No Garage

Started by Eye of the Tiger, December 07, 2018, 11:51:28 AM

Eye of the Tiger

I have an appt. with my real estate attorney that I have on retainer. By that I mean I looked up real estate attorneys on google maps, picked the first one with a good sounding name, and called for an appointment. We will go over the contract for the sale of my house, drink some beers and shoot the shit @ $200/hour. This is sers biznss. I might actually do it.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Eye of the Tiger

By far, my biggest worry with moving into a camper is how my dogs will handle it. The camper and campsite that I pick will have dogs as the #1 priority.

Submariner

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 25, 2019, 09:55:37 PM
If I understand it correctly, this Winnebago Lesharo is on a Renault Trafic chassis, FWD, 2.2L gasoline I4, 3 speed automatic, about 6000# wet and loaded. Can it go on a highway?

https://columbia.craigslist.org/rvs/d/greenwood-minnie-winniele-sharo/6827338530.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KaszrvqK4M&t=328s
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Submariner on February 26, 2019, 03:38:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KaszrvqK4M&t=328s

Son I am disapoint ...
I expected the standard Motor Week 1/4 mile acceleration, braking, slalom, and emergency lane change.

Submariner

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 26, 2019, 04:43:26 PM
Son I am disapoint ...
I expected the standard Motor Week 1/4 mile acceleration, braking, slalom, and emergency lane change.

Honestly I was hoping for a 0-60 time too: 2.0 diesel, 3-speed auto, 6000lb campervan...

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Submariner on February 26, 2019, 05:05:21 PM
Honestly I was hoping for a 0-60 time too: 2.0 diesel, 3-speed auto, 6000lb campervan...

I think that one was a 4 speed manual

Submariner

Eye of the Tiger

I got my real estate attorney working on addendums to the sale contract. This is happen.

This is the camper I want
http://www.forestriverinc.com/product-details.aspx?LineID=91&Image=5035&ShowParent=1&ModelID=822#Main
But it's like $16K.

BimmerM3

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 28, 2019, 02:37:37 PM
I got my real estate attorney working on addendums to the sale contract. This is happen.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/product-details.aspx?LineID=91&Image=5035&ShowParent=1&ModelID=822#Main
But it's like $16K.

I know there are limited places to locate a bathroom in these things, but I don't think I'd want it between my two living areas. Seems like a good way to stink up the whole trailer instead of just half of it.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: BimmerM3 on February 28, 2019, 03:02:49 PM
I know there are limited places to locate a bathroom in these things, but I don't think I'd want it between my two living areas. Seems like a good way to stink up the whole trailer instead of just half of it.

Yeah, but this layout makes the bathroom yoooge compared to most other floorplans. Plus it has vented doors and a giant exhaust fan in the batroom ceiling.

BimmerM3

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 28, 2019, 03:10:11 PM
Yeah, but this layout makes the bathroom yoooge compared to most other floorplans. Plus it has vented doors and a giant exhaust fan in the batroom ceiling.

I did notice that. I can see how it'd be worth the trade off since you'd be living in it full time.

Eye of the Tiger

And I can leave the bathroom doors open to let the dogs run back and forth, the full length of the trailer. :lol:

Soup DeVille

Quote from: BimmerM3 on February 28, 2019, 03:02:49 PM

No, you stink up the whole trailer, or you don't, regardless of where the bathroom is.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Somebody wants to dump a Pontiac Vibe on me. I could bite, but I'd rather sell Ranger first.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 28, 2019, 02:37:37 PM

But it's like $16K.

That's nice.  I could definitely live in that.  Has many wards.  :rockon:

Eye of the Tiger

It doesn't have any slideouts, but the long tunnel floorplan seems roomy, and slides are more weight and complexity.

MrH

So you're officially selling your house and moving onto LAND in a trailer?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

RomanChariot

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 28, 2019, 03:10:11 PM

I agree. Bathrooms in trailers are usually tiny. This one is much more usable. It wouldn't be ideal for a family but it is a good layout for a single person or a couple.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: MrH on March 01, 2019, 09:56:47 AM
So you're officially selling your house and moving onto LAND in a trailer?

House sale is only in the beginning stages.

Eye of the Tiger

If these so-called real estate investors don't follow through with their offer, I will be putting my house on the market for $10K more.

Eye of the Tiger

I'z gonna make a CUSTOM gauge panel for a transmission temp gauge, and a boat tachometer. While I'z at it, I'z gonna fix the fuel gauge, put matching amber LED bulbs in all instruments, and run all instrument lights to one switch than can cut them on and off independently of the headlights.

Eye of the Tiger

House contract negotiation is in progress. Proposed closing in June.

Eye of the Tiger

I just had a brilliant idea to solve the 700R4's early/soft shifting related to TV cable adjustment. I'll be crimping a stop on the cable it to keep a slight residual tension at all times. This is not how you get the best eM Pee Geez.

Eye of the Tiger

I was just thinking that I should sell GMC and Ranger, then trade Fiesta for a later model 1-ton pickup that can actually tow something, and just keep Dakota for a daily/beeter. Maybe I was thinking clearly today, or maybe not.

Eye of the Tiger

FoMoJo

Dogs each get a bed :ohyeah:.

Where's the TV?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 08, 2019, 07:39:12 PM
Dogs each get a bed :ohyeah:.

Where's the TV?

Yeah, and I get the top bunk. :rockon:
Modifications will have to be made. The queen bed has a TV mount, and there is a TV mount between the dinette and bunks. TV isn't the priority, though. The dinette will have to double as a computer desk. The computer can be mounted on the wall, and the dual monitors can be mounted on swing arms. Wall mounting stuff should be easy since this is a wooden frame model. I will require four wall mounted guitar hangers, and my 10/4 bass amp will need a home. The big bass amps will have to go in storage until I play a show.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: RomanChariot on March 11, 2019, 10:32:31 AM
I really like that floor plan.

I just went to the RV dealer and looked at a ton of different ones, including that one. I think that is my #1 choice, but I would remove the chintzy dinette and build a solid computer desk with swing away monitors so it can also be a bar/dinette.

Virtually none of the travel trailers had desk space, so the dinettes would have to be sacrificed in any case.

Eye of the Tiger

This is basically the tow vehicle that I want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCnGyyLhIpE

but it's not very practical