looks goofy.
Why add the components and weight if it's not needed?
That's what I was wondering.  As if anyone's gonna care what you look like out on the track?  All they're gonna see is your rear-wheel.  They'll be impressed by its goofy looks.

Raza

Does it have aircon?  If yes, then I say "Daily Driver"
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

anti_analog

I'd guess no A/C, perhaps no HVAC at all since there's not even a windshield to defog, no sound system at all either.

And having 3 wheels and making it a "motorcycle" and requiring a motorcycle liscense probably makes it legal, otherwise I have a feeling it wouldn't pass any sort of crash testing.  Hopefully it still has some safety features, though I doubt much would help if you were sideswiped in it.

I can see one fitting in the other side of my garage...mmmm....but I shouldnt' get ahead of myself.

JYODER240

I want one of these, maybe even more than the Ariel Atom
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

BMWDave

I dont see a/c :P

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

SVT666

Not impressed.  It's just VW's imitation of the Canadian built T-Rex

anti_analog

Aren't T-Rexs expensive?  (I really have very little idea)

I do like the roll cage design on the T-Rex a lot, especially since it could allow windows to be put on, making casual driving in the rain a lot less...mmm...inconvinient...

93JC

QuoteNot impressed.  It's just VW's imitation of the Canadian built T-Rex
First thing that popped into my head.

(Didn't know they're Canadian, though. Cool. I should have assumed as much, as the real reason the T-Rex popped into my head was because I saw it featured in an episode of How It's Made.)

Raza

I still love it.  Definitely the car that could draw me back to VW.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.