911 GT3 cabriolet

Started by Galaxy, June 08, 2018, 04:25:16 PM

Char

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 23, 2018, 10:54:04 AM
Is that the same way you clarified "don't be that guy who gets his ass beat in front of his family" isn't a threat?

Denying what you said isn't clarifying, its mealy mouthed horseshit.

Cool, but where am I personally threatening him? Me making a comment about his demeanor being an e tough guy has nothing to do with me physically harming him.
Quote from: 12,000 RPM on July 23, 2018, 11:18:41 AM
We are watching a mind unravel like a ball of yarn. At this point, continuing is going to draw on my karmic balance. It's not a fair fight

It's never been. You've been insufferable since day one, going as far to pretend to ignore me (at the urging of your peers) because you got so hot and bothered over me. I can take a shit on you and everyone here and not think twice about it, and typically (thankfully) most of the conversations don't decend into pissing matches.

You seem to have this desire to one up me, but I'm really not interested. I'm here to talk about cars (and politics when I'm in the mood) I'm not here to prove anything to you.
Quote from: 565 on December 26, 2012, 09:13:44 AM
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.

SVT_Power

Quote from: Char on July 20, 2018, 01:04:03 PM
Don't be that guy who get's his ass beat in front of his family.

And you'd be the guy attacking a dad in front of his infant child, so who wins?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: SVT_Power on July 23, 2018, 05:06:19 PM
My Pops always said "Bet against the biggest mouth!"  :partyon:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

AutobahnSHO

Will

Char

Quote from: SVT_Power on July 23, 2018, 05:06:19 PM
Did I say I would be that guy?
With the way he's talking, he apparently wants someone to do it. 'You won't say that to my face!' :rolleyes:
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Char on July 23, 2018, 10:36:49 PM
Did I say I would be that guy?
With the way he's talking, he apparently wants someone to do it. 'You won't say that to my face!' :rolleyes:

Dude you offered to show up at his house. Quit being a moron.

Char

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 24, 2018, 04:38:52 AM
Dude you offered to show up at his house. Quit being a moron.

When did I do that?

giant_mtb

Quote from: Char on July 24, 2018, 08:46:16 AM
When did I do that?

:confused:

Quote from: Char on July 18, 2018, 04:46:48 AM
And no worries, I'm planning a NC trip to BPC, I'll be happy to say it to your face then. Just let me know.

Char

giant_mtb

Quote from: Char on July 24, 2018, 09:39:07 AM
So where did I say I was going to his house?

Okay, fine, you said you'd be in his area. Doesn't really help your case. :rolleyes:

Char

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 24, 2018, 09:43:03 AM
Okay, fine, you said you'd be in his area. Doesn't really help your case. :rolleyes:

No, I said I would be in NC to go to BPC, and I told him I would say it to his face then. The implication in your statement infers that I'm specifically going to NC to hunt him down and verbally assault him. You know the difference, and we both know that's not true.

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

SVT_Power

With that said, I'd be interested in watching this showdown if it materialized

Although I'm almost certain this will be two guys just calling each other names daring the other person to hit first and it'll just end up being a piss-fest instead of an actual fight  :(
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Char on July 24, 2018, 12:03:03 PM
No, I said I would be in NC to go to BPC, and I told him I would say it to his face then. The implication in your statement infers that I'm specifically going to NC to hunt him down and verbally assault him. You know the difference, and we both know that's not true.

So you're makin' a side trip. To verbally assault him. Then just happened to feel like mentioning "everybody's a tough guy until they get punched in the mouth." That was just a random quip. And "don't be the guy that gets his ass beat in front of his family" was just general, non-specific advice. None of these things were threats at all, just everyday conversation that was misunderstood. I mean, doesn't everyone give out such useful advice from time to time?

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Char

Quote from: MrH on July 24, 2018, 12:05:54 PM
:facepalm:  This is sad.

No, this is embarrassing. You guys jump on a "got ya" moment, only to show how far your willing to reach to imply something that I actually never said. I'm not shy about my feelings, I'm very direct - no need for me to dance around this bush. But I won't let anyone put words in my mouth.

Quote from: SVT_Power on July 24, 2018, 12:12:54 PM
With that said, I'd be interested in watching this showdown if it materialized

Although I'm almost certain this will be two guys just calling each other names daring the other person to hit first and it'll just end up being a piss-fest instead of an actual fight  :(

Probably.

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 24, 2018, 12:16:39 PM
So you're makin' a side trip. To verbally assault him. Then just happened to feel like mentioning "everybody's a tough guy until they get punched in the mouth." That was just a random quip. And "don't be the guy that gets his ass beat in front of his family" was just general, non-specific advice. None of these things were threats at all, just everyday conversation that was misunderstood. I mean, doesn't everyone give out such useful advice from time to time?

I'm making a trip to NC to do X - This shows I'm not there for him, I'm not driving 600 miles to tell a guy to go fuck himself.
Everyone is a tough guy until they get punched in the mouth - a statement I attributed to Mike Tyson, and then I NEVER stated that I would assault him in any way.
He then proceeds to keep talking trash, as if he's a hardass from behind his computer monitor.

don't be the guy that gets his ass beat in front of his family - General statement, again nothing in this statement alludes to ME saying I would beat his ass.

Not to mention 3 posts later I chastised him for actually trying to pick a fight with me over the internet. Make no mistake, I'll call him a bitch to his face, and I would say it to you - because you won't do a damn thing about it.

Lebowski

Those general statements taken together are pretty specific.

I wouldn't exactly call it "threats" per say but it's clearly internet/keyboard tough guy talk and the implications were pretty clear (ie that you would drive down and say it to it's face, and that may result in his getting punched in the face and beat up in front of his family). That you had other reasons to be in the area is irrelevant. 

Don't worry though, nobody actually took you seriously.  You lost control and said something stupid that makes you appear stupid, angry, and not in control of your emotions. Own it and move on.

CaminoRacer

Kinda sounds like you're backing off now. Did you look up Sporty on Facebook and get scared?
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Char

Quote from: CaminoRacer on July 24, 2018, 01:35:27 PM
Kinda sounds like you're backing off now. Did you look up Sporty on Facebook and get scared?

Never seen him, and wouldn't be afraid of him.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Char on July 24, 2018, 12:52:55 PM
No, this is embarrassing. You guys jump on a "got ya" moment, only to show how far your willing to reach to imply something that I actually never said. I'm not shy about my feelings, I'm very direct - no need for me to dance around this bush. But I won't let anyone put words in my mouth.

Probably.

I'm making a trip to NC to do X - This shows I'm not there for him, I'm not driving 600 miles to tell a guy to go fuck himself.
Everyone is a tough guy until they get punched in the mouth - a statement I attributed to Mike Tyson, and then I NEVER stated that I would assault him in any way.
He then proceeds to keep talking trash, as if he's a hardass from behind his computer monitor.

don't be the guy that gets his ass beat in front of his family - General statement, again nothing in this statement alludes to ME saying I would beat his ass.

Not to mention 3 posts later I chastised him for actually trying to pick a fight with me over the internet. Make no mistake, I'll call him a bitch to his face, and I would say it to you - because you won't do a damn thing about it.

Wow, way to prove you're not a pathetic internet tough guy who makes threats- by threatening and taunting yet another person.

Is there an equivalent to the Dunning-Kruger effect in social skills?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

SJ_GTI

I feel like now is the appropriate time to mention that my VW Golf:

1. Has a better engine than Char's 3-series
2. Handles better than Char's 3-series
3. Has a more practical interior than Char's 3-series
4. Is less expensive to own and operate than Char's 3-series
5. And most importantly looks way, way better than Char's 3-series.

Also I think it is worth noting that my dad can beat up his dad.

giant_mtb

Quote from: SJ_GTI on July 24, 2018, 02:38:31 PM

You're stupid and have shit taste. Only idiots buy Golfs.  :rolleyes:

Also, I'm gonna get super defensive when you make personal comments back to me.

Lebowski

You trying to get yourself punched in the face?

FoMoJo

Your mother wears army boots; and Char can beat her up.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

AutobahnSHO

Yeah but only turds drive VWs. Lame stinky turds don't even Dyno their cars.
Will

AutobahnSHO

Will

Char

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 24, 2018, 02:18:52 PM
Wow, way to prove you're not a pathetic internet tough guy who makes threats- by threatening and taunting yet another person.

Is there an equivalent to the Dunning-Kruger effect in social skills?

I call it how I see it.  :huh:
Feel free to put me on ignore, I don't think you add anything to this forum.

It's also VW - so minus 15 points.
Quote from: AutobahnSHO on July 24, 2018, 08:30:37 PM
Yeah but only turds drive VWs. Lame stinky turds don't even Dyno their cars.

Soyboys.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Char on July 24, 2018, 09:15:03 PM
I call it how I see it.  :huh:
Feel free to put me on ignore, I don't think you add anything to this forum.
It's also VW - so minus 15 points.
Soyboys.

Well, if its worth anything, I find you endlessly amusing. I have no intention of putting you on ignore.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 24, 2018, 09:18:18 PM
Well, if its worth anything, I find you endlessly amusing. I have no intention of putting you on ignore.

:thumbsup:
Will

Galaxy

What happened to my thread?

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs