Built in Detroit Roxor to start at $15,549.

Started by Payman, March 05, 2018, 07:32:51 AM

r0tor

Quote from: Rockraven on August 13, 2018, 04:03:25 PM
RZR generates its power at high rpm. It's not made to be a rock crawler, unlike the Roxor, which has its grunt at a much lower rpm.

The Roxor creates no power at any rpm
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

r0tor

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 13, 2018, 04:01:58 PM
Ten minutes ago, you were ignorant that this is even done. Now, you're an expert on what modifications it takes.

Don't kid yourself; those are far closer to stock than any Jeep doing the same thing.

Yea, if only I hadn't watched it on top gear, diesel Brothers, and various other automotive programming you might be on to something
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

giant_mtb

Quote from: r0tor on August 13, 2018, 04:29:59 PM
The Roxor creates no power at any rpm

Dude it makes 90% the torque of your RX-8 and weighs about the same.  Low end grunt is what you want off road.  That's what the Roxor has.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: r0tor on August 13, 2018, 04:31:19 PM
Yea, if only I hadn't watched it on top gear, diesel Brothers, and various other automotive programming you might be on to something

Your post history tells a different story.

Bottom line is people are rock crawling these, and paying good money to do so. That's all you need to make a business case. You can claim its stupid. That doesn't matter.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

r0tor

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 13, 2018, 04:40:12 PM
Your post history tells a different story.

Bottom line is people are rock crawling these, and paying good money to do so. That's all you need to make a business case. You can claim its stupid. That doesn't matter.

The amount of money spent on rock crawling a razor could just be spent on any number of rock crawling chassis setups with better results... and probably cheaper

People race pintos and chevettes... Doesn't mean its actually a good thing to do

Soup DeVille

Quote from: r0tor on August 13, 2018, 04:49:25 PM
The amount of money spent on rock crawling a razor could just be spent on any number of rock crawling chassis setups with better results... and probably cheaper

People race pintos and chevettes... Doesn't mean its actually a good thing to do

Yeah, you clearly have no idea what these things cost in relation to one another, much less their capabilities out of the box.

Again; in the end it doesn't matter what you think of them; it matters if they'll sell. Half a million units a year and a strong aftermarket support system says they will.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

giant_mtb

Quote from: r0tor on August 13, 2018, 04:49:25 PM

The real question is...why do you care?  You clearly aren't in the market or demographic for these types of vehicles.  Is this 'cause we all rag on Tezluh?

r0tor

LMAO... Leave it in 4Low because it doesn't have enough power

r0tor

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 13, 2018, 04:52:07 PM
Yeah, you clearly have no idea what these things cost in relation to one another, much less their capabilities out of the box.

Again; in the end it doesn't matter what you think of them; it matters if they'll sell. Half a million units a year and a strong aftermarket support system says they will.

You can buy a rock crawler chassis for $4k.  Most rock crawling razors get stripped down completely to the chassis and most if not all major components replaced... But yea, obviously I'm clueless

GM sells hundreds of thousands of shit boxes a year... Big deal again

r0tor

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 13, 2018, 04:53:39 PM
The real question is...why do you care?  You clearly aren't in the market or demographic for these types of vehicles.  Is this 'cause we all rag on Tezluh?

Why do you care that I think anyone who spends close to $20k on one of these shitboxes needs their damn heads examined?

giant_mtb

Quote from: r0tor on August 13, 2018, 04:56:19 PM
LMAO... Leave it in 4Low because it doesn't have enough power

If you're tryin' to bomb around in the sand...yeah...makes sense.  It doesn't have a lot of power for that.  It's not designed for "desert running" like a performance SBS.  Why is this so hard for you to understand. 

I mean, you do know that this thing is only designed/geared to get up to ~45mph, right...?

giant_mtb

Quote from: r0tor on August 13, 2018, 05:03:43 PM
Why do you care that I think anyone who spends close to $20k on one of these shitboxes needs their damn heads examined?

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 13, 2018, 04:53:39 PM
You clearly aren't in the market or demographic for these types of vehicles.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: r0tor on August 13, 2018, 04:59:09 PM
You can buy a rock crawler chassis for $4k.  Most rock crawling razors get stripped down completely to the chassis and most if not all major components replaced... But yea, obviously I'm clueless

GM sells hundreds of thousands of shit boxes a year... Big deal again

1: No, you can't. A tack welded bare cage doesn't count. Let's not even talk about the difference in finished vehicles, which can top 6 figures easily.

2: No, they don't. Check out the stock factory Polaris I already linked. A full-on competition one might,  but we're neither talking about many buyers or typical rigs at that point.

3: Yes, you are. Not only that, you're steadfast in taking pride in your cluelessness.

4: Yes, this all comes down to potential sales as a business proposition. What GM does is irrelevant, as is what you think of the potential buyers.

Soup DeVille

Another thing being missed here is many ATV designated trails have a width limit. Wranglers and other full size vehicles don't fit and aren't allowed.

68_427

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 13, 2018, 06:32:05 AM
If every sports car went to the race track...

Your point is moot and point-less.

A Roxor will just about always be off road because it's not allowed to be on the road.  Ergo, it's a commitment to off roading, and is far cheaper than a new Wrangler.

The only Roxors I've seen were owned by race teams as an alternative to a golf cart.  They were on pavement 100% of the time.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Payman

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 13, 2018, 05:34:57 PM
Another thing being missed here is many ATV designated trails have a width limit. Wranglers and other full size vehicles don't fit and aren't allowed.

This. The old railbed is the main ATV artery here, and regular Wranglers and the like, even a Samurai, wouldn't be allowed. The Roxor with offroad plates is, like any other SBS.

giant_mtb

Quote from: 68_427 on August 13, 2018, 06:58:17 PM
The only Roxors I've seen were owned by race teams as an alternative to a golf cart.  They were on pavement 100% of the time.

Hey, that's fine.  If you wanna spend $19k on a golf cart...go for it.  I'm not gonna get butthurt about it.  :lol:

MX793

Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

giant_mtb

Quote from: MX793 on August 13, 2018, 08:06:54 PM
Needs a locker on at least the rear axle or something.

Agreed.  Saw that front wheel spinning like whaaaaaaat.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Rockraven on August 13, 2018, 07:31:55 PM
This. The old railbed is the main ATV artery here, and regular Wranglers and the like, even a Samurai, wouldn't be allowed. The Roxor with offroad plates is, like any other SBS.

There are two standards in Michigan for trails: 50 inches and 72 inches. The Roxor is 62 inches. Wranglers are 73, but still get ORV trail stickers. Raptors and full size pickups are right out. Most SBSs are exactly 50 inches.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 13, 2018, 08:51:00 PM
There are two standards in Michigan for trails: 50 inches and 72 inches. The Roxor is 62 inches. Wranglers are 73, but still get ORV trail stickers. Raptors and full size pickups are right out. Most SBSs are exactly 50 inches.

Yeah, there are a couple trails in my area that have strict width restrictions.  And by strict, I mean there are big concrete blocks that you have to fit through to continue...and they're on railroad grade, so there's no going around.  Vast majority of the ORV trails around here don't have them, but this section in particular is dual-use for pedestrians and bicycling as well, so they keep it toned down.  The signs indicate that it's dirt bikes or quads/SBSs only...they drop the little Jeep-like symbol on those markers.  A lot of it is probably because, since it's railroad grade through a swampy area, a full-size vehicle has nowhere to go to let another vehicle pass.

Like this.

93JC

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 13, 2018, 06:28:49 PM
This is what a Roxor is for.

<Off-Road Comparison: Mahindra Roxor vs. Willys CJ-2A vid>

For what it's worth the Willys "Go Devil" engine in the CJ-2A was—wait for it—60 hp. About the same as the Mahindra's diesel.

12,000 RPM

In retrospect, it was stupid to make this look like a Wrangler. They should have made it look like a Suzuki Samurai.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Payman

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on August 15, 2018, 06:09:46 AM
In retrospect, it was stupid to make this look like a Wrangler. They should have made it look like a Suzuki Samurai.

? They didn't have license to the Samurai design like they did with the old Jeep.

Soup DeVille

Its built from an old design that was actually a licensed Jeep. They changed it just enough to avoid lawsuits.

giant_mtb

Why, and why...?

93JC

Lol, it wasn't "made to look like a Wrangler": it IS an old Jeep.