***Odeonsplatz Electric Car Show***

Started by cawimmer430, July 07, 2019, 08:11:03 AM

cawimmer430

Some snapshots of yesterday's electric car show at the Odeonsplatz in downtown Munich. All manufacturers who currently produce an EV were invited, including some brands I've never heard of. I only took snapshots of the "interesting" cars, namely the Mercedes-Benz EQC, the Audi e-Tron and Jaguar i-Pace. Everything else was not interesting or special.

What cars were there? From memory... Jaguar i-Pace, Nissan Leaf, BMW i3, Renault ZOE, Renault Twizzy, Audi e-Tron, Hyundai Kona EV, Tesla Model 3, Mercedes-Benz EQC, Mercedes-Benz eVito, Volkswagen e-Golf, Volkswagen e-Up!

Mercedes-Benz EQC and Mercedes-Benz eVito: the EQC is utterly dull and boring exterior design. Looks goofy as hell. The interior, however is super nice. Empty weight = 2.5 tons. Yep, super "green".  :tounge:

The eVito... nothing special. It's basically a commercialized Vito van and lacks any high-tech feel (analog speedometer instead of digital for example) and has a really cheap interior. In its defense, it's a commercial working vehicle so buyers won't care.

Jaguar i-Pace: in this particular exterior trim it looked pretty nice.

A silly dance with shitty music intended to make us love EVs. It failed (in my case).  :lol:

Audi e-Tron: Great exterior and interior. However are big, porky and fat electric SUVs really that "green"? Of course not!

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie