C&D Top Ten Trucks

Started by AutobahnSHO, December 06, 2023, 06:21:12 AM

AutobahnSHO

Will

WookieOnRitalin

There's only one truck. The rest are utes.

They would really take a CRV over a CX50? Give me a break. This list is pretty bad.

My Top 10
Mazda CX-50
Mazda CX-90
Ford Maverick
Toyota Tacoma TRD
Ram 2500 Big Horn
Subaru CrossTrek Sport
Ford Bronco (does C&D consider this a car?)
Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Kia EV9
Kia Telluride

1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

r0tor

I think their car lost was much more in line with expectations

It's odd as the CX-90 beat the Telluride and the Grand Highlander in a recent C-D test, yet both of them are on the list.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: WookieOnRitalin on December 07, 2023, 08:49:52 AMThere's only one truck. The rest are utes.

You're not counting Maverick?
-if that's where you're coming from, the bed is small but has same payload weight capacity as many full size pickups...
Will

Laconian

What's the waiting list length for Mavericks these days? They are cool cars but Ford seems to be dead set on handicapping its potential out of fear of cannibalizing sales of other trucks. Low production numbers relative to demand, no PHEV option, no EV option.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

AutobahnSHO

I've read many Ecoboosts are at dealer lots without insane markup, and any orders are under 6 months. The fact they switched the pricing so hybrid is $1500 more than EB (started opposite) has cooled demand for the hybrid.

It's truly sad that their cheapest vehicle isn't getting much love- is what most people "need" for a commuter car rather than a huge gas guzzler.
Will

giant_mtb

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on December 08, 2023, 05:31:44 PMYou're not counting Maverick?
-if that's where you're coming from, the bed is small but has same payload weight capacity as many full size pickups...

You'd get along really well with people that drive Ridgelines.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Eye of the Tiger

Back to the C&D top nine CUVs and one truck... I am surprised they keep picking the RAM 1500. It's a truck, I guess.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 09, 2023, 06:15:00 AMBack to the C&D top nine CUVs and one truck... I am surprised they keep picking the RAM 1500. It's a truck, I guess.

Probably because most people lease and they're honestly the nicest trucks on the road as far as interior and bits/bobs go (IMO/E).

I doubt anybody at C&D is straight-up buying a Ram 1500 and attempting to put 100k+ on it over 8-10 years. They might change their tune if they did.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 09, 2023, 06:43:36 AMProbably because most people lease and they're honestly the nicest trucks on the road as far as interior and bits/bobs go (IMO/E).

I doubt anybody at C&D is straight-up buying a Ram 1500 and attempting to put 100k+ on it over 8-10 years. They might change their tune if they did.

I would pick the RAM 3500 dually Cummins for best truck, but not the 1500. I wouldn't pick a 1500 anything. :lol:

Morris Minor

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 09, 2023, 06:43:36 AMProbably because most people lease and they're honestly the nicest trucks on the road as far as interior and bits/bobs go (IMO/E).

Even if C&D know SUV A will still be around tomorrow but SUV B will likely be broken down & waiting for a flatbed, they will still choose B over A if it tests better today.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Morris Minor on December 09, 2023, 02:08:42 PMEven if C&D know SUV A will still be around tomorrow but SUV B will likely be broken down & waiting for a flatbed, they will still choose B over A if it tests better today.

Ain't that the truth.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 09, 2023, 06:06:54 AMYou'd get along really well with people that drive Ridgelines.

😎

Today Maverick hauled two bed loads of leaves/ pine needles to a friend who composts them...
Will

giant_mtb

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on December 09, 2023, 09:41:16 PM😎

Today Maverick hauled two bed loads of leaves/ pine needles to a friend who composts them...

Wow. That's incredible.

AutobahnSHO

Will

Eye of the Tiger

TUNDRA hauled two bags of trash, and two bags of groceries. At the same time. :devil:

Submariner2

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 10, 2023, 04:49:55 PMTUNDRA hauled two bags of trash, and two bags of groceries. At the same time. :devil:

fuk yea
2010 G 550
2019 GLS550

AutobahnSHO

In all seriousness, you wouldn't load a sedan trunk or SUV/ hatchback rear full of yard waste. I wouldn't do that with my minivan and lots of tarps. So yes, even small unibody trucks can be useful!
Will

Laconian

I wonder if Wookie is getting some dirty job mileage out of his Baja.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on December 12, 2023, 01:57:57 PMIn all seriousness, you wouldn't load a sedan trunk or SUV/ hatchback rear full of yard waste. I wouldn't do that with my minivan and lots of tarps. So yes, even small unibody trucks can be useful!

I hated hauling trash in my Jeep. At $3/bag to dump at the transfer station (My ONLY legal way to dispose of garbage in this state), I load up the biggest trash bags I can get. They get stinky after a week or two. Truck stuff.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Laconian on December 12, 2023, 02:08:56 PMI wonder if Wookie is getting some dirty job mileage out of his Baja.

Hope so!

I always wanted one, and his setup is ideal. :wub:
Will

Submariner2

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 12, 2023, 02:27:23 PMI hated hauling trash in my Jeep. At $3/bag to dump at the transfer station (My ONLY legal way to dispose of garbage in this state), I load up the biggest trash bags I can get. They get stinky after a week or two. Truck stuff.

The Thames river is like ten miles from your house and that's completely free!!!
2010 G 550
2019 GLS550

Morris Minor

We have no garbage pickup in this community. I once asked the Facebook group here, "How far have you driven before realizing you'd forgotten to stop by the trash facility on the way out?" Got some good responses. Several people were beyond state lines before the stink reminded them that putrefaction was going on in the back.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Submariner2 on December 16, 2023, 07:51:58 PMThe Thames river is like ten miles from your house and that's completely free!!!

Good point

Lebowski

Quote from: WookieOnRitalin on December 07, 2023, 08:49:52 AMThere's only one truck. The rest are utes.

They would really take a CRV over a CX50? Give me a break. This list is pretty bad.

My Top 10
Mazda CX-50
Mazda CX-90
Ford Maverick
Toyota Tacoma TRD
Ram 2500 Big Horn
Subaru CrossTrek Sport
Ford Bronco (does C&D consider this a car?)
Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Kia EV9
Kia Telluride

CRV crushes the CX50.

Eye of the Tiger