2o6 went to Lisbon and reviewed the BMW i5

Started by Laconian, October 02, 2023, 10:03:54 AM

GoCougs

Good for him though TBH not into the dietary analogy ("it's metaphorically meatless and therefore better for you").

veeman

Great for him that BMW flew him out to Portugal to test drive their cars. That's fantastic.   

r0tor

Am I missing the actual review?  All I see is vegan talk?  Did I miss something under all of Jalopniks add that covered 1/2 of my phone screen?
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Laconian

Quote from: r0tor on October 03, 2023, 08:31:18 AMAm I missing the actual review?  All I see is vegan talk?  Did I miss something under all of Jalopniks add that covered 1/2 of my phone screen?

You have to click a button to expand the article text. It probably gets them a few more ad impressions.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

giant_mtb

You know vegans can't talk about anything else in the world without bringing up veganism.

But yes there is an actual review down there. :lol:

FoMoJo

I thought that the analogy was pretty good, the i5 is almost as good as a real car/BMW.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

veeman

I like my Kia EV6 fake interior sound. To me it makes the car feel like something out of a sci fi movie set in the future like Blade Runner 2049. The lack of NVH, instant torque, and sci fi sound makes me never want to go back to ICE for daily driving.

Morris Minor

Quote from: veeman on October 04, 2023, 07:40:24 AMI like my Kia EV6 fake interior sound. To me it makes the car feel like something out of a sci fi movie set in the future like Blade Runner 2049. The lack of NVH, instant torque, and sci fi sound makes me never want to go back to ICE for daily driving.
I'm having a vision of ICE vehicles in about 1906, being supplied with wind-up phonographs that played sounds of horses, clip-clopping, whinnying & farting.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

veeman

Quote from: Morris Minor on October 06, 2023, 06:22:02 AMI'm having a vision of ICE vehicles in about 1906, being supplied with wind-up phonographs that played sounds of horses, clip-clopping, whinnying & farting.

Hahaha

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Morris Minor on October 06, 2023, 06:22:02 AMI'm having a vision of ICE vehicles in about 1906, being supplied with wind-up phonographs that played sounds of horses, clip-clopping, whinnying & farting.

All they needed was a coconut
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)