The Official C8 Corvette Thread...

Started by Gotta-Qik-C7, April 25, 2018, 07:28:09 PM

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 01, 2019, 01:46:59 PM
But you can wake up in a new Boogotti. :huh:

I had to look up this reference to Ace Hood. Apparently, this guy has so much money that he blacked out from smoking so much weed, and then woke up in a new Bugatti that he doesn't remember purchasing. After such a typical day, he decides to make.his way home, wearing a one hundred thousand dollar watch, to beat his wife/girfriend and kick her out of his house that costs $4200 a month. Then he plays basketball. Cool story, bro.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

I've blacked out on alcohol before.  But weed?  No.  Smoking too much weed means I am HYPER aware of everything around me...I ain't blacking out.  I've even puked once from getting too high (dabs).  In combination with alcohol, though, I can see that happening.  One of the first times I smoked weed was while I was also consuming alcohol...I came to with a pizza box in my hand like fuck yeah, I got pizza.  Walked back to my dorm room and ate the shit out of it.

If I'm already moderately/heavily intoxicated...I know to be careful with weed.  Because it'll put me over the edge and indeed black me out. 

giant_mtb

If you smoke "that much" weed, you don't move.  You get paralyzed in the chair and think about every terrible, petty, stupid thing you've ever done.  And fall asleep.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: GoCougs on August 01, 2019, 12:15:48 PM
Problem is, 99.9% of new cars, even performance cars, are farily terrible, so when something comes along that looks interesting, I can't blame 'em for overdoing it. Plus, I also have to think the major auto mags are getting murdered by YouTube reviewers (rightfully so), so dem clicks.
YUP!

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 01, 2019, 02:07:18 PM
I had to look up this reference to Ace Hood. Apparently, this guy has so much money that he blacked out from smoking so much weed, and then woke up in a new Bugatti that he doesn't remember purchasing. After such a typical day, he decides to make.his way home, wearing a one hundred thousand dollar watch, to beat his wife/girfriend and kick her out of his house that costs $4200 a month. Then he plays basketball. Cool story, bro.
LOL!!!

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 01, 2019, 02:30:14 PM
If you smoke "that much" weed, you don't move.  You get paralyzed in the chair and think about every terrible, petty, stupid thing you've ever done.  And fall asleep.

I actually throw up and fall asleep. Not necessarily in that order.

Laconian

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 01, 2019, 02:30:14 PM
think about every terrible, petty, stupid thing you've ever done. 

:hesaid:

Not pleasant!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on August 01, 2019, 04:31:13 PM
:hesaid:

Not pleasant!

Why you guys have guilty conscience? I play video games, play music, play with dogs, build a fort with my couch cushions, etc.

Laconian

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 01, 2019, 04:33:57 PM
Why you guys have guilty conscience? I play video games, play music, play with dogs, build a fort with my couch cushions, etc.

Don't you wish you felt existential dread instead? You're missing out!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on August 01, 2019, 04:43:14 PM
Don't you wish you felt existential dread instead? You're missing out!

Yeah, maybe I'll give it a try next time.

ChrisV

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 01, 2019, 01:34:23 PM
I've given up on new cars. The C8 isn't even exciting to me because it is unattainable. It might as well be a Boogotti.

I always pay attention to new cars because they BECOME used cars and thus attainable. By already knowing about them I don't have to ask questions before buying them. ;)
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: ChrisV on August 02, 2019, 09:03:45 AM
I always pay attention to new cars because they BECOME used cars and thus attainable. By already knowing about them I don't have to ask questions before buying them. ;)

My used car attainability age is about 15 years and older, so I have plenty of time. Once C8s are going for under $25K, I might start drooling. For now, I will drool over used C5s and Camaro SSsess.

CaminoRacer

I found an online loan company that doesn't have year/mileage limitations so now my car buying options have opened up...
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CaminoRacer on August 02, 2019, 10:24:54 AM
I found an online loan company that doesn't have year/mileage limitations so now my car buying options have opened up...

Please share. I need a loan

https://columbia.craigslist.org/cto/d/columbia-1966-pontiac-gto-for-sale/6946298973.html

CaminoRacer

Also lawl at putting that tiny air cleaner on a 502.

But the 2nd engine picture has a normal sized one. Weird.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CaminoRacer on August 02, 2019, 01:30:59 PM
Also lawl at putting that tiny air cleaner on a 502.

But the 2nd engine picture has a normal sized one. Weird.

Over $100,000 invested! Thousands in multiple sets of air cleaners to suit your mood!

Payman

I was gonna say Lambo kit car owners are watching with interest, but seriously, I wonder if GM will offer the engine/trans package separately? You can buy almost every other powertrain, including Ford's Voodoo and Mopar's Hellcat/Demon/Helliphant Hemis.

NomisR

This would be a perfect car to make into other cars.. :lol:

Payman

Quote from: NomisR on August 10, 2019, 10:55:49 AM
This would be a perfect car to make into other cars.. :lol:

It does seem to make "exotic" kit cars silly and moot. Why invest $60+K in a Factory Five GTM or a terrible Lambo kit when you can just go down to the Chevy store and get something a bajillion times better.

NomisR

Quote from: Rockraven on August 10, 2019, 10:58:52 AM
It does seem to make "exotic" kit cars silly and moot. Why invest $60+K in a Factory Five GTM or a terrible Lambo kit when you can just go down to the Chevy store and get something a bajillion times better.

Only "exotic" kit car that I would want is the BAC Mono.  It's not like my wife ever wants to ride in the Elise anyways, I might as well get a single seater.

Payman

Quote from: NomisR on August 10, 2019, 11:02:13 AM
Only "exotic" kit car that I would want is the BAC Mono.  It's not like my wife ever wants to ride in the Elise anyways, I might as well get a single seater.

Yeah. Now that trikes are legal in Ontario (with a helmet, ugh) I'd like something like a Morgan Trike.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Rockraven on August 10, 2019, 10:58:52 AM
Because...
... you want something different  :huh:
... sports cars are just as much about feelings as they are about numbers :huh:
... in base trim, this thing is kind of ugly :mask:

For someone who wants revs and manual shifts this is a no go, no matter how much it kills in bench racing series. Not to say it's bad but it's not for everyone
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

MrH

I really want an Exocet, bac mono, maybe an Ariel atom. But yeah, no way would I do a factory five car over something like a vette.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

giant_mtb

I saw a super dope, white, C7 ZedOhSix parked on the street last night. And it almost made me sad. But in a good way. FE/RWD Vettes will one day be highly sought after. Not that they aren't now, but you know what I mean.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Raza  on August 11, 2019, 09:40:33 AM
Driver was probably texting because it's an automatic and he had nothing better to do.

:lol:

Payman

Quote from: MrH on August 11, 2019, 09:25:36 AM
I really want an Exocet, bac mono, maybe an Ariel atom. But yeah, no way would I do a factory five car over something like a vette.

Oh, I still want a FFR Cobra. They can be built under $30k, and under 40 with a new 302 and Tremec T5. The GTR would be silly, and it's ugly anyway.

Payman

Quote from: Raza  on August 11, 2019, 09:40:33 AM
Driver was probably texting because it's an automatic and he had nothing better to do.

:clap:

12,000 RPM

Quote from: MrH on August 11, 2019, 09:25:36 AM
I almost feel like this and a kit car are too different to compare. I can't see people genuinely cross shopping them

For my money a V6 RX8 or Miata sounds more interesting... especially the RX8 at like 1/3 the price. But I can't afford a C8 anyway so my opinion is skewed
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs