A practical CUV for her *** Thread update, Rotor’s worst nightmare realized ***

Started by Lebowski, September 04, 2017, 08:41:55 AM

Lebowski

Quote from: mzziaz on September 25, 2017, 11:19:44 PM

So, you are paying your wife to take the cheap car?

Ha, that's one way of putting it.

No, we're just putting any savings towards something more important to both of us.  I was addressing the MCM angle of "maybe she wants a really nice car and just isn't telling you" ... she knows she can drive whatever she wants within reason, she really doesn't care and has higher priorities.

Fwiw we aren't married. Live together and are in a committed relationship, but keep things like finances separate.

AutobahnSHO

Will

Tave

Bruh. Wife that shit up, pay off her student loans, and find a yoga studio she doesn't have to commute 25,000 miles/year to teach at. Good lord.

You must really, really, really hate that M3.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Lebowski

Quote from: Tave on September 26, 2017, 07:52:11 PM

Brah. Wife that shit up, pay off her student loans, and find a yoga studio she doesn't have to commute 25,000 miles/year to teach at. Good lord.

I don't hate the m3 but doesn't do anything for me. This has been covered ... I'd be selling it in any case.

Thanks but no thanks to the non car related life advice.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Tave on September 26, 2017, 07:52:11 PM
Bruh. Wife that shit up, pay off her student loans, and find a yoga studio she doesn't have to commute 25,000 miles/year to teach at. Good lord.

What does that even mean?  :confused:
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

FoMoJo

This is depressing.  If I live much longer I won't be able to understand what anyone's saying.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

GoCougs

Quote from: FoMoJo on September 26, 2017, 08:37:46 PM
This is depressing.  If I live much longer I won't be able to understand what anyone's saying.

You'll live plenty long and be just as clueless as the rest of us ;).

(I had no idea what it meant either and had never heard it. But now knowing they're not married I guess i can see it - maybe that was mentioned earlier ITT or elsewhere.)

Lebowski

r0tor

Ah, so the real story is wife is not a wife, has financial issues, and Lebowski only want to do as little as possible to help her out...

...Now it all makes sense...  :popcorn:
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

mzziaz

Yeah, a brand new CR-V AND $20k cash is really bad.

Lebowski = stingiest sugardaddy ever.
Cuore Sportivo

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on September 27, 2017, 05:26:37 AM

Ah, so the real story is wife is not a wife, has financial issues, and Lebowski only want to do as little as possible to help her out...

...Now it all makes sense...  :popcorn:

"Gotcha!  Your girlfriend isn't even your wife!  Caught again in a web of your own truths, Lebowski!"

Come on, nobody actually believes the #1 and #2 Lebowski enthusiasts thought they could possibly have missed a wedding announcement :huh:

r0tor

You might have wanted to start the thread like
"Hey my girlfriend needs a new daily commuter.  She's deep in debt and I want to help her out without going crazy because I'm not comfortable with her having my money yet.  I'm also dumping the M3 because I don't like it"

Rather then this gem of a massively different story
QuoteLong story short I increased my spending quite a bit from 2010-2015ish and came to the conclusion of you know what, my level of spending has gone up but my overall comfort has not done so by a commensurate amount. A lot of moving pieces during that period though including going from single no kids no plans to ever have kids to a family w/ 2 kids.  Went from having a long time goal of retiring early, sort of abandoned that goal for a couple of years, and came back to it.

:violin:
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Lebowski

Not sure what you're getting at or what you think is contradictory, none of it is other than your erroneous assumptions.

That you think choosing to prioritize paying off student loans over driving a nicer car on her part = "financial issues", well, I think its already been pointed out your fixation between nice things wrt image/status is unhealthy.

Raza

Come on, Lebowski. Get your shit together! Bald, poor, and living in Florida? You're a cliche!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Lebowski

Quote from: Raza  on September 27, 2017, 08:12:21 AM

Come on, Lebowski. Get your shit together! Bald, poor, and living in Florida? You're a cliche!

Bald, poor, and living in sin!

(and with another poor person :facepalm:)

Raza

Quote from: Lebowski on September 27, 2017, 08:17:05 AM

Oh shit, you guys aren't married? You have a babymama? You are a babydaddy!? Damn son. I see you in a whole new light.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Lebowski

Quote from: Raza  on September 27, 2017, 08:18:42 AM

Oh shit, you guys aren't married? You have a babymama? You are a babydaddy!? Damn son. I see you in a whole new light.

Nah, not mine man she told me she went to the sperm bank.  Oh wait no, that was Rotor's wife.

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on September 27, 2017, 07:47:22 AM
Not sure what you're getting at or what you think is contradictory, none of it is other than your erroneous assumptions.

That you think choosing to prioritize paying off student loans over driving a nicer car on her part = "financial issues", well, I think its already been pointed out your fixation between nice things wrt image/status is unhealthy.

