New Large Toyota Suv?

Started by Atomic, February 18, 2006, 05:36:38 PM

Atomic

dudes, will we see a toyota tundra suv derivative? is so, what should it look like? what would you do to it to make it special?

catman? this is your thread, my friend :) !!!

thewizard16

You mean a Sequoia replacement? I'm sure we will.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Catman

We'll see a new Sequoia and most likely a Lexus derivative.  The 5.7L will be a good match for this truck.  I'm hoping they keep the solid axle in the back.  Someone on AW created a rendering based on the new Tundra but I can't find it.

Raza

I hope it has an independent rear suspension.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

Why? <_< In a suv application a solid axle offers more strength for towing and a well designed one effect the handling negatively (see Durango).

thewizard16

QuoteWhy? <_< In a suv application a solid axle offers more strength for towing and a well designed one effect the handling negatively (see Durango).
Hasn't this solid axle vs. IRS discussion taken place somewhere already?  
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

TBR

Indeed it has, and it started the exact same way.

Tom

QuoteI hope it has an independent rear suspension.
That disappoints me so.

Raza

QuoteWhy? <_< In a suv application a solid axle offers more strength for towing and a well designed one effect the handling negatively (see Durango).
Just to piss Catman off.  

You think I actually care what kind of rear suspension it has?  It could be solid axle, chocolate axle, no axle--I wasn't going to buy one anyway.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

QuoteI hope it has an independent rear suspension.
That disappoints me so.
;)  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Catman

Just to piss Catman off.  

You think I actually care what kind of rear suspension it has?  It could be solid axle, chocolate axle, no axle--I wasn't going to buy one anyway.
I knew that. :P  

Car Zeus

This thing will own all after the first place ranking of the new Tahoe of course!