What I saw on my drive home last night...

Started by anti_analog, March 15, 2006, 11:34:32 AM

anti_analog

On Long Lake road in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, last night I saw an undisguised Porsche 911 Turbo (997), clearly distinguished by it's weird little running light arrays and otherwise angry looking front fascia, as well as modestly gargantuan rear spoiler.  It's a lot more distinguished looking than the previous generation turbo on the road, at least VS standard carrera and carrera S models.
No photos, no time, and even if I wasn't too lazy to turn around, there's no good place to do it where I saw this car.
I am correct in my impression that this car is not out for sale yet?

I also saw not one, but two Volvo C70s on Woodward Ave this morning.  They look much more aggressive on the road than I thought they would, probably something to do with the wider track vs. the S40.  Both cars were silver with "TEST CAR" written in large blue letters of the volvo font on the side.

Weird that I would see two not yet available cars from two manufactures I've never seen pre-release cars from on the road out here within 24 hours of each other....

Oh well, just thought I'd share...

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

BMWDave

Quote:threadsux:  I want pics!
:lol:

Wow, that is very cool.  Its good that you liked the 997 Turbo in person, I think new Porsches are always like that.  They look so much better in person than in pictures.  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

anti_analog

Yeah, I'm not crazy about the regular and S new 911s, but the Turbo definitely looked fancy and aggressive and cool.

I'm noticing that I like the Cayman a LOT more in person than in pics.

I wish I had a vehicle mounted camera, one see's lots of interesting things driving around where I do (detroit suburbs, a mix of prototypes [possible updated fusion with mild camo seen on the road this morning for instance, but more likely just a leftover doing some engineering testing] and hilariously expensive cars, like the Ford GT that was parked at a furniture party last saturday).
Even if I have my camera out, by the time it turns on, my potential subject is usually long gone...The only spy pic I ever got was of a C6 vette the summer before they were released, but there were SOOO many on the road, that was hardly an accomplishment.