No Garage

Started by Eye of the Tiger, December 07, 2018, 11:51:28 AM

FoMoJo

Quote from: Submariner on April 03, 2020, 05:47:33 PM
Why is there rug in the bathroom?  What a filthy, horrifying concept.
Are they peeing on the carpet?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: shp4man on April 03, 2020, 04:55:30 PM
This one's got your name written all over it. '75 Winnebago, OEM paint, 45K miles, Chrysler 440. Take it for $2K i bet.  :lol:

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/d/san-diego-1975-rv-winnebago-brave-clean/7101373267.html

I would turn that into a space ship.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 03, 2020, 08:10:37 PM
Are they peeing on the carpet?

Almost certainly there have been incidents in the last 40 years.

The reason older RVs are usually carpeted everywhere is that there simply weren't materials and adhesives for other floors that would deal with the freezing in the winter, baking in the summer, and overall chassis flex that RVs subjected them to- other than just plain rubber that is (which might have been better, but didn't sell).
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FoMoJo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 04, 2020, 08:45:37 AM
Almost certainly there have been incidents in the last 40 years.

The reason older RVs are usually carpeted everywhere is that there simply weren't materials and adhesives for other floors that would deal with the freezing in the winter, baking in the summer, and overall chassis flex that RVs subjected them to- other than just plain rubber that is (which might have been better, but didn't sell).
So between the spilt beer, pee on the floor and vomit embedded in the carpet, it smells a sewer.  No thanks.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 04, 2020, 08:52:38 AM
So between the spilt beer, pee on the floor and vomit embedded in the carpet, it smells a sewer.  No thanks.

You forgot about stale tobacco.

It would be a tear-out if anybody cared to renovate it. But lots of these kinds of rigs are used as hunting campers. The smell doesn't seem so bad if you're wearing doe urine.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Wummmmmmmmmm .. Pshhhhht! ..... Wummmmmmmmmmmmm .. Pshhht.t.t! ..... Wumgggggg

Eye of the Tiger

Blow off valve is alive. Fiesta is nearly silent, but then, suddenly, there is a little bird.

Eye of the Tiger

Somebody with money is an XJ collector, and said he really wants to buy mine. We didn't discuss numbers. I said I'd keep it in mind. $3K? $6K?

Eye of the Tiger

Fiesta just got some speed parts, shipped from Leeds, UK. Hope they don't have coronas.

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

It is actually impossible to find an oil that meets the Ford spec WSS-M2C948-B, specifically for the 1.0 Ecoboost engine, on any store shelf. Not even Motorcraft full synthetic 5W-20 meets their own spec, as it's only WSS-M2C945-B1. I had been using Valvoline Synpower 5w-20, but it's also only 945-B1. So I had to order some of the right stuff. $42/jug ain't cheap, butt fuck it. Also, best oil filter.

SJ_GTI

Same brand I use for my Golf, but different blend/specs. I order mine online too. I could probably get away with something cheaper off the shelf from Wal-mart, but I figure it simpler/easier to just stick to the specs in case anything ever goes wrong.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 29, 2020, 08:52:23 PM
It is actually impossible to find an oil that meets the Ford spec WSS-M2C948-B, specifically for the 1.0 Ecoboost engine, on any store shelf. Not even Motorcraft full synthetic 5W-20 meets their own spec, as it's only WSS-M2C945-B1. I had been using Valvoline Synpower 5w-20, but it's also only 945-B1. So I had to order some of the right stuff. $42/jug ain't cheap, butt fuck it. Also, best oil filter.

Where was the car/engine built?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 30, 2020, 07:30:09 AM
Where was the car/engine built?

The engine was built in Cologne. I don't know about the rest of the car.

FoMoJo

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 30, 2020, 10:09:57 AM
Sweet...Ford 1.0-Litre EcoBoost Wins International Engine of the Year for the 6th Year Running

It's a sweet little engine, but it has its own oil spec.
I plan on taking mine up to Charlotte to a tuner for a stage 1 flash, for 150 hp and infinity torque (up from 123 hp), and 170 if I replace the exhaust and intercooler.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 30, 2020, 10:25:10 AM
It's a sweet little engine, but it has its own oil spec.
I plan on taking mine up to Charlotte to a tuner for a stage 1 flash, for 150 hp and infinity torque (up from 123 hp), and 170 if I replace the exhaust and intercooler.
So...sleeper.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 30, 2020, 10:30:39 AM
So...sleeper.

Sleeper-ish.
I don't plan on replacing the exhaust, but the intake and blow off valve are a bit whooshy now.

Eye of the Tiger

I had my car on the lift doing my oil change today. Such a simple car underneath (under the hood is insanity). Anyway, the exhaust is super tiny. Maybe 1.75". I should really get a 2.5" turbo-back, but a nice Milltek system will cost $1000, and I'll still have to extend the tail pipes because they only make exhausts for hatchbacks. Nobody cares about the silly American sedan.

giant_mtb

You have a welder...make your own exhaust!  Find a couple nice close-together trees to make bends, just fill the pipe with sand before bending.

Eye of the Tiger

Frustrated with the lack of Fiesta 1.0 sedan exhausts anywhere in the world, I ordered a cheap stainless cat back for a Fiesta ST. I will adapt.

Eye of the Tiger

Fiesta is also getting the Ford Racing Handling Package.

Eye of the Tiger

And blue lug nuts. Fuck it. Corona check.

giant_mtb

Blue lug nuts?  Did they come pre-coated with Lock Tit or what?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 08, 2020, 09:50:26 PM
Blue lug nuts?  Did they come pre-coated with Lock Tit or what?

They is blue. I heard the color blue repels corona virus. That why masks and doctor clothes are blue

Eye of the Tiger

Something about my PCM's ID number makes it unflashable for the performance tunes. I might try a piggly back tuner, but not now. Just the intake, exhausts, suspension, and blue lug nuts.

Eye of the Tiger

It's a good thing I bought another welder. Now I can convert my old Harbor Freight thing to DCEP and weld up Fiesta's stainless 3" exhaust.

Eye of the Tiger

Ordered a piggyback tuner. Fukit. +30 torquez. + intake + 3" catback + FRPP handling pack. Race car.

Submariner

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 06, 2020, 01:08:05 PM
Frustrated with the lack of Fiesta 1.0 sedan exhausts anywhere in the world, I ordered a cheap stainless cat back for a Fiesta ST. I will adapt.

Just cut a hole in the bonnet and send the exhaust out there.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Submariner on May 13, 2020, 11:58:07 PM
Just cut a hole in the bonnet and send the exhaust out there.

Fukit. No inspections here. You should see the total shit people drive.