2022 Augsburg Classic Car Show - PART 9

Started by cawimmer430, July 22, 2022, 04:58:30 AM

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

Some lovely cars.  Appreciate your postings.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on July 22, 2022, 07:05:28 AM
Some lovely cars.  Appreciate your postings.

Glad you enjoyed  them.  :cheers:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 22, 2022, 04:58:30 AM

Beautiful '68, what a pair of pipes should look like.

Imo, '67-'68 were the ultimate classic Mustang.  The rest were great, but the '67-'68 were/are special.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

cawimmer430

Agreed. Love the fastback Mustangs. Even the 1970 Mustang looks amazing, especially in Boss 302 trim with the shaker hood! Those were the days!  :rockon:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 23, 2022, 12:11:35 PM
Agreed. Love the fastback Mustangs. Even the 1970 Mustang looks amazing, especially in Boss 302 trim with the shaker hood! Those were the days!  :rockon:

I actually test drove a Boss 302 exactly like that, but ended up with a Mach I...because my wife of the time wanted an automatic.  One of my greatest regrets...not getting the Boss.

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on July 23, 2022, 12:25:02 PM
I actually test drove a Boss 302 exactly like that, but ended up with a Mach I...because my wife of the time wanted an automatic.  One of my greatest regrets...not getting the Boss.

What's the moral of the story? STAY SINGLE! :lol:

By the way, Ford had the perfect solution for you.  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 23, 2022, 01:23:53 PM
What's the moral of the story? STAY SINGLE! :lol:

By the way, Ford had the perfect solution for you.  :lol:

Not really one of their "Better Ideas."  It's still an automatic.

However, I did have a '66 Mustang that looked pretty much like the picture...Candy-Apple red.

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on July 23, 2022, 01:42:28 PM
Not really one of their "Better Ideas."  It's still an automatic.

I know, but I supposed for the 1960s this was innovative stuff - an automatic which allowed "manual downshifting" etc.

Also, the almost child-like tone of this advertisement is kinda cute.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

dazzleman

Great pictures Chris.  I love the 65 Mustang and the older Mercedes Benz 2-seater convertibles (1960 and 1970).

So many beautiful cars.  I love old car shows.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

cawimmer430

Quote from: dazzleman on August 24, 2022, 07:55:06 PM
Great pictures Chris.  I love the 65 Mustang and the older Mercedes Benz 2-seater convertibles (1960 and 1970).

So many beautiful cars.  I love old car shows.

Glad you liked the pics! I love classic car shows because they remind me of the good old days when people lived more or less in complete freedom and car designers could fulfill their dreams without annoying government intervention.

The move to soulless EVs will reinforce my love for classic cars.

www.wimmerfotografie.de