All-New Audi A8 Teaser

Started by cawimmer430, July 05, 2017, 02:16:58 PM

cawimmer430

All-New Audi A8 Teaser Surfaces, Reveals Profile And Some Light Graphics

With the Audi Summit less than a week away in sunny Barcelona, the German automaker has decided to shine more light on its upcoming A8 flagship.

Unlike with most luxury cars in this segment, Audi haven't exactly done a great job at keeping the A8 away from the spotlight. Naturally, it's all by design since the car is already on its way to becoming a movie star.

In case you haven't heard already, the all-new Audi A8 is featured in Marvel's latest blockbuster movie, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and has already been teased heavily in multiple official videos.

But what does this image tell us? Aside from offering a better look at the car, it's nothing we haven't already seen or deducted. The two Prologue-esque profile lines are quite visible though, whereas the LED's out front look pretty sharp.

That being said, let's round up what we know so far about Ingolstadt's new Mercedes-Benz S-Class and BMW 7-Series rival. One of the first things they confirmed, officially, was that the A8 will come with 48-volt mild hybrid powertrains as standard across its range, which ultimately reduces the car's fuel consumption by up to 0.7l/100km (0.2 mpg US).

They followed that up by showing us just how easily the car can park itself with the help of the Audi AI Remote Parking Pilot. In the video, which you can watch here, the driver exists the car and the A8 does a 180 and reverses itself into the garage.

Then came all the Spider-Man stuff with Tom Holland and comedian J.B. Smoove enjoying some of the car's active safety tech during a driving test, followed by the web slinger going to his own movie premiere on the hood of the 2018 Audi A8.

Last but now least, yesterday's sneak preview ad revealed that you can get the A8 with a relaxation rear seat with foot massage, which sounds absolutely delightful.

The Audi Summit takes place in Barcelona on July 11th, starting at 9:30 AM local time (CEST).

Link: http://www.carscoops.com/2017/07/all-new-audi-a8-teaser-surfaces-reveals.html

All-New A8 Teaser-Fest Continues As Audi Lets Journos Feel The Quality

While Audi is doing a pretty good job at letting us know what to expect from their new A8 flagship, there are still plenty of things that have yet to be revealed.

The German automaker has yet to discuss cabin quality and how the A8 would set itself apart from its S-Class and 7-Series rivals when it comes to materials. With that in mind, inviting journalists to a special viewing and blindfolding them, is what you might call an interesting start.

These images come courtesy of Der-Autotester, who sent someone to Ingolstadt to feel around what's bound to be one of the most luxurious and technologically-advanced saloons ever made.

You can see a little bit of the dashboard, featuring two very large displays, one underneath the other, just like on the Q8 Sport Concept. The car is of course surrounded by light, be it LED light on the outside, or ambient lighting inside the cabin, even on the rear seat armrest. Also, this particular A8L is probably dripping with optional extras, so it's probably fair not to expect every single A8 model to look this luxurious - or to massage your feet for that matter.

All that remains now is for Audi to blow us away with everything the all-new A8 can do on the move, because in terms of aesthetics, our reader feedback wasn't all too positive regarding that teaser image that came out yesterday.

The countdown continues until the car is revealed next Tuesday, July 11th, in Barcelona at the Audi Summit.

Link: http://www.carscoops.com/2017/07/all-new-a8-teaser-fest-continues-as.html

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

giant_mtb

What is the guy doing with his hands in the last picture? :wtf:

BimmerM3

And in the third to last picture. I'm not even sure what part of the car that is.

And why didn't they lower the window? Hey there random lady in a black top and off-white skirt... :wtf:

Galaxy

The perfume dispenser has a winter and summer setting?  :confused:

Looks like the headlights will not be quite as sleek as on the prologue concept. Shame.

giant_mtb

Quote from: BimmerM3 on July 05, 2017, 04:00:15 PM
And in the third to last picture. I'm not even sure what part of the car that is.

And why didn't they lower the window? Hey there random lady in a black top and off-white skirt... :wtf:

Oh, that's what that is.  I thought it was just some lame digital image effect.

cawimmer430

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 05, 2017, 03:36:03 PM
What is the guy doing with his hands in the last picture? :wtf:

Probably some perverse sexual thing!

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

68_427

I fell asleep just reading the title of this thread.  Holy fuck is Audi's lineup boring...
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

12,000 RPM

I was going to ask who is still buying these things as large sedan sales that aren't Teslas or Benzes are in the dumps in the US

But then I remembered.... CHINA... can't blame them for trying to get the getting while it's good
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Raza

Quote from: 68_427 on July 05, 2017, 09:36:35 PM
I fell asleep just reading the title of this thread.  Holy fuck is Audi's lineup boring...

Yeah, the A8 reveal was never going to be earth shattering. Attractive, but conservative, like always.

Better than ugly as fuck like most cars are these days, but I guess I'm in the minority there.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Submariner

Quote from: BimmerM3 on July 05, 2017, 04:00:15 PM

It's the back of the front seats.

Interior could be interesting, but from the outside it looks like the current model.  Actually, I think they just took a picture of the current model and passed it off as the next one.  Those crafty Germans up to their tricks.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

cawimmer430

Quote from: 68_427 on July 05, 2017, 09:36:35 PM

Their design evolution and language is very predictable. Handsome and elegant cars for sure, but don't expect anything that will blow you away. It's pretty much the same with all premium brands - conservative styling sells and ages well.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

12,000 RPM

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 06, 2017, 08:56:15 AMIt's pretty much the same with all premium brands - conservative styling sells and ages well.
Maybe in Europe and China, but not in America. Only large luxury cars here not in double digit sales freefall are the Panamera, Model S and the brand new G90. Audi is selling about 300 A8s a month here... abysmal.

cawimmer430

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on July 06, 2017, 10:52:09 AM
Maybe in Europe and China, but not in America. Only large luxury cars here not in double digit sales freefall are the Panamera, Model S and the brand new G90. Audi is selling about 300 A8s a month here... abysmal.

The 7er and S-Class are also conservatively styled but they sell well in North America.

In Audis case I think it's perhaps their image. They're up there with BMW and MB, but not quite up there in the minds of most consumers. Correct me if I am wrong.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 07, 2017, 04:13:47 AM
The 7er and S-Class are also conservatively styled but they sell well in North America.

In Audis case I think it's perhaps their image. They're up there with BMW and MB, but not quite up there in the minds of most consumers. Correct me if I am wrong.

No correction needed. Souped up VWs are not quite up there.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

12,000 RPM

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 07, 2017, 04:13:47 AM

S yes, 7 ehhh. 7 is lucky to break 10K/yr in the states.

The market for these kinds of cars is just dwindling here. Most of the kinds of people who were buying these cars in their heyday are buying big luxury  SUVs now.

BimmerM3

A8 has always been significantly lower production than both the 7 and the S, and generally the S class has sold much better than the 7.

12,000 RPM

Where did you get those #s???

BimmerM3

http://carsalesbase.com/

Those are (or at least were intended to be, so lemme know if I messed up) US sales numbers.

EDIT: and FWIW, the A8 numbers include S8 sales.

cawimmer430

Maybe it's my general dislike of SUVs, but what do people see in them to make them go from an S-Class/7er/A8/LS/XJ to an SUV? Is it the higher seating position and utility? Because you can get that in a Ford C-Max or Mercedes B-Class if you're willing to go downmarket.

Here it's literally the opposite; consumers are leaving the large luxury cars for a smaller, more manageable compacts, and that also includes the E-Class/5er/A6. A good friend of my father, who drove S-Classes for decades, recently bought a B-Class and does not regret it. He claims it's easier to live with in a city environment, more fuel efficient and more comfortable to enter and exit due to the higher seating position.

My dad thinks similarly. He always tells me that if he were to get a new car it would be a Mercedes B-Class; just as spacious as an E-Class, but easier to live with in a city environment and the elevated seating position is a plus for older people.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

12,000 RPM

Why should one have to go downmarket for an SUV? A Range Rover or GLS class offers the same higher seating position and utility with the same luxury and performance. Most people here don't live in cramped cities so having a bigger car is OK. The only time I mind the size of my wife's CUV is when I have to park it in a lot.

Galaxy

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 07, 2017, 01:24:32 PM
Maybe it's my general dislike of SUVs, but what do people see in them to make them go from an S-Class/7er/A8/LS/XJ to an SUV? Is it the higher seating position and utility? Because you can get that in a Ford C-Max or Mercedes B-Class if you're willing to go downmarket.

Here it's literally the opposite; consumers are leaving the large luxury cars for a smaller, more manageable compacts, and that also includes the E-Class/5er/A6. A good friend of my father, who drove S-Classes for decades, recently bought a B-Class and does not regret it. He claims it's easier to live with in a city environment, more fuel efficient and more comfortable to enter and exit due to the higher seating position.

My dad thinks similarly. He always tells me that if he were to get a new car it would be a Mercedes B-Class; just as spacious as an E-Class, but easier to live with in a city environment and the elevated seating position is a plus for older people.

People today have much more active lifestyles, be it dogs, bicycles, large RC airplanes or what not. Even in Germany the market for large luxury cars is stagnant. The market for cars like the S6/RS6 wagon, AMG E class wagon etc on the other hand  is growing.

Raza

Yeah, it's not like I can put my dog into the trunk of my Z4. I tried that with a kid and CPS took it away.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.