A practical CUV for her *** Thread update, Rotor’s worst nightmare realized ***

Started by Lebowski, September 04, 2017, 08:41:55 AM

giant_mtb

Quote from: Cookie Monster on September 14, 2017, 03:42:22 PM
Why does picking the right vehicle for the job make you an unthusiast? It's not even for him... it's for his wife.

By your standard, I'm not an enthusiast either because I stopped driving my track car and bought a practical wagon instead. :huh:

If it's not a Bimmer, you aren't an enthusiast.

Lebowski

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on September 14, 2017, 03:39:53 PM

Travel enthusiast.  :lol:

Yoga enthusiast, baby enthusiast, travel enthusiast. I am a gun enthusiast, beer enthusiast, german shepherd enthusiast. Kids are a surfing enthusiast and a breastfeeding enthusiast.

GoCougs

Quote from: r0tor on September 14, 2017, 03:03:29 PM
What exactly gives you any shred of enthusiast cred again?

You don't even work on your bike then yet a car

I see. You're offended by my bike (I kinda don't blame you, it's a fair bit obscene) and that I didn't include you. Well, you cause so much drama; most of it because you cling to the indefensible; I went back and forth. After your lobbying however, I thusly slot you in, out of the goodness of my heart.

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: giant_mtb on September 14, 2017, 03:43:12 PM
If it's not a Bimmer, you aren't an enthusiast.

Never said that. Me, yeah, I am a BMW enthusiast first probably and car enthusiast second. So?
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

giant_mtb

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on September 14, 2017, 03:44:51 PM
Never said that. Me, yeah, I am a BMW enthusiast first probably and car enthusiast second. So?

I was being slightly sarcastic.  But I've no dog in this fight.  Dogs shouldn't fight.

AutobahnSHO

LOL so much butthurt lately. Hope we can all still be friends instead of personal attackers....   :mask:

(no one in particular)
Will

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on September 14, 2017, 03:33:46 PM

Dunno, will have to ask my kids if they'd still respect me.

They won't... But that's cool!
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

r0tor

Quote from: GoCougs on September 14, 2017, 03:44:15 PM
I see. You're offended by my bike (I kinda don't blame you, it's a fair bit obscene) and that I didn't include you. Well, you cause so much drama; most of it because you cling to the indefensible; I went back and forth. After your lobbying however, I thusly slot you in, out of the goodness of my heart.

I really don't give two shits about your bike... This isn't a bike enthusiast site and I could care less.

You mentioned yourself in a context of being an enthusiast like a group of people who work on their car.  You don't work on crap.  You don't do anything remotely automotive related except get in ford/Chevy pissing matches because it strokes you love of politics and other topics in a failed attempt to stroke your economic ego.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

giant_mtb

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on September 14, 2017, 04:20:04 PM
LOL so much butthurt lately. Hope we can all still be friends instead of personal attackers....   :mask:

(no one in particular)

Yeah I think we all need a breather, myself included. :lol:

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on September 14, 2017, 04:26:30 PM

I really don't give two shits about your bike... This isn't a bike enthusiast site and I could care less.

You mentioned yourself in a context of being an enthusiast like a group of people who work on their car.  You don't work on crap.  You don't do anything remotely automotive related except get in ford/Chevy pissing matches because it strokes you love of politics and other topics in a failed attempt to stroke your economic ego.

Sure you two aren't the same person?  I could totally see Gougs arguing for 6 pages that a 3 series trunk is larger than CRV cargo area.

2o6

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on September 14, 2017, 04:33:40 PM

Sure you two aren't the same person?  I could totally see Gougs arguing for 6 pages that a 3 series trunk is larger than CRV cargo area.
I don't have nearly enough love of trains to pull that off

r0tor

Quote from: 2o6 on September 14, 2017, 04:35:28 PM
X3 and X1 feel every bit as benign as a CRV

The bimmers ride stiffer and at least the X3 has a much larger hp potential

2o6

Quote from: r0tor on September 14, 2017, 04:38:51 PM
The bimmers ride stiffer and at least the X3 has a much larger hp potential

I've driven so many of the damn things.

They're quick, with dead steering and an isolated, quiet ride. It's not really sporty nor is it meant to be. Even the M sport models are lame and compromised.

The Honda isn't very remarkable to drive, but it's not bad, cheap, and reliable.

2o6

And the x1 is too small. It's like driving a MINI with worse inputs

Lebowski

The X1 is small. I haven't been in one I that I can recall (prob poked my head in at the dealership at some point) but just looking at the specs it's way smaller than the CRV, probably dealbreaker just on size plus it's gonna be close to $10k more well equipped, and I imagine less reliable and overall more expensive to own over 100k+ miles.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: r0tor on September 14, 2017, 03:06:13 PM
Haven't been keeping up... But have we reached the point where lebowski has completely given up on life and traded an M3 in on a minivan yet?
Not sure what you mean. You drive a sports car and have given up on life, so I don't see how the two things are related.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

12,000 RPM

And yea Cougs talking about working on cars is pretty laughable. Same guy who deifies OEMs, shits on the aftermarket and takes his bicycles in to get worked on lol.

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: 2o6 on September 14, 2017, 04:41:31 PM

I've driven so many of the damn things.

They're quick, with dead steering and an isolated, quiet ride. It's not really sporty nor is it meant to be. Even the M sport models are lame and compromised.

The Honda isn't very remarkable to drive, but it's not bad, cheap, and reliable.

I thought the X4 M40i I had for a couple of days was pretty fun to drive. That trim wasn´t available on the X3, but will be on the new one. There´s also a full on X3M coming soon with an evolution of the M4 engine.

Even our X5 can be fun on a mountain road too.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

2o6

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on September 14, 2017, 05:48:01 PM
I thought the X4 M40i I had for a couple of days was pretty fun to drive. That trim wasn´t available on the X3, but will be on the new one. There´s also a full on X3M coming soon with an evolution of the M4 engine.

Even our X5 can be fun on a mountain road too.

Those are very expensive cars.

r0tor

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on September 14, 2017, 05:37:00 PM
Not sure what you mean. You drive a sports car and have given up on life, so I don't see how the two things are related.

Don't remember giving up on life

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

GoCougs

Quote from: Rich on September 14, 2017, 06:32:29 PM
This thread :lol:

It's 'SPIN thread roulette! Pick your poison:

Are you a non-enthusiast?

Are you having financial issues and have to sell your hot rod?

Are you a hater of CUVs?

Are you a hater of bicycles?

Are you a claimant of TTBism?

You must weigh in.

Lebowski

Quote from: GoCougs on September 14, 2017, 08:32:40 PM

It's 'SPIN thread roulette! Pick your poison:

Are you a non-enthusiast?

Are you having financial issues and have to sell your hot rod?

Are you a hater of CUVs?

Are you a hater of bicycles?

Are you a claimant of TTBism?

You must weigh in.

Are you angry?

Are you insecure?

Are you prone to jealousy?

Are you not very good at losing an argument, digging deeper into wrong rather than learning something new?

Have you given up on life?

If you've answered yes to all the above, could be either Rotor or Gougs it's hard to tell the difference these days.  Are they the same person?

r0tor

Lebowski

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on September 15, 2017, 05:22:45 AM

Has less space than a 3-series.

It can fit a kayak thanks to its innovative fold flat front seat!

12,000 RPM

I miss the fold flat front seat in the Rabbit. That thing was surprisingly versatile.

Lebowski

A fold flat front would be nice I'm not gonna lie. Put it on the list.