Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

12,000 RPM

I'm most impressed with how this thing deals with fuel. 2.0T probably gets the same gas mileage as the 1.5T while being orders of magnitude faster. Hybrid is appreciably faster than the 1.5T while getting significantly better gas mileage. 1.5T is not bad but if I couldn't afford the Hybrid or 2.0T I'd just get the turbo Civic. Everyone I know who has bought one of these got the 2.0T.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

MrH

Sporty. Join the accord crew again. I know you want to.

Yeah, the mix of power, gas mileage, and space is pretty incredible. I think I'm averaging 31 mpg, and that's mostly bumper to bumper highway traffic with speeds from 0-90 mph. The 2.0t and 10-speed is actually a great combo. I'd avoid the 1.5 just so you don't have to deal with the cvt.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

CaminoRacer

sporty you should get a '97 Accord and do a 2.0T + 10 speed swap.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

12,000 RPM

Hahahahahaha

The fucked up part is I think they use K-series mounts. There are kits

But nah. Just gonna slap some Tein coilovers and some 20s on and call it a day. Just need to clean up this year's mess. Hopefully sales continue to tank making deals more tasty but interest rates don't spike.

r0tor

Congrats on the car.

I'm not having any dealer issues though.  I e-mailed 3 different dealers in the last day and got pretty damn good pricing back within a few hours.  This is actually sort of fun playing them off each other.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FoMoJo

Quote from: r0tor on September 08, 2018, 08:37:12 AM
Congrats on the car.

I'm not having any dealer issues though.  I e-mailed 3 different dealers in the last day and got pretty damn good pricing back within a few hours.  This is actually sort of fun playing them off each other.
What make/model are you looking at?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

Morris Minor

Quote from: MrH on September 07, 2018, 06:35:01 PM
Sporty. Join the accord crew again. I know you want to.

Yeah, the mix of power, gas mileage, and space is pretty incredible. I think I'm averaging 31 mpg, and that's mostly bumper to bumper highway traffic with speeds from 0-90 mph. The 2.0t and 10-speed is actually a great combo. I'd avoid the 1.5 just so you don't have to deal with the cvt.

Congrats. I think you have hit Apex Mainstream Sedan, in terms of capability & value. When I bought the CR-V in January the dealer's lot was stuffed with wonderful Civics & Accords. But it's the CUVs that fly out of the door.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

MrH

Quote from: r0tor on September 08, 2018, 10:33:38 AM
Secret  :mask:

CRV! CRV! CRV!

For maximum forum hilarity, I will also accept a Model 3 with a multitude of quality issues. Either one will work :lol:
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

MrH

Quote from: Morris Minor on September 08, 2018, 10:55:28 AM
Congrats. I think you have hit Apex Mainstream Sedan, in terms of capability & value. When I bought the CR-V in January the dealer's lot was stuffed with wonderful Civics & Accords. But it's the CUVs that fly out of the door.

I know SUVs are all the rage, but I couldn't pass up $4600 off MSRP and above KBB trade in on the 4Runner.

The value proposition is wild with this car. 5.5 0-60 and a 14.4 quarter mile, 32 mpg, class leading back seat size, great dynamics, and a plush, quiet ride for under $28k.

Apparently they dropped quite a bit of weight from the previous gen. The only places it really shows: the roof sounds like a tin can in the rain. The trunk lid is really light and also sounds like cheap. That's about it.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Laconian

Quote from: Morris Minor on September 08, 2018, 10:55:28 AM
it's the CUVs that fly out of the door.

Boomers with aching hips and flagging confidence levels. Lizard brain says I gotta sit high!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

FoMoJo

Quote from: Laconian on September 08, 2018, 11:41:56 AM
Boomers with aching hips and flagging confidence levels. Lizard brain says I gotta sit high!
Just you wait, those days are just down the road for you.  When you reach the point of buying loafers because it hurts to bend down and tie your shoelaces, then you're gonna want an SUV.  Lizard brain my ass :fogey:

Morris Minor

Quote from: Laconian on September 08, 2018, 11:41:56 AM
The utility of the cargo space is *really* handy - we ferry a lot of bulky stuff around, but point taken, the thing sits high - I have to use a step stool to be able to wash the roof. Side-by-side it towers over the G37... which is unsurprisingly more fun to drive on open roads.
When the time comes to replace the G - an Accord will be a front contender.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

JWC

Quote from: MX793 on August 21, 2018, 04:21:39 PM
If you really want to throw a salesperson for a loop, try to keep the discussion to OTD price instead of monthly payment.  And/or tell them you're not financing.

I didn't finance through the dealership (had my money ready through USAA), but didn't have any problem. The F&I manager told me he could get me a better rate....until I told him my deal with USAA. "I guess not," he said. He finished the paperwork, I signed and waited for my wife and daughter to come pick up the Focus and take it home.

I was so impressed with the changes in the this buying experience, that I considered trying to get on as a rep at the Honda dealer. The other dealer, one who had a used Crosstour EXL with 65K miles and almost the same money as the new C/T EX with 65 miles, didn't respond as quickly as I thought they should....but their sale department works just as it did for decades. The Honda dealer that I bought from had a sale representative---I hesitate to call them salespeople. He quoted me nada....he showed me the car, we road tested it, I told him I had financing, he walked into the F&I booth. I watched him talk to the men in there. He walked back to me with a quote that was so low I couldn't find an opening to go any lower.

It was easier making this purchase than anytime before----and I worked at the dealerships I bought from previously.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: FoMoJo on September 08, 2018, 09:00:57 AM
What make/model are you looking at?

Quote from: r0tor on September 08, 2018, 10:33:38 AM
Secret  :mask:

Is it really a secret though? I think we all know you are buying a Subaru Outback with a trail rated CVT.

MexicoCityM3

In the latest C/D lightning lap your Accord was faster than.....

BRZ
15' GTI
ND Miata
06' Mustang GT (lol)
08' R32

Another reason to love it.
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)

12,000 RPM

It's almost unfair to compare lap times between cars decades apart.... the tires Duke, the tires!

The Accord holds its own though for sure. Its looks are growing on me too.

r0tor

Plus the actual course changed a few years ago which cut off a few seconds

MrH

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on September 20, 2018, 09:21:43 PM
In the latest C/D lightning lap your Accord was faster than.....

BRZ
15' GTI
ND Miata
06' Mustang GT (lol)
08' R32

Another reason to love it.
Quote from: 12,000 RPM on September 21, 2018, 05:57:33 AM
It's almost unfair to compare lap times between cars decades apart.... the tires Duke, the tires!

The Accord holds its own though for sure. Its looks are growing on me too.

The more I drive it, the less I'm surprised by this.  I'm sure it would turn a much, much better time than my old Genesis R-Spec too, despite being down 177 horsepower.

It's not even tires.  Tires on this car kind of suck.  It's chassis composure, how wide the power band is, and the ability to put it down efficiently.  The 10-speed is much better than Hyundai's 8-speed in the Genesis.  Faster shifts, less lag in deciding what to do, much quicker torque converter lock up.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

giant_mtb

Those Honda V6s sure are nice.  I enjoy when I get to drive one.

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: giant_mtb on September 21, 2018, 08:31:56 AM
Those Honda V6s sure are nice.  I enjoy when I get to drive one.

Hmm. This is a 2.0T.
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)

CaminoRacer

How's the 2.0T compare to a Honda V6?
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

FoMoJo

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on September 21, 2018, 08:32:33 AM
Hmm. This is a 2.0T.
2.0Ts are surprisingly competent, when paired with a 9 or 10 speed transmission.  Great response when you need it and amazing fuel economy when you can keep it just below the boost stage; which, it seems, they try to do.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: CaminoRacer on September 21, 2018, 09:52:30 AM
How's the 2.0T compare to a Honda V6?
2.0T makes like 100 more lb-ft at the wheels below 3K. Combine that with the 10AT and it has to be transformative.

My G's engine had a similar powerband to the J35's and while the low gears were decently aggressive sometimes it could be flat footed at low revs. I feel like on the street the Accord should always have ample thrust.

MrH

Yeah, this 2.0T is way better than any V6 Accord I've driven.  Much quicker.  It's actually better in auto mode than using the paddles too.  If you're driving along and decide to give it more gas, the computer can determine how many gears to drop, and then execute way faster than if you try to click the paddle 4 times and wait for the transmission to execute each downshift.

Jumping multiple gears at a time is something you can't really replicate with a paddle setup.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Laconian

Quote from: r0tor on September 21, 2018, 06:30:17 AM
Plus the actual course changed a few years ago which cut off a few seconds

WTF, they should reset the leaderboard, then. :facepalm:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Laconian on September 21, 2018, 02:56:54 PM
WTF, they should reset the leaderboard, then. :facepalm:
They wrote an article where they basically said "tough shit, we're not changing the times"

I think they could have estimated the new lap times though.