Ferrari 599 GTB

Started by BMWDave, January 09, 2006, 02:40:36 PM

BMWDave

Announced at the 2006 North American International Auto Show, the new Ferrari 599 GTB, replacement for the 575M Maranello, will debut in February at the 2006 Geneva Auto Show. The all-aluminum mid-front engine two-seater sports car will be equipped with a 6.0-liter V-12 engine derived from the Enzo. Power is rated at 620 bhp at 7600 rpm.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raza

Looks like a 612 and an Enzo together.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Colonel Cadillac

The 575m looked worlds better.  

TBR

Not too bad, but it is going to take me a while to get warmed up to it.  

Lebowski

I hate do say it because I normally really like Ferraris, but that IMO is the worst looking ferrari I've seen in a long time, maybe the worst ever.

That vent on the side is awful, it looks bad from the rear and profile, and I'm not a huge fan of the Scaglietti-esque front end (I'm not a huge fan of the 612, either, but it didn't bother me as much as I've never been a fan of the ferrari holding that spot in their product line, I didnt love the 456, either ... but I do like the 575, and had higher hopes for its replacement).

autom?vel

I don't think it looks too bad; better than the 612 Scagletti, I'd say, but I still want to see it in real pictures.

I don't really like the direction Ferrari has been going with its design lately in comparision to where it was at, but personally I was beginning to think that the 575 M looked dated.
?Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.?
          -  Teddy Roosevelt

Lebowski

QuoteI don't think it looks too bad; better than the 612 Scagletti, I'd say, but I still want to see it in real pictures.

I don't really like the direction Ferrari has been going with its design lately in comparision to where it was at, but personally I was beginning to think that the 575 M looked dated.
I love the 575 Maranello, but I'll agree that it looks dated ... because it is dated.

I'm still underwhelmed by its replacement.  When the 575 was relatively new, it looked great, it was one of the best looking cars on the road, IMO.  But this 599?  Blah.

Raza

I've been saying I haven't liked Ferrari's styling trend for years.  

Bandwagon starts here.

:) ;)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Submariner

Its going to be heavy, isn't it.  :rolleyes:  
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Raza

QuoteIts going to be heavy, isn't it.  :rolleyes:
It's a Ferrari--of course it's going to be heavy.  But it's a Ferrari--so no one is going to call them on it.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Lebowski

QuoteI've been saying I haven't liked Ferrari's styling trend for years.  

Bandwagon starts here.

Eh, I wouldn't quite jump on that band wagon, yet.  I like the 430 and the Enzo.  I don't love this or the 612.  One thing that pisses me off is the similarity between this and the 612.  IMO, each ferrari model needs to be much more distinct.  This reminds me of the 996/boxster similarities that always bothered me.

BMWDave

QuoteI've been saying I haven't liked Ferrari's styling trend for years. 

Bandwagon starts here.

Eh, I wouldn't quite jump on that band wagon, yet.  I like the 430 and the Enzo.  I don't love this or the 612.  One thing that pisses me off is the similarity between this and the 612.  IMO, each ferrari model needs to be much more distinct.  This reminds me of the 996/boxster similarities that always bothered me.
This car is much more different from the 612 than the Boxster is from the 911 IMO.  Pre facelift 996 911s had an almost exact same nose as a Boxster.  

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

I like the satanist rimz!  :banghead:  

Lebowski

QuoteI've been saying I haven't liked Ferrari's styling trend for years.?

Bandwagon starts here.

This car is much more different from the 612 than the Boxster is from the 911 IMO.  Pre facelift 996 911s had an almost exact same nose as a Boxster.
It was just an example, not meant to be a perfect example.  Point is, it's too similar to the 612.  If I'm paying $200k+ for a car you can at least develop some unique headlamps.

jadewolf123

I think the ass looks oddly like the SC430's rear.
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

BMWDave

Bandwagon starts here.

It was just an example, not meant to be a perfect example.  Point is, it's too similar to the 612.  If I'm paying $200k+ for a car you can at least develop some unique headlamps.
The headlights arent exactly the same.  They are longer and thinner than those of the 612.  The car is far from ugly, but I agree that it is not the most beautiful shape.  I was expecting better.

2007 Honda S2000

CaseyNPham

I actually DO like the F430, Scaglietti, and even the Enzo somewhat. This one, however, looks overdone with too many lines. If this is a pininfarina design, I'd be somewhat disappointed.  
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

autom?vel

QuoteI actually DO like the F430, Scaglietti, and even the Enzo somewhat. This one, however, looks overdone with too many lines. If this is a pininfarina design, I'd be somewhat disappointed.
It is, believe it or not.   :(  
?Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.?
          -  Teddy Roosevelt

Lebowski

Bandwagon starts here.

The headlights arent exactly the same.  They are longer and thinner than those of the 612.  The car is far from ugly, but I agree that it is not the most beautiful shape.  I was expecting better.
Whatever, point is, it looks too much like the 612  :rage:  

CaseyNPham

QuoteI actually DO like the F430, Scaglietti, and even the Enzo somewhat. This one, however, looks overdone with too many lines. If this is a pininfarina design, I'd be somewhat disappointed.
It is, believe it or not.   :(
Uggh. Those tail lights make me wanna break something. So does the beltline. I actually don't like it at all now...
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

ro51092

I LOVE the F430, and the Enzo, and I liked the 575M a lot, but the 612 Scaglietti, and the 599 GTB aren't exactly the best-looking cars in the world. They'r far from ugly, but not "Ferrari" beautiful either.

Fire It Up

It could pass off as a Hyundai.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club