Audi Nuvolari Concept Will Become A4 Grand Tourer

Started by Fire It Up, May 18, 2005, 06:09:02 PM

SJ_GTI

Sounds cool. Funny thing about the article though...Edmunds seems really smitten with Audi.

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

BMWDave

QuoteMind telling me what smitten means?
They love it.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

BMWDave

That should make for a pretty nice A4 Coupe.  Would this compete with the 3er coupe?

2007 Honda S2000

saxonyron

"Audi has the Midas touch at the moment ? while rival Mercedes is struggling, it's going from strength to strength."

Wow! You're right Mtl A4 - Check that sentence out!  Edmunds is just dripping with smittenness.  And yes, BMW Dave - this will be Audi's answer to the 3 coupe.  Although I don't think the Nuvolari will be coming in convertible form though...

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

850CSi

You can't help but think that if Audi keeps going at this pace, building not only phenominal cars, but cars that evoke a sense of new style and instill an emotional attachment to such different and radically amazing designs with the general public, they may be on their way to truly rivaling, if not beating BMW and Mercedes at the Image game.

They're building the LeMans.

They're building the Nuvolari.

I can't think of any cars on the road that are as shockingly awesome-looking as those two.

Secret Chimp

A4? I always thought of the Nuvolari as an A6-ish car.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

BMWDave

QuoteYou can't help but think that if Audi keeps going at this pace, building not only phenominal cars, but cars that evoke a sense of new style and instill an emotional attachment to such different and radically amazing designs with the general public, they may be on their way to truly rivaling, if not beating BMW and Mercedes at the Image game.

They're building the LeMans.

They're building the Nuvolari.

I can't think of any cars on the road that are as shockingly awesome-looking as those two.
They are starting to build great cars.  I assume these will be AWD with quattro? I dont know if they will totally unseat BMW, since they occupy different niches; BMW is the sporty one, and Audi is more like 4 seasons-all around comfort with some driving pleasure thrown in.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Since when is Mercedes struggling?  They seem to be doing fine.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteSince when is Mercedes struggling?  They seem to be doing fine.
Not as fine as they should be doing ;)  

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Looks good, but I have to agree that the concept looks more like a car at the A6's level, or even the A8's.  

BMWDave

Thats why its somewhat suprising that they are marketing it as an A4 coupe.

2007 Honda S2000

SJ_GTI

Th A4 and A6 are made on the same chassis. The A4 is basically a smaller A6.

A coupe makes alot more sense in the A4 size range IMHO. Do you think BMW sells more 325/330ci's or 645ci's?

TBR

QuoteTh A4 and A6 are made on the same chassis. The A4 is basically a smaller A6.

A coupe makes alot more sense in the A4 size range IMHO. Do you think BMW sells more 325/330ci's or 645ci's?
I was refering mainly to the size of the Nuvolari concept. Also, I never said that a A6 based coupe made more sense than an A4 one. You are reading way too much into those comments.