New G35(7)?

Started by TBR, February 06, 2006, 08:28:58 PM

TBR

Looks nice, though I still love the current car.

Tom

SJ_GTI

As I mentioned at C&D I am not a fan of the current sedan's looks but I think that looks pretty nice.

ifcar

Would they actually have a back hatch with that design, or just a six-inch trunk opening?

The front looks great, but the roof needs to stop a bit farther from the back of the car.  

MX793

Didn't Infiniti show a G35 refresh concept at Detroit?  I swear I saw a quick shot of one while watching some television coverage of the Detroit Auto show.  C&D apparently didn't stop at the Infiniti booth this year, since they have no Infiniti pictures on their site from Detroit.  Wait, I found some pics at Auto Spies.  Looks hot, IMO.  Hope those headlights find their way to the refreshed sedan.  We'll know for sure when the NY show rolls around.

Personally, I don't love the looks of the current sedan.  It's height to width ratio is too high and the stacked headlamps only serve to make it look taller and narrower.  The coupe has better proportions, but the front end still is a little blunt and tall looking (something that the Detroit concept's look fixes).
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

TBR

The concept is of the coupe. I wouldn't be surprised if the designs are more differentiated this time around.

Lebowski

I think that looks pretty good.  If it comes with a significantly improved interior, it could be a real contender (not that it isn't already).

Raza

I like the current exterior better.  That kind of feels like a Peugeot.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Lebowski

QuoteI like the current exterior better.  That kind of feels like a Peugeot.
Feels like a Peugot or looks like a Peugot?

Raza

QuoteI like the current exterior better.  That kind of feels like a Peugeot.
The looks feel as if they have a Peugeot aura about them.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Speed_Racer

That's a really stubby trunk-section. Stretch it out, and it'll look better.

And that girl is ugly, too.

Laconian

QuoteThat's a really stubby trunk-section. Stretch it out, and it'll look better.

And that girl is ugly, too.
She occupies more surface area than all the cars combined. Why isn't the magazine called GIRL?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

TBR

QuoteI like the current exterior better.  That kind of feels like a Peugeot.
The looks feel as if they have a Peugeot aura about them.
It is the rear, the front looks very much like an Infiniti.