RX-8

Started by TBR, January 14, 2006, 07:17:36 PM

TBR

Forgot about him.

And, I would be quite happy with a Protege5.  

BRealistic

QuoteBreal has the nicest car on the forum I think, aside from Lebowski, but technically he doesn't have his yet.
Depends on your taste. Both Ron and Dazzle drive pretty nice cars as well.
I agree. It is all a matter of taste. Some would even think Catman's loaded up Seqouia is a nice ride.

(posting from a H.I. Express in Athens GA- I hate traveling for work. But I do feel smarter. :P )

NomisR

QuoteBreal has the nicest car on the forum I think, aside from Lebowski, but technically he doesn't have his yet.
Best Color too!  Winning Blue!   :rockon:  

SJ_GTI

I agree. It is all a matter of taste. Some would even think Catman's loaded up Seqouia is a nice ride.
None of you bitches can match the race-inspired 5 valves per cylinder of my german-bred racing car.  :devil:

:praise:  

NomisR

Valves?  Who needs that??  I get by fine without any!  :lol:  

TBR

None of you bitches can match the race-inspired 5 valves per cylinder of my german-bred racing car.  :devil:

Except Raza ;)

SJ_GTI

Except Raza ;)
His engine is a match, but since his car is FWD/Automatic and mine is AWD/6MT I still win.  :praise:

:devil:  :lol:  

Raza

Except Raza ;)
His engine is a match, but since his car is FWD/Automatic and mine is AWD/6MT I still win.  :praise:

:devil:  :lol:
I'd still beat you in a race to top speed, Mr. AWD-Bleeds-Power-At-High-Speeds.

:P  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Colonel Cadillac

What kind of car does Breal have?

Colonel Cadillac

Doesn't Submariner have a 2001 740i? That's quite a ride too.  

NomisR

QuoteWhat kind of car does Breal have?

It looks the same as this.   :lol:  

mazda6er

To Nomis: :rockon: I assume that's yours?
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BRealistic

QuoteWhat kind of car does Breal have?

It looks the same as this.   :lol:
But mine doesn't have the added weight and aero drag of the rear wing and lower skirts (and vent strakes).  :P

SJ_GTI

QuoteBut mine doesn't have the added weight and aero drag of the rear wing and lower skirts (and vent strakes).  :P
translation: I am a big cheapskate and didn't pony up for any of the cool stuff.

:devil:  

NomisR

But mine doesn't have the added weight and aero drag of the rear wing and lower skirts (and vent strakes).  :P
You're just jealous that mine looks better  :P

What's with the strake hating everywhere anyways?  :nono:  

Raza

I don't dig the aero pack myself.  When I optioned out my RX-8, I didn't add it.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BRealistic

QuoteBut mine doesn't have the added weight and aero drag of the rear wing and lower skirts (and vent strakes).  :P
translation: I am a big cheapskate and didn't pony up for any of the cool stuff.

Is that why you got the entry level 1.8T instead of the V6? ;)

And nothing listed actually makes my car a better at handling, braking, or acceleration. Does everybody have to be about the bling? Some of us enjoy driving more than cruising while playing with our hair......

SJ_GTI

QuoteBut mine doesn't have the added weight and aero drag of the rear wing and lower skirts (and vent strakes).? :P

And nothing listed actually makes my car a better at handling, braking, or acceleration. Does everybody have to be about the bling? Some of us enjoy driving more than cruising while playing with our hair......
Are you trying to insult my hair?!?

Raza

QuoteBut mine doesn't have the added weight and aero drag of the rear wing and lower skirts (and vent strakes).  :P

No, of course not.  We all love your hair:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SJ_GTI

QuoteBut mine doesn't have the added weight and aero drag of the rear wing and lower skirts (and vent strakes).? :P

:lol:  

BRealistic

That's ok. I didn't realize it was a bare topic for you. I am very sorry, and hope you can grow to forgive my scalping comments.

Try this (but use the proper masking tape):

http://www.onlyhairloss.com/glh/

JYODER240

That's ok. I didn't realize it was a bare topic for you. I am very sorry, and hope you can grow to forgive my scalping comments.

Try this (but use the proper masking tape):

http://www.onlyhairloss.com/glh/
Hair in a can!  :rockon:  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

MrH

Neither of you have clear corners?!  I thought everyone who had an RX-8 had those by now.  :lol:

If it were up to me, I'd be rocking clear corners, strakes, stock spoiler, and rotary accents only.  No appearance package for me.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

Wonderful color there, though I wish it was a tad darker.

Also, has anyone else seen a Shinka SE RX-8? I'm normally not a fan of purple cars, but the car looks awesome in that color. Of course I would never buy one, but it still surprised me just how good it looked.

Raza

Yeah, I don't like the Shinka.  

If I were to buy an RX-8 it would be black, without any exterior frills, though eventually I'd probably buy lightweight wheels.  Reducing unsprung weight is always good.  

Increasing power is too.

B)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

NomisR

No clear corners yet, been too lazy to drive down to get it.. and I don't want to order online because it means I have to wait for it.  :P  

The only reason I got it was that it's the only one near the LA area at the time that's Winning Blue with GT package and Navi.. and the more I looked at it.. the more I liked it.. plus I got it for Invoice at the time.  

Never liked that Titanium Grey color though, it's just too plain and common.  Seems to be the most common color too but just doesn't stand out.  I probably would've gotten white if I were to do it again though.

MrH

It makes me sad they got rid of Nordic Green.  What a great color.  
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

mazda6er

QuoteIt makes me sad they got rid of Nordic Green.  What a great color.
Only lumberjacks bought it in that color.  ;)

EDIT: And hippies that forgot about the fuel-efficiency part of hugging trees.  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BRealistic

QuoteYeah, I don't like the Shinka.  

If I were to buy an RX-8 it would be black, without any exterior frills, though eventually I'd probably buy lightweight wheels.  Reducing unsprung weight is always good.  

Increasing power is too.

B)
Honestly, anybody that pays that much more for a trim package only Shinka needs a Shrinka imo.