Cool Car Meet-Up Yesterday

Started by cawimmer430, October 28, 2019, 10:29:09 AM

cawimmer430

Visited a buddy mine yesterday who specializes in selling mostly vintage Mercedes' and other goodies. When I arrived he was in the midst of selling a red BMW 318is E30 Coupe to a client who arrived with his friend who also drove a red BMW 318is E30 Coupe!

Some impressions of yesterday. The E46 M3 is for sale. We went out on a short test drive with the car later, but since the engine/oil were cold it wasn't abused. Still great engine sound. Took some horrible videos of that!

The gray Mercedes W210 is an E240 which is currently my buddy's daily driver (here seen with hideous plastic winter hubcaps [aka winter wheels]). The car is in excellent shape and was owned by an old man and is quite well-optioned.

The white BMW 135i E82 Coupe belonged to a BMW mechanic who also does his own tuning. The car has been suped-up to some ridiculous horsepower numbers and later he opened the trunk and showed us his self-made water-methanol injection system. There are a tons of mods to the car, I couldn't remember them all.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAV7P5KrS64

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uNEjYQNgYs

Two BMW 318is E30s.

Can't have the "instruction manual" missing from the sold BMW 318is. ;)

My buddy sells vintage Mercedes', so here are some impressions. He's got two more storage areas a not far from this farm where he's renting an old garage.

Mercedes-Benz W123s! A 280CE Coupe with manual transmission, 230E and a 300D Automatic. The 280CE was driven in Germany throughout its life and needs some patching up. The 300D Automatic came from Spain. Forgot the 230E's history.

The old school farm garage. Here's the 318is being inspected by the two buyers. To the right another Mercedes 300D with a manual transmission and a Mercedes 230C (carburetor) Coupe with an automatic transmission.

Want to feel like Roger Moore in The Spy Who Loved Me? Then this Lotus Esprit Turbo is for you!  :ohyeah:

Every man cave needs this.  :praise:

Say hello to.... hmmm... never caught its name!  :lol:

A 300CE-24 Convertible, also for sale.

Behind the garage, some '124s for sale.

My buddy's Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/projectcrosstype/  :ohyeah:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

AutobahnSHO

fun. I totalled a 4door like those red ones. :(  It was a 1983, in 2003ish. "Only" had 512k kilometers....
Will

cawimmer430

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 30, 2019, 07:43:23 PM
fun. I totalled a 4door like those red ones. :(  It was a 1983, in 2003ish. "Only" had 512k kilometers....

512,000 km on a BMW? Fake news!  :lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 31, 2019, 09:51:36 AM
512,000 km on a BMW? Fake news!  :lol:

It had a couple weird indicator light issues, hand crank windows, drove really nicely. The insurance company said the owner would get extra money cuz it was low mileage for that year....!!
Will

AutobahnSHO

Oh lots of fun cars out this morning, must have been on their way to or from meetups.
Will