Automotive AI Generated Images

Started by cawimmer430, November 17, 2023, 07:48:08 AM

cawimmer430

Not sure if you guys are aware of this but this is all the rage right now on the web. Soon car photographers will be out of a job!!!

There are some amazing AI generators out there like Midjourney, BING and even the still-in-Beta-mode Photoshop Generative Fill feature.

I created these scenes below using BING with the following text prompts. The realism is incredible. Some of the images are not perfect, but they are good enough to fool people at first glance. AI will only get better and better and the results will become ever more incredible.

Text Prompt: dust covered 1960s ford mustang in a desert landscape parked at an abandoned gasoline station

Text Prompt: rusty mercedes-benz sedan partially covered in moss in a forest setting during sunset

Text Prompt: old car halfway submerged in murky water in a forest setting during sunset

Here are some images from a group I am in where these AI creators post their work. Most of them use Midjourney to create these. Brilliant stuff.  :mrcool:

Romantic and sad at the same time.

This one is just... WOW!  :rockon:

How do you pay funny homage to the Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost cars? Like this!  :lol:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

That's pretty amazing.  More captivating than actual photos, imo.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 17, 2023, 07:58:17 AMThat's pretty amazing.  More captivating than actual photos, imo.

Indeed!

I am having so much fun right now with BING! Just created these...

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

CaminoRacer

I'm not sure it will put photographers out of business, maybe illustrators and cartoonists. To me the point of photography is capturing reality.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

giant_mtb

Quote from: CaminoRacer on November 17, 2023, 09:36:31 AMI'm not sure it will put photographers out of business, maybe illustrators and cartoonists. To me the point of photography is capturing reality.

+1

CaminoRacer

I'm playing with it now. Bing sucks at including text in the image, it spells it wrong half the time even if you tell it what to say

giant_mtb

Quote from: CaminoRacer on November 17, 2023, 10:36:21 AMI'm playing with it now. Bing sucks at including text in the image, it spells it wrong half the time even if you tell it what to say

I typed a prompt to Bing like 45 minutes ago and it's still "creating" it. :lol:

CaminoRacer

I can't get a 1969 El Camino, it spit out an earlier year instead lol
I also had to specify "El Camino truck" because it kept giving me a Chevelle

Laconian

Quote from: CaminoRacer on November 17, 2023, 09:36:31 AMI'm not sure it will put photographers out of business, maybe illustrators and cartoonists. To me the point of photography is capturing reality.

It's given me some existential dread, not just for me but primarily the implications for society.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Laconian on November 17, 2023, 11:02:13 AMIt's given me some existential dread, not just for me but primarily the implications for society.

In some ways the younger kids are figuring out that private groups and chats are better than social media. But then they also scroll and search for info on Tik Tok, the most algorithm based social media. It's an interesting dichotomy.

cawimmer430

Quote from: CaminoRacer on November 17, 2023, 10:36:21 AMI'm playing with it now. Bing sucks at including text in the image, it spells it wrong half the time even if you tell it what to say

I tried "1980s RoboCop Movie Poster" and BING created this. I believe the text is messed up due to copyright reasons.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: giant_mtb on November 17, 2023, 10:43:29 AMI typed a prompt to Bing like 45 minutes ago and it's still "creating" it. :lol:

Sometimes the program "hangs", but this can be quickly solved by clicking on your creations on the right and the program will "refresh" and display your delayed creation.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

giant_mtb

I present..."Toyota Tacoma in Snowy Pine Trees." :cool:

cawimmer430

I present to you.... ALIENS & CLASSIC CARS  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Rich

I wonder if this is how artists felt when the camera came out.
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

r0tor

futuristic Mazdas RX-8

You cannot view this attachment.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

r0tor

I need someone to create this body kit

You cannot view this attachment.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

cawimmer430

Quote from: r0tor on November 18, 2023, 08:58:42 AMfuturistic Mazdas RX-8

Very nice!

Quote from: r0tor on November 18, 2023, 09:04:23 AMI need someone to create this body kit

Try using more text prompts to describe the body kit. If the bodykit is made by another manufacturer other than Mazda that name might help.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

New home for a raccoon family!  :lol:

I'm an old romantic... classic cars in forests is my thing.  :lol:

I call these... BRAINWASHING THE NEXT GENERATION TO LOVE CARS.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Laconian

r0tor

r0tor

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 18, 2023, 09:26:12 AMVery nice!

Try using more text prompts to describe the body kit. If the bodykit is made by another manufacturer other than Mazda that name might help.

Need chat 3D printer

r0tor

I seem to have found wimmers secret barn

Laconian

cawimmer430

Quote from: r0tor on November 18, 2023, 04:24:48 PMI seem to have found wimmers secret barn

Haha, brilliant! I love it.

What text prompt did you use to describe the "scantily clad" woman erotically posing on the bonnet of the RX-8? :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Laconian on November 18, 2023, 04:39:01 PMIsn't this demotivating, Wimmer?

At this moment, not really. Most of the work I do for clients right now requires specific parameters which are not replicable in AI yet.

But once AI becomes 100% perfect at creating the wishes of the clients... then damn. My only hope is that these companies will charge a fortune for the usage of their programs which means I might be able to win over a client with "cheaper prices".

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Who doesn't love the peaceful and hopeful atmosphere portrayed in 1950s American magazines and especially car brochures? My attempt at replicating this.  :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

I call this... "How Environmental Extremists View The Internal Combustion Engine"  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de