I can't understand the modern world (of pickups).

Started by shp4man, January 25, 2024, 03:43:55 PM

shp4man

My idea of a pickup truck is way out of style. The damn things cost $38K for a stripper these days.
Power windows? Power seats? Auto headlights? Ass massager? Leather upholstery? Power tailgate?
How did we get here? What the fuck happened to my America?
We, as a nation, have become a bunch of wimps. Sad.  ;)

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: shp4man on January 25, 2024, 03:43:55 PMMy idea of a pickup truck is way out of style. The damn things cost $38K for a stripper these days.
Power windows? Power seats? Auto headlights? Ass massager? Leather upholstery? Power tailgate?

Maverick starts well under $30k. :thumbsup:
-LOVE the auto headlights.
-drop down tailgate (which lots of owners complain about and by little gas struts to make it softer)
-love the power seat too, nice to get just the right driving spot. (passenger is manual)

I tell people mine is a commuter car that can do home owner truck stuff. Or that it's a Prius with a bigger motor and a bed. :lol:
Will

FoMoJo

Quote from: shp4man on January 25, 2024, 03:43:55 PMMy idea of a pickup truck is way out of style. The damn things cost $38K for a stripper these days.
Pretty much the same as happened to cars.  '50s cars, except for high end, were similar to pickups as far as interior amenities and features were concerned.  However, I do agree that cars/trucks were a lot more fun back then.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

Aside from being a big truck to do truck stuff, it's also the cheapest way to get 400HP V8 RWD.

Well, it was, but now everything is twin turbo inline four hybrid
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Morris Minor

Yup - for those you have to persuade the sales weasels to take you round the back of the dealer's lot, where they hide the work trucks that they don't want you to know even exist: refrigerator white & black vinyl.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Morris Minor on January 31, 2024, 06:23:31 AMYup - for those you have to persuade the sales weasels to take you round the back of the dealer's lot, where they hide the work trucks that they don't want you to know even exist: refrigerator white & black vinyl.

Even those things are starting at $35K+++

veeman

Pickups sales profits probably keep GM and Ford solvent.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: veeman on February 01, 2024, 12:49:58 PMPickups sales profits probably keep GM and Ford solvent.

That's why they don't even bother making cars, anymore.

giant_mtb

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide