Z06 pricing out

Started by 565, July 15, 2022, 03:42:03 PM

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a40627322/2023-chevy-corvette-z06-price/

106k start, up to 160k with options.

Steeper than anyone expected.  I was gonna get on the z06 waiting list but decided to go blackwing instead due to the new addition.  I guess it's partially due to inflation and partially GM trying to capitalize on the interest this car generated.

Similarly GM raised the base price on the CT5 blackwing by 7 grand and increased the pricing on many options, so it now starts at 90k and easily reaches 140k or so.

I think with the shifting winds in the economy this is going to bite GM in the ass a bit. 160k honestly puts this in the range of like a 911 GT3.

Rich

I'm thinking the Z06 will not be as supply restricted as the GT3 after the first couple of years.  I've heard through Farah and those types that there's a multiple years-long waitlist for the GT3.  eventually a dealer might be willing to cut a deal on the vette.

I'd take a Gt3 with a stick, but don't have the money for either.
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

CaminoRacer

Expensive, but I think it lives up to the price point
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Gotta-Qik-C7

Welp! It'll be a "Base" C8 for me!   :lol:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Lebowski

The upper end is getting close to an unoptioned gt3, which I'm sure can get above $200k w/ options.

GoCougs

The future "shifting winds" however is bound to be a bifurcation - the rich get richer at the expense of most everyone else - as what has happened the last ~2.5 years. The C8 has more than exceeded expectations in demand and market pricing, and I'm sure GM will sell what few they can actually produce.

I'm just not a big fan of the C8. Something just doesn't look quite right IRL. A big part of it for me is the rear, esp. the square-ish exhaust tips. The Z06 fixes that, but still. Despite literally the best N/A V8 ever produced it's not really for me. Camaro all day every day for me (w/MT of course!).

SJ_GTI

I am seeing more C8's out in the wild nowadays. I think it looks OK, but I think the C7 was peak Corvette in terms of looks.

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Lebowski

I like them. If I had a job and didn't have the second spot in my garage taken up with weights and bikes I'd consider getting one (base, not z06). But I will always have a soft spot for the C6.