Yet Another Ticket Thread

Started by IrishGuy, March 25, 2006, 04:47:36 PM

IrishGuy

So this whole ticket thing is spreading throughout the forum. I got a ticket driving home for a visit. It was on the NYS Thruway and I got hit with lidar. I was caught going 81 in a 65.

The trooper was extremely polite and was nice enough to light me up as I was coming up to a rest-stop/pull off area so I could get ourselves out of traffic. He got straight to the point [ didn't even ask me if I knew why he was pulling me over - although I would have admitted ] and told me "I caught you going 81 in the 65 back there - license and registration please." [ paraphrased ]. He was very professional.

I have no idea though where he was sitting. I didn't even notice him. He had a Tahoe and so I really must have not been paying attention to see a Tahoe doing lidar. I'm thinking I was switching CDs at the time and just missed it. Then before I left the rest-area I saw him back in to a space and roll down his window for doing the lidar again to catch another "client." Excellent hiding spot if I must say so myself [ I have seen them there before actually ].

Anyways, just thought I would warn everyone else that the ticket bug is going around.

2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited

footoflead

Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

dazzleman

QuoteSo this whole ticket thing is spreading throughout the forum. I got a ticket driving home for a visit. It was on the NYS Thruway and I got hit with lidar. I was caught going 81 in a 65.

The trooper was extremely polite and was nice enough to light me up as I was coming up to a rest-stop/pull off area so I could get ourselves out of traffic. He got straight to the point [ didn't even ask me if I knew why he was pulling me over - although I would have admitted ] and told me "I caught you going 81 in the 65 back there - license and registration please." [ paraphrased ]. He was very professional.

I have no idea though where he was sitting. I didn't even notice him. He had a Tahoe and so I really must have not been paying attention to see a Tahoe doing lidar. I'm thinking I was switching CDs at the time and just missed it. Then before I left the rest-area I saw him back in to a space and roll down his window for doing the lidar again to catch another "client." Excellent hiding spot if I must say so myself [ I have seen them there before actually ].

Anyways, just thought I would warn everyone else that the ticket bug is going around.
Sorry to hear it, man.  When was your last ticket?

That sounds a lot like my last ticket experience.  I never saw the cop when I passed him, and he also came straight to the point about why he pulled me over, never bothering to do all that 'do you know why' or 'do you know how fast you were going' bulls&*t.  I was also going almost the same amount over the limit as your were -- 17 mph over.  And I also got nailed with lidar, not radar.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  I've gotten popped enough to know it's not the end of the world.  Life goes on, just as before.  It's not a big deal.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm definitely due for one.  I get at least one speeding ticket in every second car I own, and I just got a new car, after not getting any tickets in the previous one.  I guess I better watch out too.  :pullover:

In all honesty, I don't really care if I get busted.  I intend to drive the way I want, and deal with the consequences if and when they come.  That approach has worked well for me for 27 years now.

Do you plan to go to court on it?  I know from my own experience that in NYS, the fine is not listed on the ticket itself, but you have to get it from the court, either by mail if you plead guilty by mail, or in person if you go to court. [Connecticut simply puts the fine on the ticket, so it requires only one transaction with them if you're pleading guilty.]

Anyway man, good luck, and let us know how you plan to handle the ticket, and what the outcome is.  :pullover:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Raza

Sorry man.  Due to the recent outbreak, I'm taking the bus for a while.  This shit is like fucking bird flu.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

footoflead

QuoteSorry man.  Due to the recent outbreak, I'm taking the bus for a while.  This shit is like fucking bird flu.
:ph34r: I'm going to actually figure out what the actual speedlimit is...not what i think it should be now :lol:  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

TurboDan

Wow, this IS getting crazy lately.  I went with the flow of traffic yesterday and saw myself pushing 90 quite a few times on the NJ Turnpike.  People were still passing me with a vengeance in the left lane, too.  I better slow it down a bit...  or, maybe not.  :ph34r:  

dazzleman

QuoteWow, this IS getting crazy lately.  I went with the flow of traffic yesterday and saw myself pushing 90 quite a few times on the NJ Turnpike.  People were still passing me with a vengeance in the left lane, too.  I better slow it down a bit...  or, maybe not.  :ph34r:
Nah, don't slow down, Dan.  We want to see a ticket thread started by you too.  :lol:   You might as well join in the fun, man.  :rockon:  
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

IrishGuy

Quote from: IrishGuy,Mar 25 2006, 06:47 PM

Do you plan to go to court on it?  I know from my own experience that in NYS, the fine is not listed on the ticket itself, but you have to get it from the court, either by mail if you plead guilty by mail, or in person if you go to court. [Connecticut simply puts the fine on the ticket, so it requires only one transaction with them if you're pleading guilty.]

Anyway man, good luck, and let us know how you plan to handle the ticket, and what the outcome is.  :pullover:
Let's just say I don't need to go to court or pay a fine ;)  

dazzleman

Quote from: dazzleman,Mar 25 2006, 08:18 PM

You know somebody who took care of it for you?

I'm jealous, man.  :banghead:  

J86

IrishGuy

Quote from: IrishGuy,Mar 26 2006, 01:05 PM
Quote from: dazzleman,Mar 25 2006, 08:18 PM

You know somebody who took care of it for you?

I'm jealous, man.  :banghead:
Well, my dad is a retired LEO. But, it's not a thing I like to go to him for. However, 4 points and a $200 fine [ somewhere around that ] is much worse than fessing up.