Ford Bronco first look!

Started by Payman, July 13, 2020, 07:52:59 PM

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Submariner on January 26, 2022, 07:38:26 PM
What about if you put chains on them?

I don't know. Would oversized tires with chains be better than normal sized ones with chains? I don't know. My only experience with tire chains is on large trucks.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

veeman

Wouldn't chains damage one's driveway, especially on such a heavy car?  Unless the driveway was completely covered with several inches of snow/ice? 

Soup DeVille

Quote from: veeman on January 27, 2022, 05:26:07 AM
Wouldn't chains damage one's driveway, especially on such a heavy car?  Unless the driveway was completely covered with several inches of snow/ice? 

Over time, yeah.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

RomanChariot

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 26, 2022, 01:10:44 PM
Remember though- the 3PMSF symbol is a minimum rating, and it means compared to an identical sized regular all season tire that it does 10% better on medium packed snow. That's it.

The size of the tire may still be inappropriate for the conditions.

I haven't actually used 3PMSF AT tires but in general AT tires are not great in snow. I bought the truck I am driving now used with 35 inch AT tires with about 50% tread. The tires work great in dirt, sand and mud off-road conditions. They are not great on wet roads and they are terrible on roads with light and/or slushy snow. My previous Suburban with smaller all season tires did much better in those conditions.

GoCougs

BTDT - AT/knobby tires are terrible in winter, esp. on roads (ice, compact snow, slush) - hard tire compound and not good at holding snow in the tread.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: GoCougs on January 31, 2022, 05:34:52 PM
BTDT - AT/knobby tires are terrible in winter, esp. on roads (ice, compact snow, slush) - hard tire compound and not good at holding snow in the tread.

My AT tires are spectacular on snow. Absolute shit on ice.
3PMSF
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Speed_Racer

I put Michelin X-LTs M+S all-seasons on the F150 and they're surprisingly good in snow. The Salt Lake valley doesn't get enough snow anymore to justify dedicated snow tires (and I don't go up the canyons to the ski resorts). I do keep chains just in case though.

GF's Bronco production date has been pushed a couple times so it's now scheduled to begin next week on the 7th but we'll see if that holds. YouTube vids of the Eruption Green paint look stellar though.

SJ_GTI

I saw my first Bronco out and about today (still had dealer tags). It was bigger than I expected.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: SJ_GTI on February 02, 2022, 02:12:32 PM
I saw my first Bronco out and about today (still had dealer tags). It was bigger than I expected.

So they're still rarish outside of the Detroit area then? I see them all the time- and occasionally a new Hummer or Rivian.

CaminoRacer

I've seen a few in Utah. But no one should be surprised by that
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Soup DeVille

Quote from: CaminoRacer on February 02, 2022, 03:35:44 PM
I've seen a few in Utah. But no one should be surprised by that

I'm sure Ford shipped some to some magazine wonks near Moab as soon as they could.

Speed_Racer

They crashed last spring's Jeep Easter Safari event in Moab - brought a few custom examples to show off to the Jeeple. That's Jeep-people.

NomisR

It's still fairly rare in So Cal, I've seen maybe 4 at most.. I haven't seen any new Hummers yet and saw 2 Rivians, plus once before it was available to the public.

MrH

I see at least a few Broncos a week in Ohio :huh:

I guess that makes sense.  This area is big on trucks, off roading SUVs, etc.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

r0tor

I don't think I have seen a non "sport" version yet.  Of course I also don't go to malls anymore so maybe that's why
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

CaminoRacer

Quote from: MrH on February 14, 2022, 07:18:38 AM

That's funny, because when I go back to Ohio/Kentucky now, I comment on how there's half as many big trucks as there are in Utah. :lol: Lots more regular sedans for commuting.
But part of that is Utah spends a lot of money on appearances vs. the midwest. And everyone has a camper trailer, UTV, boat, etc. Lots more household debt per capita.

NomisR

Quote from: MrH on February 14, 2022, 07:18:38 AM

Quote from: r0tor on February 14, 2022, 08:14:12 AM
I don't think I have seen a non "sport" version yet.  Of course I also don't go to malls anymore so maybe that's why

Yeah, regular or sports version, because I don't really consider sports versions real Broncos, at least not the Broncos that we're talking about in this thread.

Quote from: CaminoRacer on February 14, 2022, 09:24:58 AM
That's funny, because when I go back to Ohio/Kentucky now, I comment on how there's half as many big trucks as there are in Utah. :lol: Lots more regular sedans for commuting.
But part of that is Utah spends a lot of money on appearances vs. the midwest. And everyone has a camper trailer, UTV, boat, etc. Lots more household debt per capita.

I thought Mormons are really into prepping too.

RomanChariot

Utah has always been a big state for outdoor recreation and these days a lot of that involves camp trailers and off-road vehicles. My family has always done a fair amount of camping but my wife enjoys it a lot more now that we have a camp trailer and having a trailer requires a suitable tow vehicle.

Laconian

Quote from: CaminoRacer on February 14, 2022, 09:24:58 AM

Active outdoor lifestyles facilitated by loud, gas-burning toys with zero calories expended from exercise. RIP quiet walks in the snow.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Laconian on February 14, 2022, 11:55:25 AM
Active outdoor lifestyles facilitated by loud, gas-burning toys with zero calories expended from exercise. RIP quiet walks in the snow.

I really want electric UTVs to catch on. I love UTVs but they sound horrible with their dumb CVT transmissions.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: RomanChariot on February 14, 2022, 11:27:56 AM
Utah has always been a big state for outdoor recreation and these days a lot of that involves camp trailers and off-road vehicles. My family has always done a fair amount of camping but my wife enjoys it a lot more now that we have a camp trailer and having a trailer requires a suitable tow vehicle.

Yes, there are plenty of BroDozers that never tow anything but I think a majority of trucks around here do tow a camper/boat/UTV semi-frequently. A higher percentage than most states.

Speed_Racer

GF's build date got bumped several times from 1/24 to 2/21. After that date passed without any new bumps or updates, I did some digging through the Bronco forum to figure out if that was good or bad news.

I found some backend links and found that her Bronco rolled off the line 2/26 and is en route to Utah. And just a few hours ago she finally got a build confirmation email and the assembly line photo! She should have it by the end of the month.

We saw a green Bronco in person at a local RV show and it is sharp indeed.

SJ_GTI

CaminoRacer

FoMoJo

That green looks great.  Good choice.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Speed_Racer

Today has been a very good day.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Speed_Racer on March 24, 2022, 05:12:53 PM
Today has been a very good day.

Nice! Its absolutely my favorite color.

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

AutobahnSHO

Very nice! Better pics?

My wife's Subaru (Rich has it in NY now) had LHM marking on it!
Will