2022 Reliability Rankings

Started by Eye of the Tiger, March 15, 2022, 09:22:43 AM

Eye of the Tiger

I actually paid money for a certain stupid publication's new car guide.
Here is some definitely not copyrighted material:

Mazda is more reliable than Toyota. That's all that matters.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Laconian

Gotta love those single digit scores at the end. LOL Lincoln

It's odd that Genesis ranks below Hyundai?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

AutobahnSHO

That's wild! Gotta love computers. :thumbsup:
Will

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Laconian on March 15, 2022, 09:35:00 AM
Gotta love those single digit scores at the end. LOL Lincoln

It's odd that Genesis ranks below Hyundai?

Genesis is just a Hyundai with more things to go wrong.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Morris Minor

Mercedes buyers hand the keys back on their lease expirations before the gremlins show themselves. The brand's reliability rankings are only an issue for CPO & used owners.

My neighbor took delivery of his Model 3 last week. Gulp. And someone else in the neighborhood just got an X. Double Gulp.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Soup DeVille

I don't really understand the huge gap between the best and worst models for Chevy and GMC- what's going on with the Yukon/Tahoe bad enough to drag the entire brand down?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

veeman

This article goes into the problems of the Tahoe and Yukon as outlined by Consumer Reports:

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/2021-chevy-tahoe-recommended-by-consumer-reports/

NomisR

Tahoe and Yukon are both 2.. lol i think they're at the bottom of the barrel.

cawimmer430

What a confusing report. Brands rise and drop without any real explanation.

Wasn't MINI always near the bottom? Now they're pretty high at the top? I'm confused.

And what the hell is "predicted reliability"? Sounds silly.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

NomisR

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 15, 2022, 11:29:53 PM
What a confusing report. Brands rise and drop without any real explanation.

Wasn't MINI always near the bottom? Now they're pretty high at the top? I'm confused.

And what the hell is "predicted reliability"? Sounds silly.

The reliability reports are based off of annual surveys sent out to subscribers and it's a complication of that data.  The predicted reliability I believe is based off of the same data from the previous models of the car.  If it's a brand new model, they wouldn't have a rating because it's brand new.  For brands, I think it's just an average of all cars.  For mini though, it could just be due to the low sales numbers in general and likely slight improvement in quality.

Submariner

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 15, 2022, 12:55:06 PM
I don't really understand the huge gap between the best and worst models for Chevy and GMC- what's going on with the Yukon/Tahoe bad enough to drag the entire brand down?

And how is it that the 2500 is reliable while the Yukon isnt?  Im sure there are suspension differences but the underlying components are largely the same right?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Submariner on March 19, 2022, 07:50:42 PM
And how is it that the 2500 is reliable while the Yukon isnt?  Im sure there are suspension differences but the underlying components are largely the same right?

Mostly, yes.

It looks like the major problems had to do with the climate control and infotainment.

Submariner

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 19, 2022, 10:22:53 PM
Mostly, yes.

It looks like the major problems had to do with the climate control and infotainment.

I'm guessing that the systems are the same save for an additional blower and maybe a bit more plumbing for 3rd row air...and wouldn't they use the same infotainment?  Or maybe the Yukon is more likely to have an upmarket (and less reliable) one.

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

cawimmer430

Quote from: NomisR on March 16, 2022, 09:53:02 AM
The reliability reports are based off of annual surveys sent out to subscribers and it's a complication of that data.  The predicted reliability I believe is based off of the same data from the previous models of the car.  If it's a brand new model, they wouldn't have a rating because it's brand new.  For brands, I think it's just an average of all cars.  For mini though, it could just be due to the low sales numbers in general and likely slight improvement in quality.

:ohyeah:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie