An honest work truck

Started by Morris Minor, October 19, 2019, 06:46:52 AM

Morris Minor

Bruised over its long life, F250 dualie, still at work, now for the tree service guy & his crew, who took down couple of dead pines for me. I don't know why, but these appeal to me more than the chrome-laden pseudo-bro trucks I see further into town. Tires in good shape but not that headlight.
  Edit - or is it a 350?

⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

CaminoRacer

I love 80s and early 90s truck now. So utilitarian. The Blazer in Stranger Things has only fueled my desire
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

FoMoJo

When, as a 16 year old working a summer job on a tobacco farm, they had a farm truck that looked an awful lot like this...

It carries a lot of memories as, after the tobacco harvest was done, I stayed on a couple of weeks to do some apple picking and some tomato picking on farms in the area and our means of transportation was the farm truck; us being the farmer's daughter, also 16 and her sister-in-law.  I was the designated driver because none of us had our driver's license.  Travelling on the gravel concession roads wide open, it would do about 75 mph, not particularly fast, but on gravel roads in an old truck, it was a blast, kind of crazy, but a real blast.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CaminoRacer on October 22, 2019, 06:59:11 PM
I love 80s and early 90s truck now. So utilitarian. The Blazer in Stranger Things has only fueled my desire

I prefer the GMT400. Dammit, I miss my GMC.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Soup DeVille

I almost bought and drove home a '93 F350 from Oregon this spring; I just never see nice ones at home.

And as far as "real trucks" go, my dream rig is a nice R-model Mack.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

shp4man

Quote from: Morris Minor on October 19, 2019, 06:46:52 AM
Bruised over its long life, F250 dualie, still at work, now for the tree service guy & his crew, who took down couple of dead pines for me. I don't know why, but these appeal to me more than the chrome-laden pseudo-bro trucks I see further into town. Tires in good shape but not that headlight.
  Edit - or is it a 350?

That's a workhorse.  :ohyeah:^^^^

I got kind of a thing for trucks. One of my favorite museums is the Motor Transport Museum in the mountains just east of here.

And my favorite old truck:   :lol:

Morris Minor

So glad you kept the unrestored derelict look Shippy.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

CaminoRacer

You ever want to sell that, call me first. :lol:
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV