Started by CWW, January 15, 2006, 12:22:45 PM

CWW

Here is my Lotus conversion:

Original:

<< Lotus Europa CWW Edition >>

Greetings
Andr

TBR

Hate to say it, but that is hideous. Far worse than the original imho.

footoflead

QuoteHate to say it, but that is hideous. Far worse than the original imho.
No offense but i agree with TBR on this one...

i respect your work greatly, most is just amazing...but this just isnt

Keep 'em comin :wave:  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Raza

I hate to say it as well, Andre, but I like the original better.  Although I do like your Europa as well, I think it might have been good as a different model in the Lotus lineup.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CWW

Well, I hate not to say that all actual Lotus cars are really really ugly. The Europa is one of the worst designed sport cars, but ways better than the Elise, which looks like a kit car... So it isn't my taste. Just tried to make it look a bit better (for a contest). Now it looks a lot more seriously, elegant, the lines make sense. It's a powerfull sports car. Perhaps I should rebrand it. Mazda, Kia, or a little Chevrolet?

Catman

QuoteWell, I hate not to say that all actual Lotus cars are really really ugly. The Europa is one of the worst designed sport cars, but ways better than the Elise, which looks like a kit car... So it isn't my taste. Just tried to make it look a bit better (for a contest). Now it looks a lot more seriously, elegant, the lines make sense. It's a powerfull sports car. Perhaps I should rebrand it. Mazda, Kia, or a little Chevrolet?
I agree.  Lotus needs a new styling chief.

BRealistic

Colin Chapman wasn't concerned with making styling statements, but with making the lightest sports cars he could make.

El Barto

QuoteWell, I hate not to say that all actual Lotus cars are really really ugly. The Europa is one of the worst designed sport cars, but ways better than the Elise, which looks like a kit car... So it isn't my taste. Just tried to make it look a bit better (for a contest). Now it looks a lot more seriously, elegant, the lines make sense. It's a powerfull sports car. Perhaps I should rebrand it. Mazda, Kia, or a little Chevrolet?
Kia?  Its not that ugly.

I have to agree with Raza, FOL, and TBR, I dont really like it.  You did a good job on it, but I just dont like this one.
2016 Volkswagen GTI (Aug 2015 - Present)
2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg (Aug 2011 - Aug 2015)
2003 Saab 9-3 2.0t (Oct 2007 - Aug 2011)
1990 Nissan Maxima SE (July 2003 - Oct 2007)

Secret Chimp

What in the hell did you do to that thing?

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

mazda6er

Well Andre, at least you know we honestly liked your other chops, because apparently no one's going to sugar-coat their comments! :P

--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raza

I really do love the current Lotus cars, and those from the past as well.  I think this Europa looks great.  

Though, the Elise could look like an Aztek, and if it still drove the way it does, I would still love it.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BRealistic

I say take the swoop out of the rear roof line and make it more like the original.