A practical CUV for her *** Thread update, Rotor’s worst nightmare realized ***

Started by Lebowski, September 04, 2017, 08:41:55 AM

r0tor

Quote from: 2o6 on September 15, 2017, 03:00:16 PM

Yes. Both numerically and by feel.

Which numerals?  Similar head and shoulder room, similar leg room, less hip room? Arebic numerals? Roman numerals?  CarSPINia numerals?
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

68_427

Quote from: r0tor on September 15, 2017, 04:20:14 PM
You forgot front legroom... Hip room and legroom are usually important when seating people

I'm sure his wife has a hard time with front seat legroom...
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

r0tor

Quote from: 68_427 on September 15, 2017, 04:30:26 PM
I'm sure his wife has a hard time with front seat legroom...

Are those roof mounted goal posts your sporting?
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

68_427

Quote from: r0tor on September 15, 2017, 04:34:49 PM
Are those roof mounted goal posts your sporting?

You're* arguing in favor of probably the least important dimensions with regards to his wife, the one who will be daily driving this vehicle.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Lebowski

CRV has plenty of legroom both front and rear plus XC60 has never been in the running :huh:

r0tor

Quote from: 68_427 on September 15, 2017, 04:47:04 PM
You're* arguing in favor of probably the least important dimensions with regards to his wife, the one who will be daily driving this vehicle.

Oh right,  we are still voting for the CRV based on space except for the space around the driver because that irrelevant but what it relevant is its cargo capacity rating which is greatly inflated by Honda adding a little extra height because that is apparently important to Lebowskis wife however the cargo area width and length being on the small side is not of a concern to his wife

I keep forgetting these things... Carry on

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on September 15, 2017, 05:04:16 PM

Oh right,  we are still voting for the CRV based on space except for the space around the driver because that irrelevant but what it relevant is its cargo capacity rating which is greatly inflated by Honda adding a little extra height because that is apparently important to Lebowskis wife however the cargo area width and length being on the small side is not of a concern to his wife

I keep forgetting these things... Carry on

Why are you so involved/concerned here?

If you really care all that much, go look at it in person the CRV interior space including both front and rear seat room/comfort and cargo capacity is surprisingly roomy for a vehicle of its exterior size (which is a factor due to garage space) as well as all other relevant factors including price/value/efficiency/reliability/comfort/features etc. XC60 is in a totally different class, hasn't been in the running, and a result is largely irrelevant.

CRV is a pretty compelling package all of the above considered.  Believe me I did not go into this thinking "gee I hope the CRV is the winner" and was sorta hoping to land on something a bit less boring, but when looking at the closest and arguably less boring alternative the CX-5 the CRV was the clear winner in both of our opinions.  I'm open to other ideas hence the thread but suggesting something larger and $20k more expensive as well as trying to argue a sedan is more practical when a) no its not, b) OP specifically stated she wants to drive an SUV and c) with 2 large dogs it especially isnt as practical, isn't all that helpful.

I get it, you're angry and much like your 'SpinTwin Gougs not very good at losing arguments but move on with your life man. 

Bottom line the 4Runner better fits my needs than the M3 and a smaller/newer SUV better fits her needs than the 4Runner, that that bothers you so much is weird.

r0tor

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on September 15, 2017, 05:27:19 PM

a 37x40 cargo area is not large at all

So don't buy one :huh:

It's large enough for her, esp having a larger vehicle in the household, which is all that matters.

Also you're the guy who recommended the SMALLER X1. You're all over the place.

r0tor

... Might like to know a Cx5 behind the rear seats is 38x41.3...

I would assume the wife would care about putting stuff behind the kids the the 2nd row

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on September 15, 2017, 05:30:03 PM

So don't buy one :huh:

It's large enough for her, esp having a larger vehicle in the household, which is all that matters.

Also you're the guy who recommended the SMALLER X1. You're all over the place.

Oh sorry, the X1 cargo area is only 36x40... Clearly that's way too small

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on September 15, 2017, 05:35:06 PM

... Might like to know a Cx5 behind the rear seats is 38x41.3...

I would assume the wife would care about putting stuff behind the kids the the 2nd row

And yet the CRV cargo volume is significantly larger.  Go look at both of them and you wouldn't be arguing this point.

Of course she does ... I think 10 standard carry-ons back there will do.  http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-honda-cr-v-in-depth-model-review-2017-honda-cr-v-cargo-space-and-storage-review-car-and-driver-page-7

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on September 15, 2017, 05:52:27 PM

Oh sorry, the X1 cargo area is only 36x40... Clearly that's way too small

You recommended X1 as replacement for the 4Runner. You were certain a 3 series and X1 had plenty of space for us and are now arguing a CRV + 4Runner is too small?  And CRV cargo volume is significantly larger than the X1 this has all been covered, at length.

Not sure how blunt I can be about this - your input ITT is not helpful and the degree of interest you have in this is weird. Start a new thread and stop posting in mine.   

GoCougs

Quote from: MrH on September 15, 2017, 08:17:15 AM
This thread is beautiful.  It has it all.

What's your financial burden, what are you selling as a result, and what will you be stepping down into?

Lebowski

Quote from: GoCougs on September 15, 2017, 06:05:49 PM

What's your financial burden, what are you selling as a result, and what will you be stepping down into?

"Weird?  Did someone just say weird?  Can't have the angry persona encroaching on the strange/creepy one" ... (logs out Rotor account logs in Gougs).

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on September 15, 2017, 05:54:25 PM

And yet the CRV cargo volume is significantly larger.  Go look at both of them and you wouldn't be arguing this point.

Of course she does ... I think 10 standard carry-ons back there will do.  http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-honda-cr-v-in-depth-model-review-2017-honda-cr-v-cargo-space-and-storage-review-car-and-driver-page-7

Cx5 also carried 10 - shrug-

Your wayyyy to caught up in Hondas inflated cargo volume stats

12,000 RPM

Quote from: r0tor on September 15, 2017, 04:20:14 PM
You forgot front legroom... Hip room and legroom are usually important when seating people
2 and a half hours and that's the best you could do? JFC man.

For starters, 0.2" is damn near a rounding error. Secondly the spec that matters is total legroom as the front seat is adjustable. Which the CR-V beats the XC60 on.

Anything else?
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

12,000 RPM

Quote from: r0tor on September 15, 2017, 06:28:05 PM

So now it's a conspiracy :wtf:

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on September 15, 2017, 06:28:05 PM

Behind backseat space was your specific concern. 10 carryons capacity back there should suffice, so you can sleep tonight.

Takeaway from that link is CRV is class leading for space pretty much across the board. Compared to the CX-5, it fits more carry-ons with seats down. It has more volume with seats up and down (sorry, volume matters and Honda didn't redefine it). It has more height (good for dogs, good for large or awkward shaped items). It has a larger opening (good for large or awkward sized items). It has a more roomy and comfortable back seat. It has a flatter floor for back seat passengers.  We looked at both back to back, wanted to like the CX-5, the CRV clearly has more space. It's no contest.

Your concern is flattering, if bizarre. You're wrong and your contribution to this thread has been less than worthless.

12,000 RPM

On the contrary, the decision was evident on the first page. This kind of live, interactive, infinitely uninentionally self-depricating entertainment... invaluable.

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

MexicoCityM3

Lebowski maybe take the wife to test drive some of the luxury options suggested? Maybe a test drive would make it "worth it" to her.

With that in mind: new Cayenne. I'd suggest Macan but too small.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Lebowski

I like the discovery ok but it's in a different class. Maybe as an eventual 4Runner replacement if Toyota discontinues it but that's years off.  Discovery sport and f-pace don't really interest me.

MexicoCityM3

Actually: outgoing Cayenne. You should be able to get a great deal on one.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)