Audi TT crash on Long Island...

Started by saxonyron, March 18, 2006, 03:25:45 PM

saxonyron

Did anyone see the news on this?  The guy in the Audi TT basically walked away with minor injuries.  Truck was 16,000 lbs over weight and the truck driver was way out of control.  I'll try to find the link of the actual video - the bus had a live camera running that caught almost the whole thing - pretty amazing.  This trucker should do some time for this.  Talk about wreckless endangerment!  Even if he was cut off by someone else, I know the extra 8 tons didn't help him control the truck in an emergency maneuver.

Ironically, the car driver is an Audi dealer - looks like he'll sell a few extra cars once word of his safe product line gets out!  (Of course, I'd imagine his survival was 50% luck, 50% car design.)  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

Link for the video of the crash taken by the bus.

Kind of shocking to see how quickly and totally unavoidable things went down the crapper for the TT driver.  He didn't have a chance for any evasion.   :blink:

Even after a couple decades of mostly incident-free driving, I still make sure I don't linger next to 6, 10 or 18 wheelers.  I pass them as quick as possible.  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

footoflead

I beat you to it by about 2 hrs...Lets get dan to combine the threads or something
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Raza

Well that settles that, I'm buying a TT.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

saxonyron

QuoteI beat you to it by about 2 hrs...Lets get dan to combine the threads or something
Whoops! I checked through the forums, but didn't look in "the Law" category.  My bad!  Come to think of it, this all probably belongs in General Automotive. :ph34r:    

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

footoflead

QuoteI beat you to it by about 2 hrs...Lets get dan to combine the threads or something
Whoops! I checked through the forums, but didn't look in "the Law" category.  My bad!  Come to think of it, this all probably belongs in General Automotive. :ph34r:
Hey man dont worry about it... B)  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's