Who Will Be the Next To Get a Ticket?

Started by dazzleman, March 25, 2006, 05:28:01 PM

dazzleman

QuoteAlmost.? Twice.
You slipped away from the clutches of those nasty LEOs two more times, Raza.  You've got nothing to complain about, man.

Sax and I were speculating that you may have gotten badly busted this week, but I guess we were wrong.  That's too bad.... :lol:
It was a good bet on me, since I had 500 miles over the weekend, mostly highway.  Both times I was doing 75 in a 65, one time the cop just flew by me like I was invisible, the other time, the cozzer lit up, went after me, and snagged someone else instead, like I was invisible.
75 in a 65?  That's all?  And you're on here saying you almost got busted, man.  Most cops wouldn't even give you a second look for such a lame violation... :lol:  The guy that lit up for you was probably toying with you, just trying to make you crap in your pants on his way to going after a real speeder.  :pullover:

I'm really disappointed, and I'm sure Ron will be too.  I was expecting a lot more out of you than that, Raza.  :rockon:
Hey, hey...it's a damn long trip.  Keeping to 10 over, I get between 29 and 31mpg, make good time, and stay invisible.  

In a 210 mile trip over the PA Turnpike, passing through hick towns with hick cops, I'm not looking to get arrested.  

It was a marathon, not a sprint.  I have to pace myself.  I still have the points for my 70 in a 35 on my license.
Raza, the only response I have to that is.....Does it hurt?  :lol:  
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Tom

QuoteAlmost.  Twice.
You slipped away from the clutches of those nasty LEOs two more times, Raza.  You've got nothing to complain about, man.

Sax and I were speculating that you may have gotten badly busted this week, but I guess we were wrong.  That's too bad.... :lol:
It was a good bet on me, since I had 500 miles over the weekend, mostly highway.  Both times I was doing 75 in a 65, one time the cop just flew by me like I was invisible, the other time, the cozzer lit up, went after me, and snagged someone else instead, like I was invisible.
75 in a 65?  That's all?  And you're on here saying you almost got busted, man.  Most cops wouldn't even give you a second look for such a lame violation... :lol:  The guy that lit up for you was probably toying with you, just trying to make you crap in your pants on his way to going after a real speeder.  :pullover:

I'm really disappointed, and I'm sure Ron will be too.  I was expecting a lot more out of you than that, Raza.  :rockon:
Hey, hey...it's a damn long trip.  Keeping to 10 over, I get between 29 and 31mpg, make good time, and stay invisible.  

In a 210 mile trip over the PA Turnpike, passing through hick towns with hick cops, I'm not looking to get arrested.  

It was a marathon, not a sprint.  I have to pace myself.  I still have the points for my 70 in a 35 on my license.
Damn, that's slow on the Turnpike.  I would probably average 85 or so with a few bursts.

Raza

QuoteAlmost.  Twice.

Raza, the only response I have to that is.....Does it hurt?  :lol:
You mean when I fell from heaven?  How very gay of you.  

The simple fact is that if I get another ticket, I not only have to answer to the law, but to my parents, and consider they pay for my school, my car, my insurance, and my general expenses, I try and piss them off as little as possible.

So, to sum up, fuck off.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

dazzleman

QuoteYou mean when I fell from heaven?? How very gay of you.?

The simple fact is that if I get another ticket, I not only have to answer to the law, but to my parents, and consider they pay for my school, my car, my insurance, and my general expenses, I try and piss them off as little as possible.

So, to sum up, fuck off.
Wow Raza, I didn't think you'd take my ball-busting that seriously, especially since you're quite capable of dishing it out yourself.

You must not be in a fraternity at school, man.

Anyway, happy motoring, whatever speed you choose to drive.  I'll just be 'nice' from now on.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Raza

QuoteYou mean when I fell from heaven?  How very gay of you. 

So, to sum up, fuck off.
Wow Raza, I didn't think you'd take my ball-busting that seriously, especially since you're quite capable of dishing it out yourself.

Anyway, happy motoring, whatever speed you choose to drive.  I'll just be 'nice' from now on.
Eh, don't bother--I was just justifying.  All in all, it's a long journey, and I can average the same speed by consistently staying 10 miles an hour over.  Plus, with the fact that I almost got thrown in jail 11 months ago still causes me become violently ill when I see a cop, it's not worth the stress.  As I said, it's a marathon, I've got to pace myself.  I've made an average of 85mph over a 250 mile trip before, but I'll never try that (in state) again.  The risk is disproportional to the reward.  

By the way, when trying to bust my balls, don't use pickup line lead-ins.   :P  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

dazzleman

QuoteYou mean when I fell from heaven?? How very gay of you.?

So, to sum up, fuck off.

