No Garage

Started by Eye of the Tiger, December 07, 2018, 11:51:28 AM

Soup DeVille

Man, there's something about early '90s women's hip hop fashions that makes my dangly bits all tingly.

I think its the hats.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Laconian

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 05, 2019, 09:01:29 PM
Sorry, it was so awful I played it twice.

It's just shockingly bad. Pro tip: if you play it on Spotify or a dedicated music streaming service, you really get the nice bass BOOM. Nick, do it
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on April 05, 2019, 10:13:25 PM
It's just shockingly bad. Pro tip: if you play it on Spotify or a dedicated music streaming service, you really get the nice bass BOOM. Nick, do it

But I don't wanna :cry:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Eye of the Tiger

mint 88 burban 2500 454, bidding only at $1200 so far

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-gmc-suburban/

ineed

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 06, 2019, 08:58:18 AM
I'll be watching this one.

I'm guessing it'll sell for $6501.

Soup DeVille

giant_mtb

I'd love to add a sub to Taco. But space is limited and valuable. Tools and gear are more important than boombooms.  Though I would like to upgrayed the door speakers, perhaps this summer.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 06, 2019, 09:45:05 AM
I'd love to add a sub to Taco. But space is limited and valuable. Tools and gear are more important than boombooms.  Though I would like to upgrayed the door speakers, perhaps this summer.

Is there room for an amp? Some good amplified 6.5s might be a good enough upgrade
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 06, 2019, 09:45:05 AM

Hey brah, space is limited and valuable in single cab Dakotas, too. I put the tire changing tools in a plastic tote in the bed. The sub tube mounted perfectly where the jack used to be.

Now the headunit is the biggest upgrayyed to the sound here. It has lots of EQ bands and individually adjustable high and low pass filters for front, back, and sub. Without that, it would sound like a boomy pile of mud.

giant_mtb

Quote from: CaminoRacer on April 06, 2019, 10:39:24 AM
Is there room for an amp? Some good amplified 6.5s might be a good enough upgrade

Not really, but I could put one somewhere (under the seat, in the center console) if I felt like sacrificing the space. Not a bad compromise. But I'll probably just start with the speakers themselves and see how it sounds.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 06, 2019, 11:01:37 AM
Hey brah, space is limited and valuable in single cab Dakotas, too. I put the tire changing tools in a plastic tote in the bed. The sub tube mounted perfectly where the jack used to be.

Now the headunit is the biggest upgrayyed to the sound here. It has lots of EQ bands and individually adjustable high and low pass filters for front, back, and sub. Without that, it would sound like a boomy pile of mud.

Yeah, but I don't have the "luxury" of a single cab. My backseat area is precious, especially for anything that needs to be hard mounted, as the rear seats fold around and all that kinda shit. There's really no permanently available real estate besides under the seat, so the only viable option would be one of those slim underseat subs...which I guess isn't a terrible idear.  I don't keep anything under the passenger seat.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 06, 2019, 12:52:33 PM
Not really, but I could put one somewhere (under the seat, in the center console) if I felt like sacrificing the space. Not a bad compromise. But I'll probably just start with the speakers themselves and see how it sounds.

A powered under seat subwoofer is a perfect space efficient solution. Mang, I wanna go boom boom around in my truck now.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 06, 2019, 12:56:35 PM
Yeah, but I don't have the "luxury" of a single cab. My backseat area is precious, especially for anything that needs to be hard mounted, as the rear seats fold around and all that kinda shit. There's really no permanently available real estate besides under the seat, so the only viable option would be one of those slim underseat subs...which I guess isn't a terrible idear.  I don't keep anything under the passenger seat.

u just said wat i said

MrH

Quote from: Laconian on April 05, 2019, 07:37:07 PM
sorry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaeNelsAOGo

I made a music video to that song for high school or middle school.  I can't even remember what class it was for.  All I remember is my job was to play up multiple model cars with firecrackers.  This entire idea sounds crazy for a school project now.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

CaminoRacer

Quote from: MrH on April 07, 2019, 03:46:19 PM
I made a music video to that song for high school or middle school.  I can't even remember what class it was for.  All I remember is my job was to play up multiple model cars with firecrackers.  This entire idea sounds crazy for a school project now.

Lol I made a WW2 video for my AP US class after the test. I printed off a pic of Justin Bieber, drew a Hitler stache on him, and had him read a speech to toy soldiers. Then we built a city out of Lego type things and blew it up with firecrackers. That was it. Our teacher just facepalmed :lol:

shp4man

Quote from: CaminoRacer on April 07, 2019, 03:55:26 PM
Lol I made a WW2 video for my AP US class after the test. I printed off a pic of Justin Bieber, drew a Hitler stache on him, and had him read a speech to toy soldiers. Then we built a city out of Lego type things and blew it up with firecrackers. That was it. Our teacher just facepalmed :lol:

I guess it was a long time ago.
My dad was in the Pacific, 5th Air Force, New Guinea. he used to tell me stories. One night, the Japs did a banzai charge on the airbase. He came out of his tent in his underwear with his .45 pistol. Said the first shot stopped the Jap's forward motion. The second shot moved him backwards and dropped him.
True story.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: MrH on April 07, 2019, 03:46:19 PM

Did you have to go to Indiana to get firecrackers?

MrH

Quote from: CaminoRacer on April 07, 2019, 03:55:26 PM

Wow.  You're young enough that Justin Bieber made an appearance in your terrible school music video projects.  Makes me feel old.

I can't imagine those kind of assignments now.  Kids could just film on an iPhone, and edit the whole thing on their computer in a couple of hours.  Back when I was in school, I had to hook up a VCR to my family's desktop.  Edit it in some horrible software, and then export out.  I think the export took over 24 hours and crashed like 3 or 4 times in the process.  It was so difficult.

Our other music video for German class was Die Sonne by Rammstein for German class.  It was something about the sun coming up.  Naturally, we made it into a vampire murder video.

Quote from: CaminoRacer on April 07, 2019, 08:33:43 PM
Did you have to go to Indiana to get firecrackers?

I think my friend got them from Indiana actually.  That's where the good stuff is. 
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Submariner

Quote from: MrH on April 07, 2019, 08:44:43 PM
Wow.  You're young enough that Justin Bieber made an appearance in your terrible school music video projects.  Makes me feel old.

I can't imagine those kind of assignments now.  Kids could just film on an iPhone, and edit the whole thing on their computer in a couple of hours.  Back when I was in school, I had to hook up a VCR to my family's desktop.  Edit it in some horrible software, and then export out.  I think the export took over 24 hours and crashed like 3 or 4 times in the process.  It was so difficult.

Our other music video for German class was Die Sonne by Rammstein for German class.  It was something about the sun coming up.  Naturally, we made it into a vampire murder video.

I think my friend got them from Indiana actually.  That's where the good stuff is. 

I remember doing a project on a Sony DV can and Sony Viao...I think I had a freeware video editing software too.  What dark, dreary days those were.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

93JC

Edit in software? Shit, when I had those kinds of assignments we had to do it all in camera.

BimmerM3

To be fair, while not everyone had access to it, reasonably affordable, better technology definitely existed when you and I were in high school.

Laconian

Kids can take classes in 3D modeling these days! Lucky punks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiARsQSlzDc
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Soup DeVille

Eye of the Tiger

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 08, 2019, 01:32:46 PM
Are you Captain78?

No. I won't even try to bid until its less than a day.

Eye of the Tiger

So I was kind of drunk, and apparently I ordered a throttle body spacer for the Dakota from Amazon. Yep, definitely blaming this on alcohol.

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger