Vanderhall Brawley

Started by CaminoRacer, November 28, 2021, 11:42:12 AM

CaminoRacer

https://www.motortrend.com/news/vanderhall-brawley-ev-off-road-sxs-atv/

https://vanderhallusa.com/brawley/

EV UTV, not street legal unless your state allows UTV registration for non-highway streets.

Looks pretty awesome, I'd love to have one of these. My biggest complaints with UTVs is the loud exhaust and stupid CVT. This solves both of those.

https://youtu.be/zeMSt6ltLEI
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

MrH

Pretty awesome.  Turns out a lot of states, you can drive a UTV on road.  I'm kind of surprised.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Laconian

Single pedal operation and insta torque could be game changing for UTVs.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Laconian

Quote from: Laconian on November 28, 2021, 02:21:41 PM
Single pedal operation and insta torque could be game changing for UTVs.

Now that I think about it, the constant lurching would probably make single pedal operation disastrous :lol:

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Laconian on November 28, 2021, 02:27:37 PM
Now that I think about it, the constant lurching would probably make single pedal operation disastrous :lol:

It worked very well on a hydraulic drive fork truck I used years ago.

the problem I see in this application is somebody's foot being knocked off the pedal by a bump- and that means braking. There are definitely times off road (and off ground) when one wants the wheels to freewheel.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Laconian

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 28, 2021, 02:44:27 PM
It worked very well on a hydraulic drive fork truck I used years ago.

the problem I see in this application is somebody's foot being knocked off the pedal by a bump- and that means braking. There are definitely times off road (and off ground) when one wants the wheels to freewheel.

Yeah, my UTV experience was that I was jostling all the time. Herk-a-jerk braking might've resulted in an unwanted cartwheel.

CaminoRacer

My commute is short enough that I can take surface streets instead of the freeway. Maybe I should buy one of these :mask:

MrH

Quote from: CaminoRacer on November 28, 2021, 07:48:37 PM
My commute is short enough that I can take surface streets instead of the freeway. Maybe I should buy one of these :mask:

I forget, where in Utah are you?

I have two friends that have moved out there specifically for off-roading.  One worked with me at Bilstein and has a wild JL rock crawler.  Now he works for some off-road specific shock company out there.  The other tried to race pike's peak this year and also rock crawls.  Looks really fun!

Apparently you can drive UTV on-road in Ohio here, but I need to use the highway a lot.  If I lived close to MOAB or other off road parks and could get to work in it, maybe?

I'd be hesitant to order from them until they're regularly making deliveries though.  I think there's a good shot they never actually get around to producing them in volume.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

CaminoRacer

I'm in between Provo and SLC. I can drive into the mountains without going on the highway, and might be able to get all the way to Park City through the mountains. I'd probably have to trailer it down to Moab. Although with 400 hp I think it should be able to go 70 mph pretty easily, seems like you could get away with driving it on higher speed roads as long as the cops don't have a grudge against you :lol:

MrH

I didn't realize they're based in Provo?  Just stop by and see what their manufacturing looks like.  Seems to be small enough that it's all handmade
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Eye of the Tiger

Provo is short for Provolone
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CaminoRacer

Quote from: MrH on November 29, 2021, 08:09:34 AM
I didn't realize they're based in Provo?  Just stop by and see what their manufacturing looks like.  Seems to be small enough that it's all handmade

Yeah I need to get a tour sometime. My company almost moved our manufacturing right next door to them.
I see the little 3 wheelers driving around town all the time.

Laconian

Quote from: CaminoRacer on November 29, 2021, 09:17:36 AM
Yeah I need to get a tour sometime. My company almost moved our manufacturing right next door to them.
I see the little 3 wheelers driving around town all the time.

d00d