BMW i5 M60 X-Drive review

Started by Morris Minor, January 21, 2024, 12:42:18 PM

Morris Minor

Harry's first ever "Do Not Buy" recommendation.

⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

GoCougs

Just as he started the review, you could just tell it wasn't going to go well. He was very disappoint.

Can we blame automakers for all these EVs that nobody will buy? Once upon a time, what with the subsidies, the regulation, the hype and Teslaism in general, it looked as if ICEVs were to be outlawed in short order. Automakers had to react quickly given the 5+ year design cycle.

TBF, there's lots that isn't EV-related that is bad with this car: from that bus-like dashboard, to the useless driver assist tech, to the 5,300 lb weight, to the cheap interior materials/construction.

I will say, the heavily-accented German was a nice touch (17:50). Now, why it kept droning on about describing the "art" it was displaying is Big Question.

Morris Minor

Quote from: GoCougs on January 21, 2024, 01:07:15 PMJust as he started the review, you could just tell it wasn't going to go well. He was very disappoint.

Can we blame automakers for all these EVs that nobody will buy? Once upon a time, what with the subsidies, the regulation, the hype and Teslaism in general, it looked as if ICEVs were to be outlawed in short order. Automakers had to react quickly given the 5+ year design cycle.

TBF, there's lots that isn't EV-related that is bad with this car: from that bus-like dashboard, to the useless driver assist tech, to the 5,300 lb weight, to the cheap interior materials/construction.

I will say, the heavily-accented German was a nice touch (17:50). Now, why it kept droning on about describing the "art" it was displaying is Big Question.

I'm guessing the language expressing his views on the "Art" bollocks would not have made it past the censors & ended up on the cutting room floor.

Insane complex dashboards prompt EU-mandated lane warning systems that prompt lane warning defeat menu options, adding more distracting complexity to insane complex dashboards.

Look for NHTSA to bring the Lane Assist horror over here.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși