2008 Civic Convertible

Started by Tom, February 20, 2006, 12:52:20 PM

Tom

Not confirmed, but probable.  Sorry, can't find a pic on the net.  This could be cool as an "Si".

thewizard16

As much as I really don't like the look of the Civic already, I have little doubt I'll find it downright hideous.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tom

I'm looking at the (unfinialized) pic right now.  The front is ugly, just as the current Civic front is.  The side profile look ok however.  Kind of like a Volvo convert(I forget the name), Saab 9-3, and VW Cabrio meshed into one.  Not hideous, but not attractive either.

ifcar

I predict a huge hit with teenage/college girls, a fair number of whom probably would have chosen (notice that I didn't say bought) another Civic version anyway.  

Raza

QuoteI predict a huge hit with teenage/college girls, a fair number of whom probably would have chosen (notice that I didn't say bought) another Civic version anyway.
Are you suggesting that teenage girls who drive overpriced Hondas don't pay for them themselves?

:nono:  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

thewizard16

QuoteI predict a huge hit with teenage/college girls, a fair number of whom probably would have chosen (notice that I didn't say bought) another Civic version anyway.
Are you suggesting that teenage girls who drive overpriced Hondas don't pay for them themselves?

They don't, but surely the college aged ones driving Lexus RX330s and BMW 325s do, right?
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Raza

They don't, but surely the college aged ones driving Lexus RX330s and BMW 325s do, right?
That was a sarcastic " :nono: "

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

thewizard16

(I know... did you read my post?) :P  
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Raza

I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic as well or not.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

thewizard16

Absolutely.  :D  
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Raza

Absolutely.  :D
:D  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

giant_mtb

Holy shit a convert. Civic would be ugly.  :banghead:  

Run Away

I have the rendering of what it looks like in front of me (latest SCC mag), it's jacked up like a 4x4!
Looks like a Peugot actually.

BMWDave

QuoteI have the rendering of what it looks like in front of me (latest SCC mag), it's jacked up like a 4x4!
Looks like a Peugot actually.
Can you perhaps scan it in? :wave:  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Run Away

Would if I could, but I don't have a scanner.

Here's the best I could do with a camera though:

Speed_Racer

Ohh yuck! It really can get uglier...who woulda thunk.

And I totally agree with the comments about teenage girls. Of course they don't buy them. Why should they when Daddy is willing to foot the bill?

thewizard16

That is quite possibly the ugliest small convertible I've ever seen.
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

giant_mtb

That's what I was afraid it would possibly look like...a crabby VW Sciorro or whatever that's called...or something...

omicron

QuoteThat's what I was afraid it would possibly look like...a crabby VW Sciorro or whatever that's called...or something...

It looks like crabs. Full stop.

My god, that Civic front end wouldn't look out of place on a minivan.

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

SVT666

I really didn't think it could get any uglier...boy was I wrong!

mazda6er

Well, it's good to see Honda is devoted to making hideous vehicles. I like a company with direction.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raza

That's fantastic!

If you need a smilie to tell that that's sarcastic, you need help.

In any case, that looks like it's based on the Euro market Civic hatch.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

J86

Ya know, I don't find the hard top to be too atrocious of a vehicle.  This, on the other hand...

bobwill

It enven makes the metro convertible look good.

SJ_GTI

QuoteMy god, that Civic front end wouldn't look out of place on a minivan.
According to Wizard it doesn't look like a minivan, it looks like a Lamborghini.

thewizard16

QuoteMy god, that Civic front end wouldn't look out of place on a minivan.
According to Wizard it doesn't look like a minivan, it looks like a Lamborghini.
Are you referring to me? (And my comment about it being possibly the ugliest small convertible I'd ever seen?)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

ifcar

Wizard from C/D, the Honda troll.

thewizard16

QuoteWizard from C/D, the Honda troll.
Okay, good.
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport