Edmunds publishes predicted trends for 2018

Started by 12,000 RPM, December 30, 2017, 01:39:01 PM

12,000 RPM

I love this kind of shit

https://static.ed.edmunds-media.com/unversioned/img/industry-center/analysis/2018-Industry-Trends.pdf

Obvious points are the market is due to contract and luxury SUVs are taking over everything

But interestingly "electrified"/green cars are set to gain market share and even more interestingly Uber is having an impact on rental sales :popcorn:

Also increasing interest rates shouldn't have too much of an impact. They will probably just stretch the loans out to mortgage lengths

Interesting stuff
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Morris Minor

Interesting stuff - reflects my own sentiment that our next vehicle will be a crossover. But why are they saying EVs are critical to autonomy? ICEs can be autonomous too.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

12,000 RPM

Yea I'm drawing a blank on that connection too.

Looking forward to the current crop of luxury crossovers. Would be nice to swap out the G for something like an F-Pace every now and then.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Raza

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 31, 2017, 03:57:28 PM
Yea I'm drawing a blank on that connection too.

Looking forward to the current crop of luxury crossovers. Would be nice to swap out the G for something like an F-Pace every now and then.

My friend just consolidated his A4 and Accord into a 2016 X1. He seems really happy. I haven't driven in it yet, but I took a look, and I found it quite compelling. He has me looking into them.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.