Charger P/P!

Started by mybrid, February 20, 2006, 03:12:47 AM

mybrid

For those that have yet to see a production Charger P/P (police package) here is the first one that I've seen.
Charger P/P

:pullover:  :ph34r:  :pullover:
Enjoy as always.
:rockon:  B)  :wave:  
Yield, Follow or get out of the way, cause the Charger P/P is in the rearview![/size][/font]

Catman

Wow, looks badass.  Thanks.

giant_mtb

It would look more badass if the blue was darker.  :ph34r:  

ifcar

Raza

I don't know where you guys are coming from, but I never enjoy seeing a police car.

:ph34r:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

dazzleman

QuoteI don't know where you guys are coming from, but I never enjoy seeing a police car.

Hah, dude you need to get over your paranoia.  :lol:  And to think, you've only gotten one ticket.  How did you let one crummy ticket traumatize you so much?  It will probably take 5 or 6 more tickets before you get over your paranoia and become comfortable with police cars, as I am.  :lol:   I think police cars are really cool, and I love to see the equipment and features that they have, despite getting pulled over by them a handful of times or so.

I do think either dark blue or black, possibly with a white stripe, are the best colors for police cars.  That lighter blue is a little off, just as a light blue uniform would be.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Catman

Link is no good now. :rage:  

I think Chrysler should have used the roof off the 300C for this car to make the back more accessible.

dazzleman

QuoteLink is no good now. :rage:  

I think Chrysler should have used the roof off the 300C for this car to make the back more accessible.
Funny Catman, but for me, the link didn't work before, but now it does.

I agree with you -- it looks badass.  I like that.  :rockon:  
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

JYODER240

That lightbar is way to thin. I'll never be able to see one coming now :(  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

QuoteI don't know where you guys are coming from, but I never enjoy seeing a police car.

Hah, dude you need to get over your paranoia.  :lol:  And to think, you've only gotten one ticket.  How did you let one crummy ticket traumatize you so much?  It will probably take 5 or 6 more tickets before you get over your paranoia and become comfortable with police cars, as I am.  :lol:   I think police cars are really cool, and I love to see the equipment and features that they have, despite getting pulled over by them a handful of times or so.

I do think either dark blue or black, possibly with a white stripe, are the best colors for police cars.  That lighter blue is a little off, just as a light blue uniform would be.
It's not the ticket.  It's cops.  I've been paranoid around cops since I was 14 or so.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tom

QuoteThat lightbar is way to thin. I'll never be able to see one coming now :(
Everytime I see a big American car or a big, American, white SUV my alarm goes off regardless of light bars.

It's too bad it has to come to this, but you never know anymore B)  

dazzleman

It's not the ticket.  It's cops.  I've been paranoid around cops since I was 14 or so.
Why?

Raza

Why?
I am a minority teenager. People with authority and guns scare the fuck out of me.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

dazzleman

QuoteI am a minority teenager. People with authority and guns scare the fuck out of me.
Is that an emotional reaction, or do you really believe that the police are your enemies, even if you're not doing anything illegal?

Raza

QuoteI am a minority teenager. People with authority and guns scare the fuck out of me.
Is that an emotional reaction, or do you really believe that the police are your enemies, even if you're not doing anything illegal?
A little of column A, a little of column B.  I don't believe all police are racist and evil (I mean, Catman's not), but I surely tiptoe when I'm around them.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Catman

I hate it when some parents point to us and tell their kids, "You'd better behave or that police man is going to put you in jail!".  Those type of comments only create unreasonable fear.  Not saying that applies to you Raza but it's something I was just thinking about. :P  

J86

QuoteI hate it when some parents point to us and tell their kids, "You'd better behave or that police man is going to put you in jail!".  Those type of comments only create unreasonable fear.  Not saying that applies to you Raza but it's something I was just thinking about. :P
when the parents do that, you sohuld growl at the kids. :lol:  

Raza

QuoteI hate it when some parents point to us and tell their kids, "You'd better behave or that police man is going to put you in jail!".  Those type of comments only create unreasonable fear.  Not saying that applies to you Raza but it's something I was just thinking about. :P
My parents aren't Panthers, Cat.  I grew up trusting the police.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

dazzleman

QuoteI hate it when some parents point to us and tell their kids, "You'd better behave or that police man is going to put you in jail!".  Those type of comments only create unreasonable fear.  Not saying that applies to you Raza but it's something I was just thinking about. :P
My parents aren't Panthers, Cat.  I grew up trusting the police.
What made you change your mind about the police?

I grew up trusting the police, and I still do, largely.  It probably helps that my interactions with the police have almost always been friendly.  Even when they've given me tickets, police officers have always addressed me in a courteous, and in some cases even, friendly, manner.

They've also been a help more than once when I needed them.  Most recently, they pretty swiftly arrested two people who attempted to break into my house, based partly on the description that I provided them (they were responsible for a string of burglaries, and I was the first to actually see them, so I think my description helped).  The detective I dealt with was initially very respectful and formal, but once I was friendly and showed him that I didn't stand on formality, he became very friendly, the kind of guy it would be fun to go have a drink with.

I'd be interested to hear if you have had concrete experiences that are different, or whether your distrust for the police is based upon a general, and sometimes accurate perception, that they don't like darker-skinned people because of well-known crime statistics.

Raza

I've been thrown on a police car's hood for being the wrong age at the wrong time in the wrong place.

But other than that, newspieces, a project on hate crimes propagated by the police, dirty looks from cops and security guards (they're worse than cops, but they don't have guns), et al.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

dazzleman

QuoteI've been thrown on a police car's hood for being the wrong age at the wrong time in the wrong place.

But other than that, newspieces, a project on hate crimes propagated by the police, dirty looks from cops and security guards (they're worse than cops, but they don't have guns), et al.
The relationship between darker-skinned people and the police is a bad cycle.

I hope you'll eventually feel more comfortable, because I think the relationship that darker-skinned people have with the police is a metaphor for their relationship with the rest of society at large.

autom?vel

For fellow police car buffs, but with autom?vel's patented Italian car spin:

Now if that doesn't almost give you an urge to get pulled over...
?Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.?
          -  Teddy Roosevelt

Raza

I wouldn't mind getting pulled over by Italian cops, come to think of it.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

QuoteI've been thrown on a police car's hood for being the wrong age at the wrong time in the wrong place.

The relationship between darker-skinned people and the police is a bad cycle.

I hope you'll eventually feel more comfortable, because I think the relationship that darker-skinned people have with the police is a metaphor for their relationship with the rest of society at large.
I'm brown, so they don't think I'm a petty criminal.  They think I'm a bloody terrorist.

I have no problem with white people in general.  Hell, all my friends are white.  Like 2% of my friends are brown.  And only one person is my age.  

Klan members, rednecks, country music stars; they seem not to like me either.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

sparkplug

The police are you friends. It's the inmates at prison you have to worry about.

Do you'd make a good manwife. And can you deal with a burning butthole.

More importantly: I like that charger. All it needs is a 50 cal machine gun on top and it would really mean business.

J86

that alfa = pure sex

Laconian

Automovel, I'll see your Alfa and raise you a Gallardo.

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

omicron

QuoteAutomovel, I'll see your Alfa and raise you a Gallardo.

Add this super-fast Royal and the law-breakers of this world would have nowhere to run.  :devil:

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/9138/1956royal0xk.jpg

autom?vel

QuoteAutomovel, I'll see your Alfa and raise you a Gallardo.

Not a bad hand at all, but I'll raise you with the original supercar for the panteras.    :lol:

Courtesy of VeloceToday:
"In the 1960s, after the completion of much of the Autostrada, the requirement to be able to run after very fast cars on the very fast Italian highways was a must. Back then, there were no speed limits, the traffic was rather light and the highways were in perfect condition. Therefore, the Italian Police decided to buy a very elegant Ferrari 250GTE and to train few policemen to drive it. The training was done directly by the Ferrari test drivers."

"The color of the car was very dark, as not to attract the attention of the criminals. The Ferrari was based in Rome but it could easily reach the north of the country."

"The Ferrari wasn?t just for show, either. It participated in many high speed chases with a great deal of success, most of the time being piloted by a policeman by the name of maresciallo Armando Spatafora. Both the driver and car eventually became famous."

"After its honored service, the car was restored and today is present in many events in Italy, attracting a loft of attention and curiosity."

At first I thought he was bluffing, but I think omicron has us both beat.   :P  
?Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.?
          -  Teddy Roosevelt

dazzleman

QuoteThe police are you friends. It's the inmates at prison you have to worry about.
I definitely agree with that sentiment.