Picked up a . . .

Started by VetteZ06, February 01, 2006, 12:55:49 PM

VetteZ06

. . . Jeep Wrangler Rubicon yesterday. Traded the Tahoe in because we don't need the room any more, and I also got a good price on trade-in.

It's white with a black hardtop, 6-speed manual, etc.  :praise:

The tires are absolutely huge, and it drives much differently than the '98 Wrangler that we sold a while back. It's geared in such a way that starting off in 2nd almost makes more sense than starting off in 1st.  :P

Anyhow, I love it to death, and it's nice to have a Wrangler in the family again. Can't wait to take it off-road in the future . . .  :D  

TBR

Is it yours or your wife's?

Tom

That's amesome.  I wish you many miles of Jeep excellence, fun in the sun, and offroad traveling.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tom

Oh, and pics please!  A nature shot would be cool.  Then you can add it to you sig and be in the unofficial car/nature sig club :praise:  

JYODER240

Congrats man! Now make sure to take it out and get it nice and muddy. Pics would be nice too B)  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

giant_mtb

Go ahead and keep it spotless until you stop caring so much about the dirtiness of it...then do some sweet off-roading and take some awesome articulation pics. ^_^ You do plan on off-roading it, don't you?  :( (if not, I'd hafta get angry)

Raza

QuoteGo ahead and keep it spotless until you stop caring so much about the dirtiness of it...then do some sweet off-roading and take some awesome articulation pics. ^_^ You do plan on off-roading it, don't you?  :( (if not, I'd hafta get angry)
He bought it exclusively as a highway car, actually.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

QuoteGo ahead and keep it spotless until you stop caring so much about the dirtiness of it...then do some sweet off-roading and take some awesome articulation pics. ^_^ You do plan on off-roading it, don't you?  :( (if not, I'd hafta get angry)
He bought it exclusively as a highway car, actually.
I was thinking about getting for my trips to Starbucks :P  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Catman

Awesome, I love those.  Is it the regular one or the Unlimited?  Where's the pics?

VetteZ06

The Jeep will be my daily driver, as the wife already has a 4Runner.

I do plan to take it off-road in the future. Buying a Rubicon wouldn't make much sense if I didn't, after all. I shudder at the thought of buying it and driving it exclusively on paved roads . . .  :nono:

I'll have to see what I can do about pictures, as the digicam is not currently in my possession. They'll get here soon enough, though.  :praise:

Thanks for all of the replies!

VetteZ06

That's exactly what it looks like.

And, Catman, it is not an Unlimited. The extra space would be nice, but I'm just not a fan of the looks.  :praise:  

BMWDave

Congrats!  Use it in good health, as they say B)

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Catman

And, Catman, it is not an Unlimited. The extra space would be nice, but I'm just not a fan of the looks.  :praise:
Looks awesome.  What a fun ride I hope you like it.

Dave, the "Use it in good health" saying is such a Jewish Mother saying.  My mom says it all the time and my Grandmother used to say it all the time. :P  

BMWDave

And, Catman, it is not an Unlimited. The extra space would be nice, but I'm just not a fan of the looks.  :praise:
Looks awesome.  What a fun ride I hope you like it.

Dave, the "Use it in good health" saying is such a Jewish Mother saying.  My mom says it all the time and my Grandmother used to say it all the time. :P
I knew I heard it somewhere :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...