As I said previously, if you told the whole story you would have gotten better responses.

It's alot more understandable now why you were do against anything with a lux price and fixated on the cheapest alternative as your just trying to bail your girlfriend out.

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on September 27, 2017, 08:25:34 AM

It's alot more understandable now why you were do against anything with a lux price and fixated on the cheapest alternative as your just trying to bail your girlfriend out.

I have owned a "lux car" for 3 years and concluded it doesn't do anything for me.  Not sure how much clearer I can make that, was all laid out in the second post in the thread.

You're trying so hard to read between the lines you've repeatedly made an ass of yourself, and now you're back for more.

shp4man

Quote from: Lebowski on September 27, 2017, 08:17:05 AM

(and with another poor person :facepalm:)

Sheeee-it, buddy, welcome to the trailer park! Come over to my double-wide for Bud Light! We'll talk about NASCAR! Still think you oughta get that pickup.

:muffin: ;)

Raza

Quote from: Lebowski on September 27, 2017, 08:24:09 AM

Nah, not mine man she told me she went to the sperm bank.  Oh wait no, that was Rotor's wife.

Oh shit, you put a baby in r0tor's wife? Not going to lie dude, that's a boss move.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

CaminoRacer

Quote from: shp4man on September 27, 2017, 08:43:40 AM
Sheeee-it, buddy, welcome to the trailer park! Come over to my double-wide for Bud Light! We'll talk about NASCAR! Still think you oughta get that pickup.

:muffin: ;)

No wonder he hasn't posted photos of the new house yet
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Lebowski

Quote from: Raza  on September 27, 2017, 08:43:47 AM

Oh shit, you put a baby in r0tor's wife? Not going to lie dude, that's a boss move.

I've never donated. You?

MrH

Quote from: Raza  on September 27, 2017, 08:12:21 AM

:lol:

This is the thread that keeps on giving.

I'd like to point out how many times r0tor says good bye in Lebowski threads, waits all of a couple of days at most (usually a couple of hours), and he's back to writing another chapter in his Lebowski novel.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Lebowski

Rotor is the gift that keeps on giving.

If I had a dollar for every time Rotor left only to return, I could afford a decent car AND a toupee!

Tave

Quote from: Raza  on September 27, 2017, 08:18:42 AM

I was about to say, that's not a girlfriend Lebowski, that's an honest-to-goodness babymama. And if I'm not mistaken, this right here is some straight old fashioned babymama drama.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Lebowski

Quote from: Tave on September 27, 2017, 10:40:27 AM

I was about to say, that's not a girlfriend Lebowski, that's an honest-to-goodness babymama. And if I'm not mistaken, this right here is some straight old fashioned babymama drama.

Buying a practical car is drama?  Living below ones means and recognizing a "lux car" doesn't do anything for you is drama?  Sorry, only drama to be found here is fiction.

Make all the assumptions you'd like, it's entirely possible and not at all uncommon to be in a healthy, committed relationship and not be married.  Brah.

GoCougs

Quote from: Lebowski on September 27, 2017, 04:58:19 AM
Surely you've been paying more attention that that, Gougs.

I have not. ITT people kept saying "wife" and I just went with it (and curiously, you didn't seem to be correcting them).

Lebowski

Quote from: GoCougs on September 27, 2017, 10:57:56 AM

I have not. ITT people kept saying "wife" and I just went with it (and curiously, you didn't seem to be correcting them).

If there's a wedding you'll be the first spinner to get an invite  :lol:

Cohabit w/ someone for awhile and sooner or later people start referring to you as "mr and mrs __" , refer to "your husband" or "your wife", people refer to her son as "your son" (to me) or to me as "your dad" (to him), after awhile you just kinda get used to it and stop correcting people, it's an understandable and IMO harmless mistake.  We don't refer to each other as husband/wife except in a few situations usually w/ strangers when it avoids confusion (front desk at a hotel, "my husband/wife made the reservation under his/her name ___") but oftentimes we don't bother to correct others if they refer to us that way, and we do always refer to ourselves collectively as "my family".

Consider also, "girlfriend"/"boyfriend" sounds like someone you've known for 3 weeks, "partner" sounds like same sex, "significant other" sounds like you're both 60+ y/o.

I'm no expert on urban lingo and I/we don't take offense to any of these labels, but my understanding is "baby mama" implies lack of a committed relationship, which is not the case here.

Not that it's here or there but fwiw my parents are divorced, her parents are divorced, I'm 36 and have plenty of peers who are divorced etc. a piece of paper doesn't define a relationship.  We likely will get married at some point and there are some practical benefits (health insurance, estate planning etc) but neither of us is insecure in our current position and honestly I haven't received the pressure many guys seem to get.