EV Pushback

Started by Morris Minor, December 02, 2021, 05:41:48 AM

Morris Minor

I'm wobbly on Giga Berlin - I think opposition from entrenched interests, environmentalists, & regulatory roadblocks are too much of a headwind. It really would have been better if they'd built elsewhere. Czech Republic maybe.

I suppose you could argue it's a backhanded compliment to Musk & Tesla that the threat they represent is serious enough to have mobilized this level of opposition, but honestly Germany in general is not exactly a great place to complete new business projects and that particular area is even less welcoming. Brandenburg is a backwater for a reason. All the action is further west & southwest.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Morris Minor on December 15, 2021, 07:21:12 AM
I'm wobbly on Giga Berlin - I think opposition from entrenched interests, environmentalists, & regulatory roadblocks are too much of a headwind. It really would have been better if they'd built elsewhere. Czech Republic maybe.

I suppose your could argue it's a backhanded compliment to Musk & Tesla that the threat they represent is serious enough to have mobilized this level of opposition, but honestly Germany in general is not exactly a great place to complete new business projects and that particular area is even less welcoming. Brandenburg is a backwater for a reason. All the action is further west & south west.

The Brandenburg airport should have been a giant red flag.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Morris Minor

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 15, 2021, 08:05:16 AM
The Brandenburg airport should have been a giant red flag.
Exactamundo, an infamous and a well-publicized poster child for that kind of dysfunction.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

NomisR

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 14, 2021, 07:44:31 PM
There are facilities (hotels) where people arriving in Australia may be quarantined under certain circumstances.  This occurs in a number of countries with variations.

Hotels?  Are you kidding.. let's move this topic out of here but you've obviously never seen the camps in Austrailia because they're not done at hotels