New Countach

Started by Submariner, August 12, 2021, 01:43:33 PM

Laconian

Looks great. No breadloaves in the bumpers. Maybe a bevy of cameras could deal with those horrendous blindspots.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Galaxy

I am on the fence about this. Lamborghini never reuses names, and that they do so now, seems like a cash grab. If it were the final V12 lambo it would be more understandable, yet it is not. Then again perhaps that is being reserved for the Miura name. I was expecting a re skinned Aventador, and that is what it is, however it actually looks quite good.... That being said it looks more like a Diablo from the front, with those headlights. Also it seems a bit audacious to charge 2 Million euros + for a 9 year old platform.

r0tor

I would have to be a really bored billionaire to buy that
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Speed_Racer

Without the iconic gigantic Countach wing (and pop up headlights!), it really looks like a Diablo/Murci update

MX793

Quote from: Speed_Racer on August 15, 2021, 10:00:31 AM
Without the iconic gigantic Countach wing (and pop up headlights!), it really looks like a Diablo/Murci update

The original Countach didn't have the big wing or the fender flares.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Speed_Racer on August 15, 2021, 10:00:31 AM

The big wing and flares originally weren't even installed by Lamborghini. If you look at the original Marcello Gandini show car, the Countach was supposed to be a much cleaner looking car than the one that was on the posters in every teenage boy's bedroom in 1987.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Speed_Racer

Quote from: MX793 on August 15, 2021, 10:13:55 AM
The original Countach didn't have the big wing or the fender flares.

Obvs, but the big wing flared Countach is what got put up on bedroom walls. Seems odd to revive the nameplate but not go full-bore

cawimmer430

I absolutely love it.  :wub:

I love retro design, but for some reason I always thought the original Countach was butt ugly hideous. It was cool, but ugly. The retro-designed new version looks fantastic.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

mzziaz

Good first impressions, but hybrid/auto is the wrong kind of powertrain.
Cuore Sportivo