Hummer H3 Gets Entertaining, Racy and?Pink

Started by Fire It Up, May 19, 2005, 06:01:02 AM

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Fire It Up

QuoteGood thing its only a toy!
Well, atleast the pink thing. But they are puttin in a DVD player and iPod interface into the Hummer, which should be good.

BMWDave

Well, atleast the pink thing. But they are puttin in a DVD player and iPod interface into the Hummer, which should be good.
yea-it makes the vehicle more competitive

2007 Honda S2000

Fire It Up

But the engine still sucks. Why dont they shove a V6 in it instead of some gasping for air 5 cylinder?

BMWDave

But the engine still sucks. Why dont they shove a V6 in it instead of some gasping for air 5 cylinder?
That is going to be a major sore point of this vehicle.  The wheezy five will hurt sales, but a suprising  number of people will pay for the brand cache and looks alone.

2007 Honda S2000

Laconian

The H3 has a weight:power ratio of 21.36, while the H2 has a ratio of 26.46. Depending on the gearing, this will probably seem faster than the H2.

(Power numbers for the inline 5 come from the Colorado pickup. It's very likely that they tuned up the engine for Hummer duty.)
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

BMWDave

QuoteThe H3 has a weight:power ratio of 21.36, while the H2 has a ratio of 26.46. Depending on the gearing, this will probably seem faster than the H2.

(Power numbers for the inline 5 come from the Colorado pickup. It's very likely that they tuned up the engine for Hummer duty.)
People will still bitch about the I5, even if it is faster.  

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

QuoteThe H3 has a weight:power ratio of 21.36, while the H2 has a ratio of 26.46. Depending on the gearing, this will probably seem faster than the H2.

The H2 isn't really competing as a mainstream SUV, while the H3 is. It is far more likely to be cross-shopped against its quicker competitors than the larger Hummers.

BMWDave

The H2 isn't really competing as a mainstream SUV, while the H3 is. It is far more likely to be cross-shopped against its quicker competitors than the larger Hummers.
Thats the reason...the H2 is viewed as a very cool, hip SUV, and is out of league of most quick SUVs.  The H3 is a mainstreamer though.

2007 Honda S2000

Secret Chimp

Quotewhy pink???
"I love my Jeep!" girls looking to upgrade a little.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

R33 GT-R

Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!