Honda to increase Ridgeline production

Started by BMWDave, May 20, 2005, 06:54:30 AM

BMWDave

Honda to increase Ridgeline production

Las Vegas, Nevada - Honda of Canada Manufacturing has increased the daily input of its new Ridgeline pickup truck, according to a report released by the Specialty Equipment Manufacturing Association.

Originally projecting 53,000 vehicles for fiscal year 2006, Honda is now reported to be on track to build 80,000 Ridgelines annually. The Ridgeline is the first four-door pickup to earn the U.S. government's highest crash test rating for frontal and side-impact crashes.

link

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

50K did seem like a bit of a lowball figure, but they'd have had to keep it around there to maintain the traditional Honda strategy of keeping supply just below demand to inflate selling prices, which worked very well for them with the Odyssey and Pilot.  

Run Away

OT: I sent you a PM ifcar, tried to do another but it did not work. See ARBT for details.

ifcar

QuoteOT: I sent you a PM ifcar, tried to do another but it did not work. See ARBT for details.
I'm not the site admin.  ;)

I'll check it out though.  

El Barto

Great, just what we need, 30,000 more of one of the ugliest vehicles ever made.   <_<  
2016 Volkswagen GTI (Aug 2015 - Present)
2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg (Aug 2011 - Aug 2015)
2003 Saab 9-3 2.0t (Oct 2007 - Aug 2011)
1990 Nissan Maxima SE (July 2003 - Oct 2007)

280Z Turbo

QuoteGreat, just what we need, 30,000 more of one of the ugliest vehicles ever made.   <_<
It's not that ugly. I'd say it's no uglier than a Ferrari Enzo.

BMWDave

QuoteGreat, just what we need, 30,000 more of one of the ugliest vehicles ever made.   <_<
It's not that ugly. I'd say it's no uglier than a Ferrari Enzo.
you think the enzo is ugly??????  It may not be beautiful, but there is no way in hell its ugly.

You think this
is no uglier than

?????

2007 Honda S2000

TurboDan

Is it realy THAT bad?  I mean, we're not talking Aztek here.  I sorta think it's an interesting design, actually.  The interior is pleasing as well.

TBR

What are the sales numbers? March and April were below expectations and at that time I predicted that they would do nothing but fall as all of the hype wears away.

Colonel Cadillac

It is in no way an interesting design, but, rather, an unoriginal design.

And the Enzo is not ugly, just a bit on the wide side.

BMWDave

QuoteIt is in no way an interesting design, but, rather, an unoriginal design.

And the Enzo is not ugly, just a bit on the wide side.
which a supercar should be.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

It's an interesting design. and if it says honda on it, people will buy, just like in the Ridgeline commercial, the announcer says 'after all, it's a honda'.

R33 GT-R

Don't do it Honda, that thing is hideous.  I saw one on the road the other day and my truck made an immediate right turn, by itself.  Please don't torture us with that ugly beast Honda.
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

R33 GT-R

QuoteIs it realy THAT bad?  I mean, we're not talking Aztek here.  I sorta think it's an interesting design, actually.  The interior is pleasing as well.

It is approaching the ugliness of the Asstek, it's bringing the tuna funk.

Raghavan

QuoteDon't do it Honda, that thing is hideous.  I saw one on the road the other day and my truck made an immediate right turn, by itself.  Please don't torture us with that ugly beast Honda.
:lol:  :lol:
maybe you had spasms at the wheel after seeing it?
Honda has to make the bed longer and lower, and the part where the bed and the cab meet is pretty ugly. the front fascia is pretty hideous too.

BMWDave

QuoteDon't do it Honda, that thing is hideous.  I saw one on the road the other day and my truck made an immediate right turn, by itself.  Please don't torture us with that ugly beast Honda.
Honda has to make the bed longer and lower, and the part where the bed and the cab meet is pretty ugly. the front fascia is pretty hideous too.
The whole Ridgeline is oddly out of proportion.  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

QuoteDon't do it Honda, that thing is hideous.  I saw one on the road the other day and my truck made an immediate right turn, by itself.  Please don't torture us with that ugly beast Honda.
The whole Ridgeline is oddly out of proportion.
the front is quite tall and brick-like.

R33 GT-R