Polestar 2

Started by 2o6, February 27, 2019, 10:37:38 AM

SJ_GTI

I am not digging the exterior for some reason. Interior looks good and the performance specs sound good as well. It sounds like it will be pricey though.

RomanChariot

It appears to have steering wheel controls for the stereo but climate control and other infotainment will need to go through the touchscreen. I hope  they give it good voice controls.

Raza

Is it an SUV? I can't tell. Is it one of those coupe SUV things?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

I think it's based on the new elextric Mustang AMC Eagle. Pole Star sounds like a stripper name. So does Mustang.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

12,000 RPM

Quote from: RomanChariot on February 27, 2019, 11:15:45 AM
It appears to have steering wheel controls for the stereo but climate control and other infotainment will need to go through the touchscreen. I hope  they give it good voice controls.
Voice controls are incompatible with screaming kids

Some functions are just best served by buttons. HVAC is the most obvious one
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

giant_mtb

Wow, great article, CNBC...didn't even bother to provide the most important stats...charging/battery/range. :confused:

Eye of the Tiger

I know that I like my strippers to have big rims and plenty of ground clearance.

RomanChariot

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on March 01, 2019, 07:46:38 AM
Voice controls are incompatible with screaming kids

Some functions are just best served by buttons. HVAC is the most obvious one

They also have problems with music playing. I have an Alexa enabled thermostat at home. My children love to tell it to play music. Unfortunately, with the music playing you have to yell at Alexa to tell her to turn the music off.

giant_mtb

Want a kid to annoy the shit out of you?  Get an Alexa.

RomanChariot

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 01, 2019, 09:38:53 AM
Want a kid to annoy the shit out of you?  Get an Alexa.

It's more fun when it is more than one kid trying to get Alexa's attention at the same time.

CaminoRacer

Volvo taillights are the ugliest on the market right now.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CaminoRacer on March 01, 2019, 04:25:39 PM
Volvo taillights are the ugliest on the market right now.

Volvo tradition

CaminoRacer

Apparently they switched the single motor model from FWD to RWD now, and it's 1 second faster 0-60 than the FWD. (AWD still 1-2 seconds faster though)

Closest Polestar showroom is in Denver. They really need to expand more.

MrH

I love how they look, but the infotainment has been a disaster based on everything I've read.  They're also expensive for what they are, and there's only one cupholder :facepalm:

EX30 will be a much better deal all around.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

SJ_GTI

Quote from: MrH on August 21, 2023, 08:45:03 AMEX30 will be a much better deal all around.

I am curious to see the actual pricing on that when it releases.

MrH

Quote from: SJ_GTI on August 21, 2023, 09:35:47 AMI am curious to see the actual pricing on that when it releases.

Supposed to start around $35k?  I'm guessing fully loaded at $45k or so.

The sucky part is the lack of tax credit.  You can get it if you lease.  I need to ask my Volvo dealership what lease buy outs look like.  Can you just lease it, and immediately buy it out the following month with cash?  You just pay the financing cost basically, but get the $7500 credit?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

CaminoRacer

Quote from: MrH on August 21, 2023, 09:48:52 AMSupposed to start around $35k?  I'm guessing fully loaded at $45k or so.

The sucky part is the lack of tax credit.  You can get it if you lease.  I need to ask my Volvo dealership what lease buy outs look like.  Can you just lease it, and immediately buy it out the following month with cash?  You just pay the financing cost basically, but get the $7500 credit?

Sounds like people are doing that with Hyundai/Kia.

r0tor

We really like the XC60 but their infotainment system is such a mess it's almost an automatic disqualifier
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

veeman

My cousin has a Polestar 2.  It looks really good from the outside IMHO.  He leased it to get the $7500 tax credit and plans to buy afterwards.