I was the 5th car in a 4 car pileup on the freeway this morning.

Started by shp4man, June 01, 2023, 03:25:17 PM

shp4man

Cruising at a relatively modest 70 mph, some clown 6 cars up slams on the brakes. Which wasn't bad until the moron person in front of me braked too late and tried to split lanes. In a fucking Nissan Altima. The moron damaged at least four other cars.
I was awake and driving the Miata. It's light weight and oversize brakes saved my ass from any damage.
I threaded my way through the broken plastic and bumper skins and got the hell out of there before the CHP shut down the freeway.

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

r0tor

I had cars crash in front and behind me in one pile up that I somehow survived... Crazy how fast shit can go down
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

AutobahnSHO

Will

Morris Minor

Automatic Emergency Braking - it saved my ass once about three years ago when I hadn't seen the stopped traffic ahead. (Rumor is NHTSA's floating a proposal to make it mandatory.)
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

CaminoRacer

Looks like Miatas can stop 6-12 feet shorter than Altimas. That's enough to avoid a bumper!
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV