Which car looks better to you?

325i Sport
6 (21.4%)
330i Sport
22 (78.6%)

Total Members Voted: 27

SJ_GTI

Which of these cars look nicer to you?

Obviously the 330i is the "better" car, so I am asking about looks only.

Raza

The bottom one.  The silver trim looks better.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

QuoteThe bottom one.  The silver trim looks better.
I concur. Its wheels also look better, I assume it is the 330i?

SJ_GTI

The top one is the 325i (sport) and the bottom one is the 330i (sport).

I actually like the 325i better. I think the wheels are a wash but I don't like the chrome trim.

On the 5-series they use "shadow" trim when you get the sport package, but on the 3-series they leave the chrome. Go figure.

Run Away

Top one, with some darker colored wheels and slightly lowered.
Something like the RSX-S wheels offered here in Canada.

Colonel Cadillac

ifcar

I prefer the 330i's chrome trim, but hate the wheels. I voted 325.

Tom

Top one.  Lack of chrome and nicer wheels imo.

IrishGuy

I like the chrome trim on the 330 but I prefer the 325's wheels. Decisions decisions...

2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited

GMPenguin

QuoteTop one.  Lack of chrome and nicer wheels imo.
Same here.

saxonyron

Slap the 325's wheels on the 330, and you have a winner.  I like the brightwork around the windows and the lowered stance, but the 330's wheels are yawn city.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Raza

I don't like either set of rims, actually, but I dislike the 330's less.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Mak450

I'll go with the 330i by a hair.

Raza

It might be the color.  Perhaps in black the "shadow" trim would look better.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Lebowski

QuoteI don't like either set of rims, actually, but I dislike the 330's less.
I agree.  I voted 330i, mainly because of the wheels, but I certainly don't love either set of wheels.

Catman

QuoteI don't like either set of rims, actually, but I dislike the 330's less.
I agree.  I voted 330i, mainly because of the wheels, but I certainly don't love either set of wheels.
I like the 330's wheels better also.

850CSi

QuoteIt might be the color.  Perhaps in black the "shadow" trim would look better.
That is a very big part of it. I think mine probably looks better with the shadow.

CaseyNPham

I think the chrome looks nicer. The black trim looks a little cheap in my opinion.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

cawimmer430

That 325i is a "cheaper trim level" model obviously, just like we have here in Europe. The 330i looks much better because of the higher trim level spec. Also, don't forget that 325i's are for POSERS!  :P  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

850CSi

QuoteThat 325i is a "cheaper trim level" model obviously, just like we have here in Europe. The 330i looks much better because of the higher trim level spec. Also, don't forget that 325i's are for POSERS!  :P
Hmmm... Still hits 60 in 6.1.  :devil:

Lighter, too, with a better weight balance.

Fire It Up

330i. Both the wheels suck, but the 330i's is better because theyre larger and dished.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

BMWDave

I like the 330i better.  It looks lower to the ground, and I like the chrome and wheels better.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

SJ_GTI

QuoteThat 325i is a "cheaper trim level" model obviously, just like we have here in Europe. The 330i looks much better because of the higher trim level spec. Also, don't forget that 325i's are for POSERS!? :P

In a recent R&T both the Audi A4 2.0T and BMW 325xi ran 0-60 in 6.5 seconds.  :wub:

In the same test the G35x ran 0-60 in 5.9 seconds  :rockon:  and the IS250 ran 7.4 seconds.  :(

The Legacy GT smoked em all though with a run of 5.1 seconds.  B)  

cawimmer430

QuoteThat 325i is a "cheaper trim level" model obviously, just like we have here in Europe. The 330i looks much better because of the higher trim level spec. Also, don't forget that 325i's are for POSERS!? :P

That's fast!  :rockon:

But the folks on C&D would call it...."completely underpow..."   :P  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Raza

QuoteThat 325i is a "cheaper trim level" model obviously, just like we have here in Europe. The 330i looks much better because of the higher trim level spec. Also, don't forget that 325i's are for POSERS!  :P

In a recent R&T both the Audi A4 2.0T and BMW 325xi ran 0-60 in 6.5 seconds.  :wub:

In the same test the G35x ran 0-60 in 5.9 seconds  :rockon:  and the IS250 ran 7.4 seconds.  :(

The Legacy GT smoked em all though with a run of 5.1 seconds.  B)
5.1 seconds to 60?  For a Legacy GT?  That's faster than any WRX I've ever seen, and the power/weight ratio can't be better in the Legacy.

That's ridiculous.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Lebowski

Post all the tests that claim 0-60 in 6.1.

I highly doubt that is an easily duplicated number for a 325.

850CSi

Post all the tests that claim 0-60 in 6.1.

I highly doubt that is an easily duplicated number for a 325.
C/D claimed 6.1. I haven't seen any other numbers because I don't read a lot of automotive reviews.

It would make sense, seeing as it's basically an E46 330i. Certainly FEELS that fast.

No, that's probably not easily duplicated, but if I had to turn a blind eye to my clutch and tranny and go all-out, I could probably do it nearly that fast after a couple of tries.