Mach E problems

Started by Laconian, November 05, 2023, 12:39:16 AM

Laconian

I'm watching this video while thinking about Shippy's complaints. I remember him bitching about the contactors. :lol:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Morris Minor

Their videos are nicely produced: no yelling, no hyperbole.

The Rare and Classic Cars guy (https://www.youtube.com/@RareClassicCars) says that the malaise era Detroit cars came about because manufacturers weren't given enough time to properly engineer what was needed to meet government mandates. I think something similar is going on with this.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

GoCougs

Great vid, and 100% correct. Just using the Mustang marque was an indicator.

Detroit tried to ape the Tesla hype with false economy of "pre orders" and restricted demand. Worked for a time, now not so much.

Looks like the Japanese - esp. Toyota - probably have it about right.

AutobahnSHO

They should have called it the Probe, or Thunderbird, or Flex, or anything else....
Will

SJ_GTI

FWIW I went out to dinner with my brother who owns a Mach-E. He let me drive it the whole time. IIRC he basically has the base model but with AWD, but not 100% sure (definitely not the GT model though). It drove so nice, super smooth but great acceleration when needed. Was the first time I used 1 pedal driving for an extended time and it was pretty comfortable after I got used to it.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: SJ_GTI on November 06, 2023, 05:56:39 AMFWIW I went out to dinner with my brother who owns a Mach-E. He let me drive it the whole time. IIRC he basically has the base model but with AWD, but not 100% sure (definitely not the GT model though). It drove so nice, super smooth but great acceleration when needed. Was the first time I used 1 pedal driving for an extended time and it was pretty comfortable after I got used to it.

nice! I would like to toodle around in some e-cars somet time.
Will

Laconian

Quote from: SJ_GTI on November 06, 2023, 05:56:39 AMFWIW I went out to dinner with my brother who owns a Mach-E. He let me drive it the whole time. IIRC he basically has the base model but with AWD, but not 100% sure (definitely not the GT model though). It drove so nice, super smooth but great acceleration when needed. Was the first time I used 1 pedal driving for an extended time and it was pretty comfortable after I got used to it.

Judging from the video the issues have more to do with reliability and serviceability than how it drives
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT