Next C Class

Started by BMWDave, May 18, 2005, 01:09:08 PM

BMWDave

Not sure if this is anywhere near close, but it does look good.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

mazda6er

I like it. The current one is starting to look a little tired. Let's hope the price is right.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BMWDave

QuoteI like it. The current one is starting to look a little tired. Let's hope the price is right.
I think if they make that car or something that looks like it they have a winner.  I really like the styling on this thing.

2007 Honda S2000

Fire It Up

The headlights look like theyre from the ES.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

BMWDave

QuoteThe headlights look like theyre from the ES.
not really

These headlights are blockier.

2007 Honda S2000

SJ_GTI

Looks really good IMHO.

Fire It Up

The headlights still suck. :angry: Has Bangle sabotaged MB?  

TBR

It's alright, but I prefer the current car (which is now my 2nd or 3rd entry level sports sedan pick).

TurboDan

Nice freshening of the C.  I wonder if they'll keep selling the coupe.

Fire It Up

QuoteNice freshening of the C.  I wonder if they'll keep selling the coupe.
Probably not, unless it sells well, which I think it does not.

Fire It Up

QuoteNice freshening of the C.  I wonder if they'll keep selling the coupe.
Oh, wait, I think its already dead. The MB website doesnt have it.

ifcar

It's hard to tell from this angle, but it looks like the roofline suffers from the same rear shape as the Pontiac G6. Both are far too flowing near the back.  

Fire It Up

QuoteIt's hard to tell from this angle, but it looks like the roofline suffers from the same rear shape as the Pontiac G6. Both are far too flowing near the back.
UH, can you explain that one?

ifcar

QuoteIt's hard to tell from this angle, but it looks like the roofline suffers from the same rear shape as the Pontiac G6. Both are far too flowing near the back.
It's really difficult to explain somehow. I'd prefer a steeper-raked rear roofline, and both the G6 and this C-Class don't have that.  

Fire It Up

It's really difficult to explain somehow. I'd prefer a steeper-raked rear roofline, and both the G6 and this C-Class don't have that.
So, you dont like this car's CLS-like roodline?

ifcar

The CLS is a flowing design overall, from the front to back. The C-Class and G6 just have that design as part of the roofline.  

Fire It Up

The CLS is a flowing design overall, from the front to back. The C-Class and G6 just have that design as part of the roofline.
This car is pretty flooowwwy.  

ifcar

It looks disturbingly like the G6, just with a Mercedes front end pasted on.  

Fire It Up

The mirrors, wheels, doorhandles, and basically the entire side looks very Mercedesish.

ifcar

I don't know if anyone else will see a similarity, but the two cars are too close for my liking:

Fire It Up

Theyre not THAT similar...

ifcar

QuoteTheyre not THAT similar...
Rooflines are very close, though.  

ifcar

BTW, here's a more-attractive chop:

BMWDave

QuoteNice freshening of the C.  I wonder if they'll keep selling the coupe.
If they make it a coupe, and not a hatch, it should sell ok.  It should be priced below the CLK so there is no competition.

2007 Honda S2000

850CSi

Strange, I don't see it at all...

850CSi

QuoteBTW, here's a more-attractive chop:

That one's front end is wierd, and it looks WAAAAAAY too much like a Peugeot 607:

BMWDave

That one's front end is wierd, and it looks WAAAAAAY too much like a Peugeot 607:

Yea, I also like the first chop better.  

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Yea, I also like the first chop better.
The second chop looks more like a smaller E-Class than a squashed-down CLS or a Pontiac G6.  

Fire It Up

BLeh.  

BMWDave

BLeh.
The front looks a lot like an R Class.

2007 Honda S2000