Eh, don't bother--I was just justifying.  All in all, it's a long journey, and I can average the same speed by consistently staying 10 miles an hour over.  Plus, with the fact that I almost got thrown in jail 11 months ago still causes me become violently ill when I see a cop, it's not worth the stress.  As I said, it's a marathon, I've got to pace myself.  I've made an average of 85mph over a 250 mile trip before, but I'll never try that (in state) again.  The risk is disproportional to the reward.  

Dude, I wasn't even aware I had used a pick-up line.  I'm still not really sure what you're talking about, but it doesn't really matter.

Your attitude about speeding is very smart by the way, all kidding aside.  I don't think I've ever averaged close to 85 mph on any trip, though I hit the 80-85 mph range during the trip.  In an optimal circumstance, I probably average 75 mph on the highway portion of a long trip.  So I guess our driving styles aren't really all that different after all.

Raza

"Did it hurt?"
"Did what hurt?"
"When you fell from heaven?"

Pickup line^^

In any case, I'm trying not to get arrested by some podunk cop who thinks he's just caught Osama in an Volkswagen.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

dazzleman

Quote"Did it hurt?"
"Did what hurt?"

Pickup line^^

In any case, I'm trying not to get arrested by some podunk cop who thinks he's just caught Osama in an Volkswagen.
Hah, I was thinking of something else actually.  Never mind.

Raza, remember that Timothy McVeigh was caught because he was stopped for speeding.  The Osama in a VW scenario may not be so far-fetched then.... :lol:

Though I'd have to say, if you really do look like Osama, I'd say you're looking pretty bad for 21 years old....all those years of hard living must be catching up to you... :rockon:  

J86

You gotta move on...I WAS actually picked up a few months ago...

TBR

I am afraid of a ticket because my parents don't pay for my insurance...

J86

QuoteI am afraid of a ticket because my parents don't pay for my insurance...
neither do mine! :lol:  

sparkplug

Quote"Did it hurt?"
"Did what hurt?"

Pickup line^^

Interesting. In that case you should careful about growing a beard and wearing a turbon or whatever that thing is on your head. Wear a dunce cap instead. Women like men with dunce caps on their head.  

TurboDan

QuoteIn any case, I'm trying not to get arrested by some podunk cop who thinks he's just caught Osama in an Volkswagen.
Not for nothin', but, Osama normally travels in a Land Cruiser convoy.   :devil:  

Raza

QuoteIn any case, I'm trying not to get arrested by some podunk cop who thinks he's just caught Osama in an Volkswagen.
Not for nothin', but, Osama normally travels in a Land Cruiser convoy.   :devil:
Yeah, and I'm sure some backwater Bush supporter with a gun knows shit about shit.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Quote"Did it hurt?"
"Did what hurt?"

Pickup line^^

Hah, I was thinking of something else actually.  Never mind.

Raza, remember that Timothy McVeigh was caught because he was stopped for speeding.  The Osama in a VW scenario may not be so far-fetched then.... :lol:

Though I'd have to say, if you really do look like Osama, I'd say you're looking pretty bad for 21 years old....all those years of hard living must be catching up to you... :rockon:
I'm brown, for people in the middle of Pennsylvania, that's close enough.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Eh, don't bother--I was just justifying.  All in all, it's a long journey, and I can average the same speed by consistently staying 10 miles an hour over.  Plus, with the fact that I almost got thrown in jail 11 months ago still causes me become violently ill when I see a cop, it's not worth the stress.  As I said, it's a marathon, I've got to pace myself.  I've made an average of 85mph over a 250 mile trip before, but I'll never try that (in state) again.  The risk is disproportional to the reward. 

By the way, when trying to bust my balls, don't use pickup line lead-ins.   :P
You gotta move on...I WAS actually picked up a few months ago...
You got picked up on alcohol possession, that's completely different, and you do not have my parents.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tom

You make such a big deal about profiling but do the same when it comes to rural cops.

Raza

QuoteYou make such a big deal about profiling but do the same when it comes to rural cops.
Stereotypes exist for a reason.  I never said I was perfect.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tom

QuoteYou make such a big deal about profiling but do the same when it comes to rural cops.
Stereotypes exist for a reason.  I never said I was perfect.
Youmake a pretty big deal about other people wanting to profile for security reasons, just as your are with this issue.

dazzleman

Tom, this is not meant to be a swipe at Raza, but I have long observed that the people who always go around claiming to be victims of everything are usually the biggest victimizers of all.  The tyranny of the supposed 'victim' is the scourge of the era that we live in.  We have allowed people to use their failings and weaknesses as a weapon against the rest of us.  It's absurd.

TurboDan

Yeah, and I'm sure some backwater Bush supporter with a gun knows shit about shit.
I'm thinking of moving soon, so I guess there will be at least one.   :thumbsup:  

dazzleman

I'm thinking of moving soon, so I guess there will be at least one.   :thumbsup:
Dan, now that you're thinking of moving, I think I'm going to have to increase my odds on you being the next guy on here to get a ticket.  Get yourself out of Manhattan and into a situation where you're driving every day, and it's only a matter of time, man.  :lol:

I don't think Raza ought to be stereotyping Bush supporters with guns.  Counties that voted for Bush had an average murder rate that is a small fraction of the average murder rate among counties that voted for Kerry.

Tom

Tom, this is not meant to be a swipe at Raza, but I have long observed that the people who always go around claiming to be victims of everything are usually the biggest victimizers of all.  The tyranny of the supposed 'victim' is the scourge of the era that we live in.  We have allowed people to use their failings and weaknesses as a weapon against the rest of us.  It's absurd.
True, I agree with you again.

TurboDan

QuoteDan, now that you're thinking of moving, I think I'm going to have to increase my odds on you being the next guy on here to get a ticket.  Get yourself out of Manhattan and into a situation where you're driving every day, and it's only a matter of time, man.  :lol:

I don't Raza ought to be stereotyping Bush supporters with guns.  Counties that voted for guns had an average murder rate that is a small fraction of the average murder rate among counties that voted for Kerry.
Yeah, if I'm doing alot of driving, especially back and forth to the city, it could get dicey. I'll be OK on the NJ Turnpike since they have to pace you from behind, and I can keep and eye out.  But on the Garden State Parkway, they hide behind bushes and signs and really can get you.  Same on 195 to 295 if I were to be driving to Philly.  

Ha, you're right about the murder rate part.  I'd feel alot safer in Texas than alot of Kerry territory.  He got 97% of the vote in DC, right?  The murder capital of the U.S.  

Raza

Or, possibly hate and distrust is cyclical.

And life is too short for me to be the bigger man, and it can get very short when the smaller man has a big gun.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Dan, now that you're thinking of moving, I think I'm going to have to increase my odds on you being the next guy on here to get a ticket.  Get yourself out of Manhattan and into a situation where you're driving every day, and it's only a matter of time, man.  :lol:

I don't Raza ought to be stereotyping Bush supporters with guns.  Counties that voted for guns had an average murder rate that is a small fraction of the average murder rate among counties that voted for Kerry.
I meant specifically cops.  They all have guns.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TurboDan

QuoteI meant specifically cops.  They all have guns.
Not in England.

Raza

QuoteI meant specifically cops.  They all have guns.
Not in England.
I wasn't driving in England.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

dazzleman

QuoteDan, now that you're thinking of moving, I think I'm going to have to increase my odds on you being the next guy on here to get a ticket.? Get yourself out of Manhattan and into a situation where you're driving every day, and it's only a matter of time, man.? :lol:

I don't Raza ought to be stereotyping Bush supporters with guns.? Counties that voted for guns had an average murder rate that is a small fraction of the average murder rate among counties that voted for Kerry.
Yeah, if I'm doing alot of driving, especially back and forth to the city, it could get dicey. I'll be OK on the NJ Turnpike since they have to pace you from behind, and I can keep and eye out.  But on the Garden State Parkway, they hide behind bushes and signs and really can get you.  Same on 195 to 295 if I were to be driving to Philly.  

Ha, you're right about the murder rate part.  I'd feel alot safer in Texas than alot of Kerry territory.  He got 97% of the vote in DC, right?  The murder capital of the U.S.
I'm not sure how they do enforcement on the NJ Turnpike.  A guy I know got a ticket on the pike for doing 80 mph, and I'm not sure how they nailed him.

The safest roads for speeding are those without shoulders, since there's little place for the officers to hide.  I don't know if you've ever driven on the Merritt Parkway in Connecticut, but it's like that.

I generally find that most people are pretty ticket-proof on a road with moderate traffic.  It's a numbers game.  It's when you're out on that road at night, without a lot of company, that you're a sitting duck.  Wasn't your last ticket on the NJ Turnpike, or am I remembering that incorrectly?

As far as the whole guns/crime rate thing, as I said, I feel a lot safer in conservative areas.  They tend to have a much lower crime rate than liberal areas.  I think that speaks volumes.

dazzleman

QuoteI meant specifically cops.? They all have guns.
Not in England.
I wasn't driving in England.
Raza, is there something you're not telling us?

Seriously.  I can't believe you were that heavily traumatized by getting stopped for speeding once.  It's not as if cops came barging into your house with guns drawn and almost killed you.

I really don't get it.  A lot of people I know, both here and in person, have been pulled over multiple times, and while they may not be thrilled to see a cop in their rear-view mirror, I've never quite met anybody who has the same terror of LEOs that you seem to have.

And to top it all off, you got a slap on the wrist for doing double the speed limit.  You should be counting your blessings, dude, instead of being on this anti-cop kick.  I really don't understand it.

I realize you're dark-skinned, but so are a lot of other people, and I haven't met one who goes to the extreme that you have gone to.

What am I missing here?