Google Project Greenlight

Started by Laconian, October 11, 2023, 12:07:44 PM

Laconian

https://www.engadget.com/google-ai-stoplight-program-project-green-light-sustainability-traffic-110015328.html

This is pretty neat! Global optimization of traffic signals using telemetry and AI. It substantially reduces time wasted at lights which cuts down on pollution and fuel consumption.

Hope they don't deprecate it when it doesn't get a billion users in a month :lol:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Morris Minor

We moved into an an unincorporated area north east of Atlanta in the early 1990s. It was semi-rural and I was worried we were too far from civilization. Development arrived, and 15 years later we found ourselves incorporated into a new city.

It was the traffic lights that drove us out - interminable hours per week sitting at red lights, pumping crap out of the tailpipe, brake dust, tire particulates, and frustration.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

r0tor

I'm sure it will link to nearby billboards and serve up ads
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Morris Minor

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on October 11, 2023, 05:03:05 PMFuck lights. More roundy-bouts.
Agreed - a close-by city (Milton, GA) has embarked on a roundabout program, it's much better than the lights were & they did a good job providing for pedestrians.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Laconian

My town finally got a roundabout. The stoplight was miserable, a trigger-happy triplight that stopped traffic needlessly even when traffic was light.

Never any waits with the roundabout anymore!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT