Looking for a new car

Started by Raza , December 24, 2023, 09:19:58 AM

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on January 20, 2024, 06:23:57 AMWho said Supra? Nobody? Supra.

Like the new 2 seater BMW Supra?

It sounded like he wanted a back seat.

" Four doors preferred, but two doors is okay if I can still stick someone back there for a short trip"

Back there in the Supra means the trunk.

The MKIV and earlier Supras had back seats but probably too old for what he wants.  MKIV turbo prices remain insane.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 565 on January 20, 2024, 07:47:38 AMLike the new 2 seater BMW Supra?

It sounded like he wanted a back seat.

" Four doors preferred, but two doors is okay if I can still stick someone back there for a short trip"

Back there in the Supra means the trunk.

The MKIV and earlier Supras had back seats but probably too old for what he wants.  MKIV turbo prices remain insane.

Oh? I didn't realize the new one was only a 2-seater.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

Quote from: 565 on January 20, 2024, 05:25:13 AMIf you are interested in a manual RWD M3, you should at least seek out an ATS-V to test drive. Price should be around your range. It was the best handling car in that class. LF4 engine is pretty stout.  Tremec 6060 should last forever.

I have looked at them and they're on the list, but it's not really a serious consideration. The biggest issue is availability. They sold very few with a stick, so very few are available for sale, and they tend to come in at a few thousand over budget. But I have the ATS-V on a few watched searches.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

r0tor

The back seats of the 1st gen 2 series is actually not bad at all.  That would be my pick, can even go AWD
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Raza

Quote from: r0tor on January 23, 2024, 06:36:22 PMThe back seats of the 1st gen 2 series is actually not bad at all.  That would be my pick, can even go AWD

It's not a bad idea. I would really prefer a sedan, because how often are you going to want to shove someone back there, but the prices are good and the miles are quite lower than comparable 3 and 4 series models. As to be expected, sure, but still, worth noting. Though I do not believe you can get AWD with a manual, just for the record. Not that RWD is disqualifying, clearly.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.